[rwl] [stc] Beijing Jingkai Street Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
The Grimeloid

[rwl] [stc] Beijing Jingkai Street Circuit

Post by The Grimeloid »

The infamous Beijing Jingkai A1GP layout is now on GeneRally. Again, I know it looks rotten, but it was the best I could do.
Beijing_Jingkai.zip
(12.72 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
http://gdecarli.it/php/index.php?var1=2&var2=2 You can see here why there is grass
shot0002.jpg
There is the layout I did, pretty much
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [stc] Beijing Jingkai Street Circuit

Post by Otto Wilson »

Bruno, you can make great things only using the default Track Editor, make sure to use the "Rope Lenght" tool and use Zoom to place objects, things will get very smooth this way... also, overlap the objects a bit, its useful to fix gaps in walls, et cetera...
Also, if you use the second tarmac you can then outline it with white lines, this is the way to make thin lines in TE, but its very manual, pixel per pixel...
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Otto Wilson wrote:Bruno, you can make great things only using the default Track Editor, make sure to use the "Rope Lenght" tool and use Zoom to place objects, things will get very smooth this way... also, overlap the objects a bit, its useful to fix gaps in walls, et cetera...
Also, if you use the second tarmac you can then outline it with white lines, this is the way to make thin lines in TE, but its very manual, pixel per pixel...
My advice is - why not use other tools like SnakeDitor or paiting apps like Photoshop, Paint(Xp Version) or GIMP. For example in the WIP thread I made 84 Estoril and Jerez 86 layouts with Photoshop.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I use only, besides the default editor, SnakeDitor and Paint (Vista version, you can "undo" more times than XP version, and you can zoom more). i dont like to use Photoshop or GIMP for tracks, but i may surprise myself one day, but seriously, i am planning a to make TE-only track, maybe its harder to make a very beautiful and smooth track this way, but its 100% possible to do.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I saw that coming, because I know my attempt is really rotten. I don't like using SnakEditor. It's too complicated for me! Just want to make a simple, fine track, and it just makes it difficult. It may be easy for other people, but not for me.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

bruno_arnason wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I saw that coming, because I know my attempt is really rotten. I don't like using SnakEditor. It's too complicated for me! Just want to make a simple, fine track, and it just makes it difficult. It may be easy for other people, but not for me.
At first glance I also tought that SnakeDitor was complicated, but I got used to it. Believe me you'll get used to it one day.
You can use other tools for making perfect tracks - MS Paint, GIMP and Photoshop are also useful for making quality tracks.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports