Ideas for inovating forun

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
FRUKIScze

Ideas for inovating forun

Post by FRUKIScze »

Hello.

I think,.that this is good idea. I know, that admins here have some other things to do, but still...

I have an idea, which can improve this forum. It's something like metioning on twitter. If you want to mention someone in post like Kaiserkoenig did here. He put @ and then he wrote a nickname of forum member. And if somebody mention you, then will pop out a mesaage, when you join forum, like it do, when somebody write you a Private Message.. I think, that this can improve forum, especially Joint Efforts ;) What do you say @TuomoH & @Trigger_Happy
oh, when writting Trigger Happy's name i managed, that someone's names have space between. It can be replaced with "down dash?" just like i did in his name
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Ideas for inovating forun

Post by XYY »

Hmm, I think I'm too old for it :sweatdrop: Usually I check out all topics in which I write anyway, and if someone posts something related to me at a different place and expects an answer, he can still send me a PM.

But maybe I'm not a fan of these #hashtags and @username things, and many others will like it ;)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

XYY wrote:But maybe I'm not a fan of these #hashtags and @username things, and many others will like it ;)
Yeah, I want to open a discussion opened for EVERYBODY, not only for moderators, and admins ;)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Firstly, I'm not sure by sense of it. IMHO people are leaving a message in thread for somebody, only when they reasonably expect he's going to read the thread sooner or later, for all other cases use PM.

Secondly, to be frank, I have no clue, how I could do this.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

FRUKIScze wrote:
XYY wrote:But maybe I'm not a fan of these #hashtags and @username things, and many others will like it ;)
Yeah, I want to open a discussion opened for EVERYBODY, not only for moderators, and admins ;)
Fair point :D I always try to be a mod only when it's neccessary, and a normal user for the rest of the time ;)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

You have to be right Ivo.

It was just an idea :)
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

An idea: maybe a mobile version for the forum? there must be some templates for the phpbb engine.
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

If you are using android device, download and use opera/opera mini. I am using opera mini and it's just delicious :yummy:
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

I use nokia e72 with opera. But I sometimes see the forum with another mobiles, with bigger screen and resolution, but the links to the topics are always very small. Thats why I said that a mobile template for mobile devices would be good. (there must be a link to the desktop version in the bottom to the users who dont want the mobile version :)
My Tracks & Cars
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Areen

Post by Areen »

We have a mobile style on our forum but for me it kinda sucks...
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I too wouldn't mind having a mobile version of this forum. I visit this site quite a lot on my phone so it'd be easier to load up since my train trip has a really slow mobile connection. :)
View my archived circuits/cars here
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Areen wrote:We have a mobile style on our forum but for me it kinda sucks...
Maybe if you edit the theme to match with the original style would be much better. :)
My Tracks & Cars

Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Actually, as a beginner user of an Android browser, I am not that much bothered by checking the man-sized forum.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

Herbal wrote:Actually, as a beginner user of an Android browser, I am not that much bothered by checking the man-sized forum.
:iagree:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I am a bit late to the party, but as far as these hashtags/usernames things are concerned, I second Robert's and Ivo's comment. Side note: it was not until they posted when I finally understand what you suggested, not least because of the spelling & grammar mistakes you made. *Grammar-SS alert*
puttz wrote:
Herbal wrote:Actually, as a beginner user of an Android browser, I am not that much bothered by checking the man-sized forum.
:iagree:
Same here.