[rwl] [cir] Rudskogen Motorsenter

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Rudskogen Motorsenter

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys. :wave:

My first try to make a tilkedrome. :?

Rudskogen Motorsenter is the oldest permanent track in Norway, it was opened in 1990, then redeveloped and extended 2011 according design by H. Tilke with financial support of Norwegian government.
Track length: 3,254 km (2,022 mi)
Longest straight: 640 m (2100 ft)
Elevation difference: 42 m (138 ft)
Num. of turns: 14 (7 right, 7 left)

Major events: Rudskogen Motorfestival, Gatebil
Enjoy! :)
Attachments
Rudskogen.zip
(97.18 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Rudskogen.jpg
Areen

Re: [rwl] [cir] Rudskogen Motorsenter

Post by Areen »

It really reminds me Maciej1's style of trackmaking, but you have something that Maciej1 doesn't - you take care of details. ;) Lines on the track are superb, this little circuit on top left is fabulous and a pitlane - simply gorgeous. And I really like the fact that you don't use snake editor to make perfect bands and that's the real spirit of generally trackmaking ;)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I second Areen. Track is fantastic!
I've only one question: Did you use Qrpiz'es layout?
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, guys. :)

Comparison with Maciej1 is really a high praise. :bsmile: BTW Although I'd occasionally like here or there something more in a particular of his rwl tracks, I'd say from general PoV they contain really great amount of details considering the amount of covered locations within the time he managed to make them. In case of care about details IMHO he shows the truth depth of his genius in his fictional tracks, I've never made anything as epic as e.g. his large and detailed street tracks.

And to YoNnie, it was original plan, but I almost immediately after comparing it with map switched to make my own layout, because the approach how to convert proportions of rwl layout is very different between Quirpiz and me. :cool:

Some more opinions, ideas or driving feedback, please? :-)
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

This is probably one of the best rwl tracks created for generally, just because it actually feels good to drive it. I personally don't like ws255 tracks so much. I mean, they look good and all, but sometimes they just don't have that generally-ish vibe in them.
As always, top quality track from you. It's practically impossible to find a messy detail or some misplaced object in your tracks :)
Signatures are overrated
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you for so kind comment, Darjo. :) Only detail, this track in fact is 'only' WS225 :shhh:, seemed to me sufficient for a 3,2 km circuit.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Time to eventually put my :2c: into this topic ;)
Darjo wrote:This is probably one of the best rwl tracks created for generally, just because it actually feels good to drive it.
:iagree: Thanks for being generous in its road width :D
Areen wrote:It really reminds me Maciej1's style of trackmaking, but you have something that Maciej1 doesn't - you take care of details. ;)
It didn't end up being a phenomenal eye-candy Maciej is known for though. :P Never mind, you have proven your trackmaking skills once again to us by releasing these topnotch works. I mean, you don't just release these, you serve them on plates whilst we are the food critics.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Fortunately many people around are much more effective in that 'serving' than I'm able to be, otherwise we'd starve to death very soon. :p

Thanks for comment, Dukla. :-) Any more impressions or feedback? :yummy:
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Areen wrote:I really like the fact that you don't use snake editor to make perfect bands and that's the real spirit of generally trackmaking
I agree with Areen..
Darjo wrote:This is probably one of the best rwl tracks created for generally, just because it actually feels good to drive it. I personally don't like ws255 tracks so much. I mean, they look good and all, but sometimes they just don't have that generally-ish vibe in them.
I agree with Darjo.. I think, [rwl] and realistic-designs have predominance for popularity in the ToM. But this track wasn't create realistic, so I really like that way. (Nonetheless, I don't dislike realistic tracks.)

What I want to say is.. GR-style sooo good!

5/5! :bg: Excellent!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, Masa, you're right - real location, large WS and GR-style aren't contradicting to each other. :nod: The best proof of it is your Central Park. :bg: If you can feel something GR-style in this track too, I'm very happy. :goodvibes:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Fantastic job. I agree with everyone that this is one of those circuits that feels more like a GR circuit than a RWL. Beautifully made, races fine. :D
View my archived circuits/cars here
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, Crowella! :hattip: