[cir] Maorgarnn

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Maorgarnn

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hello, everyone :wave:

When I was making my JET square, I found out that after a long time I again enjoy very much making an ordinary track. So after the square was done I started working a new circuit, which should meet the same level as all the ToM podium tracks I made back in 2011 :meditate:

I got the idea for the layout while I was racing in AleksiNir's Därin. Every time I drove through Därin's 2nd and 3rd corner, I thought that some kind of Maggots-Becketts reminding corner combination would be fitting after those corners. I used that idea as the base for the layout. When I was making the track, also the scenery was heavily inspired by Därin. Then at one point I got an idea about making the top part almost empty, and I think that it was a really good thing to do. So in the end, I think, the track ended up looking something like Därin meets Trigger Happy's Fionn Gorm with some my personal touches included. At least that's my feeling about the track.

The zip includes a version for 4:3 screen ratio (Maorgarnn.trk) and a version for 16:9 screen ratio (Maorgarnn W.trk).

I hope that you'll like the track and also drop some comments :)

Edit: Zip updated after 4 downloads. Added some persons that I had forgot to put on the track.
Attachments
Maorgarnn.zip
(166.74 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Maorgarnn normal screen.png
Maorgarnn weird screen.png
Last edited by Emil Patanen on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Maorgarnn

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like it a lot and am glad, that one my track just a little bit inspired you, but I think something bit more in top would probably look bit better. Not much, possibly only runoffs in front of stand in top-right and outside the bend in top-left (from edge of forest until 1st pine in middle-top), because all of the runoffs (with quite distinctive texture) are currently spread in one half of map, so it would add more balance, I believe.

BTW driving very good too. :up:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks, for your comment, Trigger Happy :) I am glad that you like the track, both how it looks and drives.
I wanted to go bit experimental in the top part by making it very plain, thus it looks how it is. About run-offs you suggested, IMO it wouldn't make much sense to have a run-off in top-left since it isn't a place where people would be driving off the track with high speed. But you're right that maybe there could have been a textured run-off in the second place you suggested.

BTW, I noticed that I had put persons on the pit wall only. I updated the zip with tracks that have persons in more places.
Latest releases:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

To be frank, I must say it is a both superb and harmonious mix of those two great works by our trackmasters. Speaking of harmonious, (virtually) everything looks smooth and it is nice to see you brought in a Silverstone-esque characteristic of the Maggots-Becketts combination, which corresponds rather well in the two tracks this work is based on. :up:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comment, DuklaLiberec :)

Any other comments?
Latest releases: