Aussie V8 Supercars 2014 by Herbal [cpk] [ser] [tou]

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Aussie V8 Supercars 2014 by Herbal [cpk] [ser] [tou]

Post by Herbal »

There you go with the following carpack of mine, let's go then down under, to Australia! As you can see, here are all five shapes included, which take part in the competition: Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore, Mercedes-Benz AMG E63, Nissan Altima and Volvo S60. The models fit into the new model scheme, and have new physics based on Haruna's physic suggestions released somewhere on the forum.

As so far, a drivers list and non-painted models are also included in the pack. Enjoy!
Attachments
AussieV8.png
Aussie V8 by Herbal.zip
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
YoNnie

Re: Aussie V8 Supercars 2014 by Herbal [cpk] [ser] [tou]

Post by YoNnie »

They looks fantastic, I can recognize avery of them. I downloaded it, if I won't forget I'll write how driveability is good (or bad).
ALL TRACKS
puttz

Post by puttz »

Very nice. Certainly puts my versions to shame, well done. I guess there's really no need for me to update my 2013 pack now with 2014 schemes or slight model adjustments. :P When I get a chance I'll have to take them for a spin. These will certainly be under consideration for V8SC 4.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Thanks guys for the comments!
puttz wrote:Very nice. Certainly puts my versions to shame, well done. I guess there's really no need for me to update my 2013 pack now with 2014 schemes or slight model adjustments. :P When I get a chance I'll have to take them for a spin. These will certainly be under consideration for V8SC 4.
I'm glad you like my work, but please work on this year's cars, too, we have too few released cars in this section already. If you wish to use my cars to V8SC, go ahead, I'm definitely going to grant it! :bg:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

Well, my thing would be that I'll be basically putting out the exact same cars as last year with some minor tweaks and new schemes. I guess maybe the updated 2014 schemes might be worth putting out my pack, but if you are going to do it I'm not really sure I have a reason to :D Since I know people will likely prefer your cars over mine since yours look much nicer and closer to the real thing.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
maclape

Post by maclape »

I love this series soooo much (currently the best touring car series out there since DTM doesn't really fit the bill based on car specs) and i'm loving this pack so far

Physics are spot on IMO: heavy cars which require some feel to slow down/get them into slow speed corners but are beasts once you get them to a fairly long straight (in GR terms). We only need a compo organizer now ;)

Excuse me while i go give it some jandal at Pukekohe with Scotty's Volvo :drive:
puttz

Post by puttz »

maclape wrote:We only need a compo organizer now ;)
:wave:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

As I promised, I downloaded and drove it.. Fantasting thing is that car drives different on the tarmac and grass. But I thinking why they are so grippy? I know they have massive spoilers and all but I think they would make some glides or something.. However driving isn't very easy because they aren't very helicity.. And I like it a lot!
ALL TRACKS
puttz

Post by puttz »

After testing the physics, I have to say they are very enjoyable for the most. However (this is just personal preference), I don't like physics that make it very difficult to get back on track if you go off or are bumped off. Yes, that may be more realistic, but it is a good deal easier to go off in a game like this than in a full-blown sim (either that or I just suck at driving :D ) A small penalty, yes, but with physics like that a fairly little mistake can basically take you out of a race. Again, just my opinion. :roll:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff