Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
The Grimeloid

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by The Grimeloid »

After GRIIRL and Mini Time Attack Championship 2013, I will retire from championships
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Back from vacation - back to business :)
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

I felt an utterly out-of-the-blue, unexpected, cold and devastating breakup on Wednesday... We were together with my girlfriend for way over 3 years, there had been better and worse times, moments of happiness and desperation, but we were able to overcome those... even if it was far, far from easy at times. I grew up very much by her, mentally, so this feels really horrible.
She had had personal issues, but still couldn't expect this at all... Life sucks, sometimes big time.

I don't know even what to feel now. I have no idea about how active/motivated I will be about things, like GR, or others.
Still, this community gives me hope since there's so many nice and smart people on here. I'd like to thank a few persons
from here, if they are reading this I think they know who do I mean.
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

This song helped me through every breakup so far...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

Keep your head up! s**t happens.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Krisu wrote: Still, this community gives me hope since there's so many nice and smart people on here.
Very true. :bsmile: I hope you can reconcile with her again someday and best luck for your future ;)
cocney

Post by cocney »

From today I am high school student. My school is in Zagreb and I have to travel to it by train every day. That means getting up in 5:45 to come to school before 8 and coming home around 16:00. That sucks! So... I won't have enough time for trackmaking and other funny things with Generally. :( :weep: :worried:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ok, so I also moved for university and as I have no internet in my flat yet, I'm not always online during the week (still checking / "lurking carefully" ;) ). At the weekends I'll be available... :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I will be off to England from 30/9 to 5/10.
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

My video card has exploded and my GR does not work well. Nor Minecraft, Need fo speed, and other games I work, so do not know when will be here. I'm as you have another computer, or another board and video, or any other thing you can play GR, I'll start from scratch with all my projects, downloads of tracks, cars, and whatever serves to GR. :bsmile:

Please send me the programs (updates too) or the download links of programs by e-mail, so I do not miss any update or new program! :shy:

Someday the volvere to see here guys! :3
Sorry for my bad english!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, folks, I've decided to take a sabbatical from GeneRally. There are a few reasons for this, the primary one being a simple lack of interest. On top of that, now I am at University, I have very little time spare, and I'm not 100% convinced with the direction GR2.0 is heading in. This isn't a retirement yet, but I will be reassessing my position in January, if I haven't done so already. It may be I return to active participation (and not just moderating the car subforum) in a couple of weeks; or it may be that I retire for good in January. One thing is certain though: I won't leave without saying goodbye!
cocney

Post by cocney »

A lot of luck at University ;) ! We'll be waiting for you! I hope you will continue your activity in January.
Last edited by cocney on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Luke, as cocney said, good luck with the Uni and we'll be waiting for you. :bg:
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

The best of luck to you and your studies :) Simply go by what you feel, with GR and other things in life :bg:
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Good luck Luke :bg: you will need it :D
but i hope, that you won't need it ;)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Going on vacation in London this weekend :goal:
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

WouterVL wrote:Going on vacation in London this weekend :goal:
I've been there last week during my England trip. :cool:
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Was it nice? I've never been to London before, so i'm asking :)
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Indeed it was, especially if you get to see Tower Bridge and the Palace of Westminster at night :yummy: Pity my visit here was merely a daytrip though. :|
cocney

Post by cocney »

I'm going to Venice and Gardaland this tomorrow and I don't know what to expect? I'm afraid of heights and feel very unpleseant at high speeds... Not the best combination.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, I've unequivocally had enough now. I cannot support the direction GeneRally is going in, and I cannot support the way anyone who disagrees with this direction is charged with being a "hater" or "ungrateful". I also cannot support the way that people at the very top of this game are acting in an arrogant manner towards their customers, and how people at the top of this forum (yes, Trigger Happy, this is aimed at you) seem to get off on threatening people and being abusive. So, my position here has become untenable. As of now, I am retiring from all GeneRally activities, resigning my moderator role, and will be retiring from the forum in the next couple of days. It's a shame it had to end this way; I've come a long way in the 7 years or so that I've been a member of the community, but a decision I've been toying with for months has now essentially been forced upon me.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If you consider an advice to lift up from throttle a bit in discussion as threatening and being abusive, it's your choice, which I respect and can only regret. In any case thanks for your work as Cars moderator.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I consider utter rubbish such as "Your posts more and more remind me a hater than a person interested in constructive discussion and I'd appreciate, if you'd be able to move backk within its borders (without any need me to take an action)." being highly abusive. Particularly when you don't bother to read what people actually say, and just make it up as you go along.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think it's fair to quote whole the post and not just lift conclusion out of context. So here it is. Otherwise I see nothing else to add than to repeat, it's your choice, which I respect and can only regret.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Guys. You two have different opinions. Is this really needed to end it like this? :( Guys. Just say sorry, shake your hands and go on. :shaking: You were here for a LOOONG time. I though, that we are all each other friends here. ;)
Correct me, if I'm wrong :ill:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, I don't know what to say, Luke. :shrug: Please, take a week or month away from GR if you need it, and come back, with your head cool. It doesn't have to all end in flames. :ouch: