[cir] Spockerino - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Spockerino - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Post by Darjo »

Greetings my brethren :hattip:
Since Aleksi came to Italy for some time (best friends forever <3) we decided to make a track to honor the good ol times. We started this track cos we wanted to try streaming while trackmaking to try something different. Sadly that didn't work out because of my sub-par internet connection that made the stream really laggy. After we stopped streaming I guess we had an inspiration rush and we finished the track quickly.

The track is optimized for 4:3 resolutions and Formula.

Have fun, praise and criticism are welcome
:pumpkin:
Attachments
Spockerino.zip
(73.92 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
cshot0007.png
Signatures are overrated
NicolasP

Re: [cir] Spockerino - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Post by NicolasP »

Nice track Darjo, my favourite parts are the WWF and Martini logos, the football field and the layout :bg:
5/5 ,Darjo and Aleksi, keep doing more good tracks. This deserve a :tom: nomination. :yummy:
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Wonderful track guys! :wow: Everything is great: the textures are stunning, the layout is simple but effective and hmap makes it challenging. This track looks like a mix of Akanthos and Japparee, what was the idea behind this style and this landscape? :scratch:
One of the most beautiful tracks from you guys. 5/5 :bowdown:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Np2003 wrote:my favourite parts are the WWF and Martini logos
Funnily enough these two things ruin the circuit in my view. other than that its a great looking circuit and simple layout :love:
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Thanks for the comments :pumpkin:

We did a challenge where we both had one hour to edit the track however we wanted. We did it simultaneously and the results are quite different. One of the tracks is made by Aleksi and one by Darjo, you can vote which one you prefer. We'll reveal later who did which version :misch: If anybody thinks they can do better than us at this challenge, you can try it out and post it here. But remember, only 1 hour, no cheaterino ;)

http://strawpoll.me/2024130
Attachments
Cateri.jpg
spockeridog.jpg
Cateroni and Spockeridog.zip
(155.79 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Signatures are overrated
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

It's visually very great track, but it would be better without that WWF logo. Layout is also quite nice, but I think that both of those later tracks are funnier to drive on, especially Cateroni, which I voted in the poll :)
Darjo wrote:If anybody thinks they can do better than us at this challenge, you can try it out and post it here. But remember, only 1 hour, no cheaterino ;)
I've got to try that :pumpkin: I'll start to work on it immediately after this post.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

It took about 10 minutes more than an hour to get it ready, then it took quite a lot of time to get it uploaded here, because of slow internet connection.

My version has two layouts: an oval and a circuit.

I wish the time would have been 1 hour and 30 minutes, not 1 hour, to have some more time to edit also the landscape. Also, I didn't have time to test the AI line at all :worried:
Attachments
Spockemil.zip
(140.29 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Spockemil.jpg
Spockemil Oval.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
ACM

Post by ACM »

Cateri is more aesthetically pleasing to look at, but SpockeriDog is the more thrilling track to drive...once you get the rhythm down.

Spockemil's elongated chicane sequence is a b*****d — there is no good run through it. I liken it to Big Foot from the F-Zero X Expansion Kit. The oval is an oval, so nothing spectacular here — although this one is made treacherous by the inner barriers.

By comparison Spockerino is just boring.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I just hate the WWF logo. Not because it looks bad, it's because I don't like WWF (I hate those pandas).

But, hey, it's an awesome track, don't get me wrong.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Nice work Emil :clap: That chicane is actually very interesting to drive through.
Dragon wrote:what was the idea behind this style and this landscape?
I don't think there was any particular idea, we just kinda went with what felt good as we progressed through the trackmaking process :D I think we just used plenty of things that we've found to look good in some earlier tracks which is why it looks like Akanthos or Japparee in some parts.

I expected the logos to cause some controversy, for me they are maybe the best single thing on the track :) Although I find it strange that someone would dislike an organization such as WWF :eyes:

Seems like I, as the author of Spockeridog, lost the poll, and now I owe Darjo a foot massage as a part of our bet :scared:

Any other comments? :please:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Next to the original I like most the Aleksi's update, just the hmap in the section is a little bit too bumpy.

Guys, more tracks, please. :yummy: