[cir] Laguna

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Laguna

Post by Dragon »

Hi guys! Here's my newest track: Laguna. :)
It's the longest track I ever made, it has 3 layouts and I was inspired by Qurpiz and his beautiful tracks, so I wanted to do something similar but with my style. ;)
I hope you like it, enjoy and please leave a comment! :bg:
Attachments
Laguna.zip
(256.05 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
laguna.png
BRIX

Re: [cir] Laguna

Post by BRIX »

Pleasure to look and to drive on it. Great job! I love it. :goal:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Such beautiful track, many turns, very racing, wow (sorry for the doge reference)

Seriously, this track is awesome
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Oh, this track is really beautiful! Really! Fantastic colours, good dithering - everything is in good quality and there's not much of anything.
But in my opinion the main layout isn't so spirited - well done, but looks bored, only arched turns, no sharp chicanes.
OK, it's main layout, but I like other layouts - they are simply fantastic!
It's only my opinion, just maybe because I like variosus and interesting layouts ;)
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

YoNnie wrote:But in my opinion the main layout isn't so spirited
Maybe because there's quite a lot right-left-right-left driving without multiple same-side turns (split by straights)? :scratch:

Personally I like it a lot. :cool: Great work, Dragon! :up:
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

YoNnie wrote:[...] But in my opinion the main layout isn't so spirited [...]
I like it this way. It makes this track perfect for local PvP races on one keyboard. :drink:

One more time: Great track! :up:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

BRIX wrote:I like it this way. It makes this track perfect for local PvP races on one keyboard. :drink:
Oh yes, for sure! I wrote that from the side of a guy who found in a GR a way where he can make his track projects. So, to be honest (oh, it seemed!) I'm making tracks in GeneRally, because I like inventing tracks - I'm making it under my ideas, not under playability in GR (scary news!).
ALL TRACKS
Areen

Post by Areen »

This track belongs now in my Hall of Fame of all tracks in GeneRally history. Really great job there, you did everything perfectly, every detail is great, positioning of each object is great, you've planned every pixel of this track and u finished it so well, dithering of each corner and piece of tarmac is simply in its place. U've made me jealous!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

I love the layout for racing; it's very easy to find a spot to pass but it's tough to make it stick. You really have to play to your car's strengths here or risk being stuck behind backmarkers.

The AI line however really needs some tightening up, especially around top-mid. The AI should get much closer to the curbing than it does now, and they're too easy to pass around there. In addition, at turn 2 the AI should also start a bit wider so they can enter in earlier and faster.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you so much guys for your comments, I really appreciated them.:hattip:
YoNnie wrote:But in my opinion the main layout isn't so spirited - well done, but looks bored, only arched turns, no sharp chicanes.
Maybe you're right as regards the main layout, it hasn't different types of corners and may be not funny to drive but I really like "esses" sections and long radius corners so my preferences have influenced the main layout . ;)
Areen wrote:This track belongs now in my Hall of Fame of all tracks in GeneRally history. Really great job there, you did everything perfectly, every detail is great, positioning of each object is great, you've planned every pixel of this track and u finished it so well, dithering of each corner and piece of tarmac is simply in its place. U've made me jealous!
Thanks a lot for your kind words because I didn't think to be quite able to make such huge tracks and that's why I often make only small WS tracks but comments like this lead me to want to make other big tracks like this one. :goodvibes:
Haruna wrote:I love the layout for racing; it's very easy to find a spot to pass but it's tough to make it stick. You really have to play to your car's strengths here or risk being stuck behind backmarkers.
You got my idea for this track, perfect comment. :bg:
Haruna wrote:The AI line however really needs some tightening up, especially around top-mid. The AI should get much closer to the curbing than it does now, and they're too easy to pass around there. In addition, at turn 2 the AI should also start a bit wider so they can enter in earlier and faster.
I know that I'm not the best trackmaker as regards AI line therefore I'm sorry but I couldn't do it better. :oops:
Is there any other comment, criticism or gameplay feedback?
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

It's flattering to have one of your own trackmaking idols say your work inspired them.

The track is of the usual Dragon quality. Which means it's pretty damn awesome.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

First of all, I haven't been able to drive this track so my judgment is only based on the picture so take it with a grain of salt.

I don't like being that guy but I don't really like this track. Of course its a quality track made with skill but to me it seems that the track is rushed. Its like you ran out of motivation at some point but "forced" yourself to finish the track.

The layout is in my eyes very generic, it doesn't have anything distinctive and all the corners are pretty much the same in terms of the apex radius. The surroundings are also very similar all around the track and it has too much forests for my taste. You could've had some open areas instead. Also I think there should be more details, in lmap and in objects. The dithering is quite bland, I'm sure you could do better. The way I see dithering, every part of the track should be treated one by one and every area should have more or less unique dithering, while still maintaining a cohesive theme in the whole track. I don't like the kerbs, the line in the middle looks quite awful and they could possibly have been a pixel narrower.

I hope you don't take this comment too rough. You are actually one of my favorites if not the favorite in the current trackmaking scene ;)
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you Qurpiz and Aleksi for your comments. :)
AleksiNir wrote:The layout is in my eyes very generic, it doesn't have anything distinctive and all the corners are pretty much the same in terms of the apex radius. The surroundings are also very similar all around the track and it has too much forests for my taste. You could've had some open areas instead. Also I think there should be more details, in lmap and in objects. The dithering is quite bland, I'm sure you could do better. The way I see dithering, every part of the track should be treated one by one and every area should have more or less unique dithering, while still maintaining a cohesive theme in the whole track. I don't like the kerbs, the line in the middle looks quite awful and they could possibly have been a pixel narrower.

I hope you don't take this comment too rough.
Don't worry! ;) I respect your opinion and I agree with some of your remarks. :) It's always a good thing to receive so detailed comments and constructive criticism. :bg: