[tpk] [oth] Emil's GRAquarelles Pack

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] [oth] Emil's GRAquarelles Pack

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hi, people :hattip: Here I am introducing you a somewhat new approach to GeneRally trackmaking, something highly experimental :witch:

When Kikwik was posting his drawn tracks, I got an idea about painting tracks. Since then it has been my objective to create a track by painting.

Also, when I saw abstract-styled tracks being posted, few by myself also, it started to bug me that they weren't completely abstract. You were still able to see something on them on an overall level; a city, a jungle, a desert, etc.. And they could be categorized as a rally or a street course or a circuit... So, I wanted to try to create something that represents absolutely nothing.

I were stuck with these objectives for some time. I had no idea how to move on to complete them. Then on one day I realized that I could complete both of these by combining them into one objective. Thus I ended up painting abstract aquarelles on my notebook, which I then transformed into GR tracks :artist:

There are 5 different tracks based on 3 different aquarelles in this pack. I made the aquarelles so that I first painted a base using coffee and after that I painted on top of it using water colours. Landmaps of Aquarelles 5A and 5B were made so that I ripped the page, on which Aquarelle 5 was painted, so that the page was divided into two parts. In Aquarelle 5A the right side of that page is turned up and in Aquarelle 5B the left side of that page is turned up.

These tracks have very little objects, only road cones and lights to mark the apexes of corners and start/finish line. I thought that adding objects to these tracks would have destroyed the complete abstractness to which I was aiming.

This pack includes following tracks, which were named in a way that is similar to some of the names of Mark Rothko's paintings:
  • Aquarelle 1 (Grey, Black on Green on Brown)
    Aquarelle 2 (Black on Brown on Green)
    Aquarelle 5 (Grey, Black on Brown on Green)
    Aquarelle 5A (Grey, Black on Brown on Green, right side of the page turned up)
    Aquarelle 5B (Grey, Black on Brown on Green, left side of the page turned up)
AI lines have been designed for General.

The pack also includes pictures, which show the layouts of the tracks. Other way to find out the layouts is by following AIs.

I know these might look very weird at the first sight, but if you give them several tries, several days, they might start to look better in your eyes. Even I myself thought that they look weird, when I saw them in GeneRally at the first time, but once I got used to them they started to look much better. By now I really like the looks of them.

Well, you can say that I have gone real crazy, but I don't care. I just wanted to do something that is far away from the normal trackmaking. But I hope that there will more than one guy who will like them, and that there will be many comments :)
Attachments
's GRAquarelles.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Aquarelle_1_n_2.png
Aquarelle_5.png
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [tpk] [oth] Emil's GRAquarelles Pack

Post by TuomoH »

Looks surely interesting. Have to test them still but I really like that people are trying different things. :bg:

Btw, you have to remember that calling GR tracks abstract doesn't mean that they'd be totally abstract in the real sense of that word, it's just a term that has come to describe certain types of tracks. ;)
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Interesting and a bit unusual, but I liked it pretty much
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

I think it´s great to see people trying new things.
There´s still huge potential in Generally. Especially in the field of experimental stuff...
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

An extraordinary "Kiitos!" for picking up where Kikwik left off. I am sure he will be as amazed at your pack as I am and the others are. :hattip:
Scholl wrote:I think it´s great to see people trying new things.
There´s still huge potential in Generally. Especially in the field of experimental stuff...
Indeed there is. This diversity keeps the community vital so therefore I am very thankful to these guys coming up with unique ideas and trying to realize it in a GR work. Apparently art and :gr: trackmaking go rather well together so never give up making more of those, it is worth the effort. :D
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks a lot, Tuomo, bruno_arnason, Scholl and DuklaLiberec for your encouraging comments. I'm very happy to see that you liked this pack :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil