[cir] England

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] England

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hey there, people :)
I've got a new track ready. It's dedicated to future design, my favourite trackmaker. Enough said, I think :cool2:

Here are the formalities: AI line has been designed for original Formula. The zip archive has two tracks, one for normal screen and one for wide screen.

Hope, you'll like it and leave many many comments :yummy:

UPDATE on 17/10 2013: Added snowy version of the track to the zip archive.

PS. Sad news for those, who were waiting for the horse track I showed in WIP thread: A couple of weeks ago hard drive of my computer got broken and it had to be changed, so I lost all things on my computer due to it :( Thus we'll never see that track being ready, and we'll not see a new horse track any time soon, because I have to find enough motivation to start it all over again and it's a big work to start from zero again.
England v1.1.zip
(341.9 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
England.jpg
England Snow.jpg
Last edited by Emil Patanen on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
YoNnie

Re: [cir] England

Post by YoNnie »

Ffffantastic track Emil! Wow, that dithering.. Speechless. I very like kerbs, too. Maybe I don't prefer this tracks a lot, but job is huge and very very good.
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The PoV represents the track well I think. Its layout isn't anything extraordinary but you made the best out of it. Nice Jaguar logo btw. :D
Emil the ZZW wrote: PS. Sad news for those, who were waiting for the horse track I showed in WIP thread: A couple of weeks ago hard drive of my computer got broken and it had to be changed, so I lost all things on my computer due to it :( Thus we'll never see that track being ready, and we'll not see a new horse track any time soon, because I have to find enough motivation to start it all over again and it's a big work to start from zero again.
Got my fingers crossed you will regain your motivation as quickly as possible :bg: At least you helped us to kill off some time by releasing this amazing work.
Areen

Post by Areen »

Track based on very old Denmark ;D It's really superb!
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Actually, you wouldn't by any chance be future design? ;-D
Emil the ZZW wrote:my favourite trackmaker.
Me too. I love his tracks. I remember Zakspped and Cave Creek. :shhh
You are a superb trackmaker like him. :nod:

Anyway,
5+1/5! :bg: you have an excellent skill!
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks a lot for the comments, YoNnie, DuklaLiberec, Areen and MASA. I'm very glad that you like it so much :goodvibes:
MASA wrote:I remember Zakspped and Cave Creek. :shhh
Those are also my favourite ones of his tracks. We seem to have the same taste :D

BTW I have updated the zip in first post to have a snowy version of the track also. I did this to celebrate the situation that we got first bits of great snow here in Raahe today morning. Even though the snow melted already, I'm very very very happy that I saw even a little bit this lovely white thing today cheerleader: It was way too long time ago, when it snowed last time (that was on May 1st).
Latest releases:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Emil the ZZW wrote:BTW I have updated the zip in first post to have a snowy version of the track also. I did this to celebrate the situation that we got first bits of great snow here in Raahe today morning. Even though the snow melted already, I'm very very very happy that I saw even a little bit this lovely white thing today cheerleader: It was way too long time ago, when it snowed last time (that was on May 1st).
We too got our first snow down here in Jyväskylä today, it's been snowing/raining all day. There still is plenty of it, but the snow is so wet you really don't want to go out :mrgreen:

Anyway, if someone told this track was made by future design, I would agree without any doubts. A great imitation of his style. This kind of hmap makes the track quite challenging to drive, in particular I like the middle part of the track.
I don't really like the dithering though, I would've used less tarmac. Top-right area looks very idyllic :goodvibes:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comment, Aleksi. Nice to hear your opinion also :)
Latest releases:
boomwagon

Post by boomwagon »

good job fella. Just noticed the subtle switch to yellow & red apex kerbs for the winter season for better visibility. Wonderful detail!
My Tracks: Van City Moncour
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Perfect track...nothing more to say.
That´s probably the best you can do with the possibilities the game gives us.
(except for fancy Lmap drawings that are not neccessary in this case.)

5/5!

Ps: I know I posted the exact same comnment to Emils track but this accounts to both of you. ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Scholl wrote:Ps: I know I posted the exact same comnment to Emils track but this accounts to both of you. ;)
They're both Emil's tracks, and they're both fantastic!
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Bouncebackability wrote:
Scholl wrote:Ps: I know I posted the exact same comnment to Emils track but this accounts to both of you. ;)
They're both Emil's tracks, and they're both fantastic!

Hehe. Yeah I confused author and track name...

...I need a coffee and I shouldn´t browse this forum while I´m at work... :yawn:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comments, boomwagon, Scholl and BBA :) Always glad to hear many people liking what I've done.
Latest releases:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Although it is nice that you dedicated this track to future design I think you should rather try to explore your own style more.
I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean, just look at most of your tracks ;).
This is not bad track but big part of me wants it to be made by future design and not you. I really miss his tracks though :D.
This would be 5/5 track from the technique part but the imitation went too far imo.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'd not agree, Dan. If the ambition would be to be inspired, then yes, went too far. If to imitate, then it's IMHO OK. But I'd rather say it's too similar to Emil's previous such try, like having identical source, but future design's style was bit more rich. Still, 5/5, no doubt. :)
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks to both of you, Dan and Trigger Happy, for leaving your comments :) I think that it's good that you said honestly how you feel, Dan.
Mad Dan wrote:I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean, just look at most of your tracks ;).
Although I think I understand what you mean in general, I would still be happier if you could describe more precisely what you wanted to say with that "most of your tracks" part. I think it would be more helpful you did so ;)
Latest releases:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I mean, you are trackmaster so you obviously have skills to make great tracks and I kind of have this feeling you were maybe mainly inspired quite often lately ;). I just wanted to encourage you to try to find something distinctive if you can and I'm sure you can :). Sorry I didn't choose right words :).
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Mad Dan wrote:you were maybe mainly inspired quite often lately
Well, I indeed have lately released tracks, on which have taken more or less impact from others' tracks, more often than normally. And by normal I refer to how I released these ordinary tracks in 2011. Back then I mostly released tracks that were very much following my own styles and only sometimes released tracks that were affected by others. The reason why I am declaring that year as a normal trackmaking time for myself is that after making Tarkus I felt that I were struggling heavily every time I tried to make an ordinary track and I had lack of motivation at that time (with an exception at the time of release of GR v1.20). In the 18 months between Tarkus and Maorgarnn I managed to release only 2 ordinary cirs and 1 stc that were made fully by me :shock: and two cirs that were WIPs abandoned by Sergey and Pahkasika, and even in the latter case most of the work was done in Summer 2011!

Although I did struggle with trackmaking for quite a long time, it didn't mean that I would have got less ideas for tracks at that time. I just weren't able realise most of them. Now when I have again got in a good flow in trackmaking I'm first trying to realise the ideas that I got in those harder times, the ones that I still remember from that time. For these kind of tracks that take more or less impact from others' tracks I usually get ideas, when I'm racing on tracks that I like. And for those tracks that follow mainly my own styles I get ideas, when I'm spending time outside GeneRally. I obviously remember better those ideas that come, when I'm racing on tracks, on which I race regularly, than those ideas that come from something that I maybe see only once or come out from nothing, so that there's nothing that would later remind about the thing that gave me the idea. I first want to realise more these ideas that have stayed a long time in my mind and after that move on more with newer ideas. That's why I have made what I have made lately.

So, Allen Park, England and Marianne, these all have been based on ideas that have been on my mind for a longer time. Also making of Irungattukottai has been in my mind for over 1,5 years already. And I have an idea of making something inspired by A&D's Japparee and Dragon's Mixon, but that kind of track leaves a lot room for very own solutions. I also might have someting else in my mind, which I don't remember just now. But I'm sure that I will end going more towards tracks that are made very much in my own styles once I've got my mind enough empty of these older ideas, so that there's more room for new ones to step in :)

Well, that ended up being quite a long message. I maybe got a bit too excited about analysing my trackmaking :D This wasn't actually aimed to you Dan, although I quoted you here, but more to anybody who might be interested in reading what has leaded me into making what I have made lately. I hope that at least someone was interested in reading what I wrote. I surely would be interested to read some deeper analysis from those, who have already made tracks for a little longer time, about their trackmaking, trackmaking history, why they are making what they are making and so on... like, for example, Tuomo once did here :)

I hope that there isn't too much writing/grammar mistakes, I'm too lazy to read through this now and I really should go to sleep.

PS. One interesting fact to the end: when I released Tarkus, I really, really thought that it would be my last track. I had lack of motivation and struggled already when making it. It felt so difficult to make at some phases that I thought I would quit after getting that track released. Well, in the reality it didn't go quite that way...
Latest releases: