[rwl] [cir] Circuit de Montlhery

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

[rwl] [cir] Circuit de Montlhery

Post by YoNnie »

Hello!
After very very long time.. I end my Circuit de Montlhery!
I have for you 4 versions: Simple Oval, Oval with chicanes, Oval-Road with chicanes and Oval-Road without chicanes. Enjoy and comment!
Attachments
Montlhery.rar
(221.95 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Montlhery.PNG
Last edited by YoNnie on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL TRACKS
SammieVL

Re: [rwl][cir] Circuit de Montlhery

Post by SammieVL »

Oh emm gee. Looks epic, even though i don't like RWL's normally! Will test right now!

After testing: AMAZING. I love it. Normally RWL's really are flat and boring - this one wasn't. The LMap is gorgeous and i can't remember any of your other tracks very well but if i'm correct they all were pretty crappy (i could be COMPLETELY wrong). I didn't really mean that. I probably recalled this track here. To be honest, that track is pretty bad, and this track is a biiig improvement from it!

I love driving on it, the banking is very cool and it really drives different from the other part of the track. The various versions are pretty funny too. Also, mostly people say that sections full of trees mostly look filled - but i feel like you dosed them just the right way on this track. It all looks very appealing - very good!

What i didn't like is that it's kinda hard to follow the road in the various versions. I mean - the roads in the inner part of the oval are WAY too narrow. Not only that, but it's easy to lose sight of the track, and crash through the roadcones. If it's possible, change them for just walls. People will be able to drive the right way easier (replace them unless the cones are part of the track in real life :bg: ).

Very nice track!

Don't forget to place a space between [rwl] and [cir] in the title! Just edit the title in your first post! ;)
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Really great track YoNnie! Lmap is beatiful, hmap is great too. That oval is awesome. Only thing, what i don´t like is, that the road course seems too narrow, but i understand you, why you did it, because then it may look same wide, as oval, and that may look bad. So, it´s track without any bad thing, so :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: and :tom: nomination :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Wow, I didn't imagine that Montlhery will be so good! Thanks guys for support : )
Wouter, Brands Hatch was my first track (first "really doing") and it was.. one year ago : D. Obviously, thanks for warm words ; )
FRUKIS, yep, track is narrow, but, like you wrote, a had to. I thought that chicanes will be the worst thing (because are very very narrow, but I didn't do it other way), so I'm very very happy :)
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Circuit de Montlhery

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for making the track. :bg:

In general I agree with others - about width, 1 and half of car width isn't really much, probably road course with 2/3 width of oval would still look appropriate. :scratch: And also about lmap and very smooth hmap, well done, Yonnie! :)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Trigger Happy wrote:Thanks for making the track. :bg:
My pleasure :).
Thanks for cooment Ivo, I didn't expect that my track will collect so many "+".
Thanks guys again!
ALL TRACKS
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Nothing more to add to those above really, you've done a great job here, but the width of your roads needs more consideration next time, The lmap detailing on the oval section is top quality :up:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Although that the road course section is somewhat narrow, but I love all the details of the track. And I agree with the un-flat-ness this track has. Definitely what I requested and expected. :bg:
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog