[rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

[rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Post by YoNnie »

Hello!
In the New Year 2014 I present you my newest track: Zeltweg Airfield!
After quite nice trackmaking year for me, 2013, I (and you too) start the new year with new track. It's small anniversary for me - a year ago I uploaded Circuit Sudschleife, and it was my first track nominated to Track of Month. So I decided to give you my newest effort not in December, but in January (I had already finished Zeltweg in December). I hope it'll give me good start to the new trackmaking year - 2014.
I hope you'll like it and you'll comment it :)
I must say "thank you" to BBA and Trigger Happy - you helped me a lot with giving me helpful tips and with testing my track. Also I can't forget about pictures and film from the BBA. Thank you guys again!
Attachments
Zeltweg.PNG
Zeltweg.rar
(59.64 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
ALL TRACKS
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Post by Scholl »

I don´t know what the track looks (looked) like in reality.
That´s why it´s hard for me to generate an opinion.

Just by looking at it, it looks a bit naked. The dittering on the track is nice but not very varied.
Only hay bales as tracklimits also look a bit dull, even if that´s the way it is in reality.

The Lmap Objects are cool, but some of them are a bit out of perspective, like the red bus on the left hand side and the flag poles.
The dittering on the grass/lawn areas could be more detailed. Also the spectators are placed too evenly.
You could place more people close to the track and scatter them more the father away from the track you go.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thank you Scholl for comment so much!
First, track is naked, because was naked in the real life. Simple :)
The dithering I made "sparingly" - it was intended by me. Yeah, this red bus (it was to be the fire truck :D ) wasn't so cool, but.. I don't know why, that was a little hard do it right to me.
Thank you again! Someone else want comment it?
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It's simple, but really nice ;) Dithering is on top quality, that hay bales suit there very well. One of your top works YoNnie :bg: Really enjoyed driving here with old formulas. :up:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Nice job, YoNnie!
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks for comments, FRUKIS and Clutch! I'm happy that you like it :)
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Overall I like the track, I'm mentioning only few details, which I'm missing here:
some s/f line and grid;
some vegetation, couple of bushes or stones and some more could be in top-right, including trees and wooden fences (basically there's edge of near village);
like Scholl mentioned, flag poles have odd perspective, especially in top-left (try to place a light over them);
the hay bales - at one spot, 'a runoff', are not interrupted by gaps, I'd guess similar solution was used for more sections outside turns;
more bumps in hmap.

4,5/5 :bg: