GeneRally Awards List

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Buka

GeneRally Awards List

Post by Buka »

GeneRally Awards were special signs at RaceSimCentral that a guy had made something really great - brilliant tracks, good cars or even more. One of the oldest and most important member of the community TuomoH says:
The very first awards were given on basis of a voting by the most respectable forum members, back in 2002 or 2003. Afterwards, it's been a mod team discussing who'd be suitable for an award, so that we've reached consensus. We've been paying attention to what forum members think, and for example looking at ToM statistics and stuff like that. Furthermore, one can't get an award just on basis of a few good tracks, for example, but needs to consistently produce top quality stuff. Or push the limits of GR in some way. Also, inactive members haven't received awards, so there might be some obvious omissions - somebody who produced great tracks during a relatively short period, didn't get an award on the next round and didn't publish any more tracks most likely wouldn't get an award later either.

Finally, it's not just about the quality of work but behavior as well - bad attitude and wrong-doings mean that one doesn't get an award or might even lose it, but it doesn't mean that one loses the possibility forever - just keep on working on that quality stuff and change one's attitude and everything is possible.
- registered members on this forum are shown in bold green, new names are in brackets, edited by DXTR -

GeneRally Trackmasters

Hova
Dan Belcher
TuomoH
Tedminator
Soltys
K3rmiT
GPR
Gnome
Siki
nielske
JamesF1 (James)
vira lata
Kid A
sgoodwin
Canadiens1160
Pahkasika
JimmymetaL (Jimmy)
Kory Miller
LWing
Crowella
Mikey B
Gábor Kozma
Piet
Aeon
Naufr4g0
Gr8player (JaK_GR)
Markus Möller
Black Rebel
onder
Tizio
Qurpiz
MiltonDuPont (Andrea Tibiletti)
GRB
Garbre
Andreas Hultgren
DiSi! (Darjo)
Flaming_Wuzzle
aleksinir
Bouncebackability
egamad
Emil Patanen
Dragon
Mad Dan
Areen
Otto Wilson
Scholl
Trigger Happy
CamrosX
XYY
sartalas
AeroWiewiur

GeneRally Carmasters

Pongo
Mebiko
J4ber (TheZkip)
Jerrec (Jerac)
Fechna
Mariusz
Genetleman
Haruna Say
Doorslammer
Krisu
Lukeno94
Marcinho
Herbal

GeneRally Wizards

RFNagel (Rich Nagel)
Juan
Bendito
Strava
Curveo
jo.sk
GeorgM
majortom
Crono
mlynki
LongBow
Ms... (MASA)
Maciej1
The lost Ninja

Re: GeneRally Awards List

Post by The lost Ninja »

I'm missing MajorTom in the GeneRally wizards list!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Ah yes, the exclusive list of the elite few, the one I will never join.

Bet you good that the Ex-RSC Staff still hold a grudge against me.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Raska

Post by Raska »

Haruna Say wrote:Ah yes, the exclusive list of the elite few, the one I will never join.
Neither will I. But in fact, your name was mentioned for the carmaker's award.. so you are way closer to it than me.
What's sure is that the awards are hard to have (it's the purpose) and recognize an huge contribution to the community. The list could be way longer (and so less prestigious) and sometimes the members stop working just before having it but the contrary (they leave just after having it) is also unfortunately true.
Haruna Say wrote:Bet you good that the Ex-RSC Staff still hold a grudge against me.
I don't think so... Or, at least, I've nothing against you, ME-tan. ;) BTW you are more than welcome if you want to join the ToM S7.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Raska wrote:
Haruna Say wrote:Bet you good that the Ex-RSC Staff still hold a grudge against me.
I don't think so... Or, at least, I've nothing against you, ME-tan. ;) BTW you are more than welcome if you want to join the ToM S7.
I've got nothing against you, either... :)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

James Burgess wrote:
Raska wrote:
I've got nothing against you, either... :)
That's what you are saying with that funny smile... :ugeek:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Haruna Say wrote:Ah yes, the exclusive list of the elite few, the one I will never join.

Bet you good that the Ex-RSC Staff still hold a grudge against me.
Stop being silly. I put your name forward for a new Car Master badge in the Mods-Only section.

And TGF, please DON'T try and stir things up. I know it's a joke, but some may not take it that way. ;)
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Lukeno1 wrote:
And TGF, please DON'T try and stir things up. I know it's a joke, but some may not take it that way. ;)
Strange, Just like in RSC-days, I smell some sort of quarrel between Lukeno1 & TGF.
I sincerely hope it's not gonna escalate like on RSC, where one of them was banned for a while.
I must say that TGF's got a very specific sense of "humor", which is not easily understood by all of us.
Therefore, I'd like to ask TGF:
Please take it easy, watch your words, and let's keep this a friendly place.
I don't have anything against you, it's just that some people could be easily offended by your words, even if you didn't want to do so.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I can't resist to say this:

I want my trackmaster award! ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:... Also, inactive members haven't received awards, so there might be some obvious omissions - somebody who produced great tracks during a relatively short period, didn't get an award on the next round and didn't publish any more tracks most likely wouldn't get an award later either. ...
So keep trackmaking. :hiya:

BTW welcome. :bg:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

AleksiNir wrote:I can't resist to say this:

I want my trackmaster award! ;)
That reminded me of the fact that if someone kept asking for an award for himself, it usually made it harder for him to actually get it. ;)

Nice to see you here, Aleksi. :)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

TuomoH wrote: That reminded me of the fact that if someone kept asking for an award for himself, it usually made it harder for him to actually get it. ;)
:oopstable:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I think you deseve that award anyway, even if it was only for your AI-lines!!
:champa:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Finally we have new ranks for the masters, I hope more and more from them will return to us. ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

now we need new awards for some poeple :D after more than year without no new
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

DXTR wrote:Finally we have new ranks for the masters, I hope more and more from them will return to us. ^^
Any way to put somekind of picture beside of just text? Or at least put text in bold and in color to see it well, though, picture would be best :D
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

The Great Falcon wrote:
DXTR wrote:Finally we have new ranks for the masters, I hope more and more from them will return to us. ^^
Any way to put somekind of picture beside of just text? Or at least put text in bold and in color to see it well, though, picture would be best :D
Yes, I know, pictures would be the best, but then, I don't have the original bars, the best would be if we could recover and upload them...
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

DXTR wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:
Yes, I know, pictures would be the best, but then, I don't have the original bars, the best would be if we could recover and upload them...
Ya' could do some and we'd vote for the best one :up:
Zero

Post by Zero »

Andreas Hultgren = AndHu?

And does someone know how to contact MiltonDuPont, Gábor Kozma and 007?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Milton Du Pont knows about our forum (as far as I know it from a post at GRITA), but he haven't registered.

Gabor Kozma knows too, but haven't found time to register, for direct contact try to PM to DXTR.

007 is registered under name Otto Wilson.

Andreas Hultgren = AndHu, he was informed and invited too, however he isn't registered here. He is one of leaders of racedepartment.com, so you can try to contact him there.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Thanks ;).. now i must contact them.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Have you ever thought of expanding the Awards (I mean category-wise)?

You know, some memebers of the community are into trackmaking, some love creating cars, and others focus on racing and compo organizing. Now, the most influential trackmakers and carmakers are given an Award (not to mention the Wizards) but the best drivers are not recognized by this way.

I think of those racers who spend hours and hours practicing for a race, working out strategies, and do this for years, maybe from the very first steps of the scene. This may be also true for compo organizers!
They do push the limits: they set up new track records, use the best tracks and cars, give feedback on them, give motivation to other drivers by their excellent racing/organizing skills, this way they are just as important members of the community as those who actually produce something excellent, a track, a car or an app.

So trackmakers have ToM and Trackmaster Award, Carmakers have CoM and Carmaster Award - maybe the few extremely good racers or compo organizers also deserve an Award as well, Generally Champion or something like that. Evidently, a great driver may also be a Trackmaster or something else, but what about those who are involved in racing only?

I don't know if this idea had been discussed previously or not, but I miss the infuential drivers from the Awards list. What do you think?
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, I would like to. But it's little bit complicated, even if we're trying to find a solution. :shrug:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

When it was previously discussed at RSC it came up that GWR is actually what the awards are for track and car makers. Just one thought. ;)
akouk

Post by akouk »

There's a difference: GWR is driver's ability, while the Awards are people choice.