[tpk] GR 70 Tour

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

Re: [tpk] GR 70 Tour

Post by puttz »

YoNnie wrote:What doesnt mean Dragon cant do it :)
Oh, I'm not saying he can't. Just pointing out that if he doesn't, there is a version similar to this style that already exists.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
david999

Post by david999 »

Dragon, its a really good idea to make this series of tracks ! :) I tested some of them and i need to say, you made a great job in such a small WS like this. :)

Greets,
Sorry for my spelling, i never learned english.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you david for your comment (I'm sorry for having replied just now).:)

I was racing an ideal championship with my GR 70 Tour's tracks (5 km,1 or 2 pit stops per race and a lot of fun) and I decided to add 2 more rounds at this series. :scratch:
Here they are: La Condamine: a street circuit inspired by Circuit de Monaco.
Wiltshire: a fast circuit inspired by Castle Combe Circuit in England.
Expect other tracks like these in the near future.;)
I hope you like it, enjoy and please leave a comment! :bg:
Attachments
LaCondamine Wiltshire.zip
(90.09 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
LaCondamine.png
Wiltshire.png
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Two more fantastic tracks Dragon, so simple but effective and both were easily recognisable from your inspiration.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you BBA for the comment .:bg: Is there any other comment or suggestion?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I haven't commented on this project before but now for the record, sweet. :bg:
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

(I'm not a big fan of british racetracks but...) Wiltshire is now one of my favorite tracks from all times, and the fast sweeps after the hairpin in A115 are not bad either!

And I feel like LaCondamine should now be my natural replacement for funny races in a monaco-like track. Bye Mondega, thanks for the decade of racing!
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you Tuomo and DownloadCars for your comments, I'm glad you like them.:bg:
Is there any other feedback or idea for my next tracks of this series?
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

Well, someone sugested before F1 tracks and, because of reasons, I'd really like to see a take on Interlagos (I'm not sure how would you work out HMap, and not to repeat with Mini F1, do a take on a single turn or sector of the track?), or non-F1 tracks like Brands Hatch Indy or Le Mans (if you are not committing to do F1 tracks).
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Interlagos is a pretty good shout, ~7 turns, big hmap, would be good!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Watkins Glen, Montreal, and Laguna Seca would be some suggestions from me :D
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

puttz wrote:Watkins Glen, Montreal, and Laguna Seca would be some suggestions from me :D
Oh, Glen and Laguna, those are nice aswell.

And I forgot to mention, I just think that Nordschleife version in WS 70 is just poetry. The most complex of the tracks, well pictured in a banked oval. The paradox and the fidelity of it is pure beauty.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I really would want to see this tracks above. Also Spa would be nice ;)
But the 70's was also the era of British racing, so I think more UK tracks would be nice tribute ;)
ALL TRACKS
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

70's is time of Anderstorp, Kyalami, A1, Hocke, Monza, Zandvoort, SPA, maybe Zolder. For me it will be the best. ;)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

A1 was Österrreich in 70's ;) Also Autodromo Hermanos Rodrigez was important and track where was Argentinian F1 GP ;)
ALL TRACKS
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you guys for your suggestions.:hattip:
DownloadCars wrote:Well, someone sugested before F1 tracks and, because of reasons, I'd really like to see a take on Interlagos (I'm not sure how would you work out HMap, and not to repeat with Mini F1, do a take on a single turn or sector of the track?), or non-F1 tracks like Brands Hatch Indy or Le Mans (if you are not committing to do F1 tracks).
And I forgot to mention, I just think that Nordschleife version in WS 70 is just poetry. The most complex of the tracks, well pictured in a banked oval. The paradox and the fidelity of it is pure beauty.

Interlagos, Brands Hatch Indy and Le Mans are some of the tracks that I would like to do but also Nordschleife is a great challenge. Great idea, thank you. :goodvibes:
Bouncebackability wrote:Interlagos is a pretty good shout, ~7 turns, big hmap, would be good!
I was thinking about something like this (look at the picture below). What do you think about it? :scratch:
puttz wrote:Watkins Glen, Montreal, and Laguna Seca would be some suggestions from me :D
They're fine. Montreal is my choice for a hypothetical canadian's round of this series, as regards Watkins Glen, I was thinking about Nascar's layout and about Laguna Seca, I think the ideal solution is pre 1988's layout.
YoNnie wrote:But the 70's was also the era of British racing, so I think more UK tracks would be nice tribute ;)
Maybe there was a misunderstanding, "70" (in this project) only represents the world size that I use for these tracks and not a certain historical period. ;) You can recommend every type of track (cir, stc, ral, roa, ovl) and from every era as long as it's achievable with WS 70.:bg:
Attachments
interlagos_map.png
interlagos_map.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 8273 times
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Dragon wrote:Maybe there was a misunderstanding, "70" (in this project) only represents the world size that I use for these tracks and not a certain historical period. ;) You can recommend every type of track (cir, stc, ral, roa, ovl) and from every era as long as it's achievable with WS 70.:bg:
Ummm... What doesn't mean you can't make some more British tracks :P
I'd really want download some big number (about 20) of "WS 70" tracks and make some championschips with bots (or my brother if he would want to)
ALL TRACKS
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Don't worry, I'll make some more british tracks because in UK there are many examples of beautiful circuits that I'd like to recreate.:bsmile:
cocney

Post by cocney »

What about a weird version of Grobnik? It will be tricky but I also think it will be interesting.
and as a Croat it would be nice to see it
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Dragon wrote:
Bouncebackability wrote:Interlagos is a pretty good shout, ~7 turns, big hmap, would be good!
I was thinking about something like this (look at the picture below). What do you think about it? :scratch:
IMO, it's hardly Interlagos without some hairpins in the middle... do you have room for at least one?
I like short, simple signatures!
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

Wondering if Dragon is still alive with the projects.
(And despite I like the hairpins, I really approve the layout, it remains of what you see on Sector A when in stands.)
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

cocney wrote:What about a weird version of Grobnik? It will be tricky but I also think it will be interesting.
Thank you for your comment cocney. :bg: It could be a good idea, I'll definitely try to make it. ;)
bduddy wrote:IMO, it's hardly Interlagos without some hairpins in the middle... do you have room for at least one?
It's quite hard to find enough room for hairpins, at least in my thoughts. :shrug:
DownloadCars wrote:Wondering if Dragon is still alive with the projects.
I'm alive with this project, I only didn't have much time for trackmaking in these weeks but there are good news...

...here are two new rounds of GR 70 Tour: Gold Coast and Tonremal. :rocks:
Gold Coast: a street circuit with a tricky chicane inspired by Surfers Paradise Street Circuit in Australia (there is also a version without chicane).
Tonremal: a fast circuit inspired by Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Canada.
I hope you like it, enjoy and please leave a comment! :bg:
Attachments
goldcoast.png
tonremal.png
Gold Coast Tonremal.zip
(122.41 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
cocney

Post by cocney »

Masterpieces! Wonderful! :wow: :bowdown:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I think Gold Coast is better than Tonremal. It has more feeling from the original track. Also you could make at least one more chicane or return at Tonremal - but it's only my opinion and still those tracks are fantastic ;)
ALL TRACKS
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yeah, Tonremal doesn't make me think of Montreal. It's still a nice track, though. I need to update my collection and get some of your more recent tracks :(
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff