[cir] Casilda

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Casilda

Post by Qurpiz »

Thank gods this is done now...

Some thoughts:
-5 layouts
-AI is intended to use the runoffs at the exits
-I really hope there was an object of a parked car. Parking lots would be so much better to do...
-Coming up with a Spanish/Portuguese name is tough. Especially when you don't speak neither.
-Kart track, might or might not be done in the future ;)
Attachments
Casilda.zip
(403.83 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Casilda.jpg
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Casilda

Post by Scholl »

WOW Qurpiz! :bowdown:
I´m really impressed by the level of detail you put into the dithering. The runoff-areas and the surroundings look fantastic.
I looked at you lmaps in paint with very high zoom and it looks absolutely flawless. Every pixel is at the perfect spot and serves a certain reason, really impressive!
The soccer-fields look better than in FIFA 15! :clap:
Layout is also very nice. Clearly 5/5!
Only thing that could be added are sunk-tyres or cones at the apexes. It´s a bit too easy to cut the corners.
You could have also added some hmap-bumps on the kerbs to make cutting harder.
marass

Post by marass »

I can not believe this is not a real-world track :o everything so nicely done, dithering, track itself, surroundings, just EVERYTHING!
I am in love with this track probably, even I do not like rwl tracks much (even this just looks like) but I really like it!
I didn't tested it yet but soon...
:tom: for sure from me
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
reynaldo123

Post by reynaldo123 »

AWESOME!!!!!
1000000/10
:cool: :cool: :bg: :bg: :bg:
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened. We live in a world where everything you know is wrong."

-Alex Mason, CoD Black Ops
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Very good track Qurpiz, the AI is good, i like much the football fields and the layout is a real challenge, this deserves the ToM first place :winner: .
ps. You know that Casilda is a city in Argentina? this track could be located somewhere in the Casilda city :misch:
Bif44

Post by Bif44 »

Qurpiz wrote: -Kart track, might or might not be done in the future ;)
I believe there already is one in that top corner ;)
utopist

Post by utopist »

Brilliant, brilliant track!

I love the attention to detail, its phenomenal! I'd say that my only gripe is the dithering on the track, while its nice to look at, I feel it makes the track look like its be unused and dilapidated. But the surroundings say otherwise, so it feels like as if there's a mismatch.

Apart from that minor detail, its frikkin beautiful. ToM, or even ToY. Crazy good, this one is.
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

AMAZING, simply AMAZING Qurpiz...one of the bests tracks of last times.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

Thanks for the kind words

@Scholl
Didn't do sunk tyres, because you really don't see them in modern day tracks anymore. They work great in GR tracks, yes, but I really wanted to do a plausible track (as in could exist), so no sunk tyres. And I think cones serve that purpose better now.

As for the HMap, no. That s**t scares me more than anything, doing HMap so precise. IIRC Areen had a track back in the old days (talking Track Database days) with just perfect HMap in regards to track limits, which I tried to impliment in my tracks. The result was a mess. You could do it in a smaller WS I guess, but at 255, I don't think the benefits are worth the toil.

@Np2003
I am aware, I came up with the name with my Dart Throwing Method (patent pending), in where I imagine where in the world the track is located, in this case, some dusty location in Latin America. So, Argentina. I go to Google Maps, start hovering around Argentina, and the name Casilda to me seemed like a short, memorable, easily pronounced name. So there. I came up with Wexford, Myangpur, Blackmire, Croville, Pirani and Halwood with this method.
I spent some time with Translate to come up with a Spanish or Portuguese name for Dusty/Sandy/Gravel/Dirty Hill/Valley/Slope but nothing fit.

*DVD EXTRA* This track was named "Foley", after Dave Foley, during production

@utopist
Well it's supposed to be an old track but that had a bit of a renovations (chicane and the stand next to it) done, and it's in a dusty, dusty area. Bahrain is riddled with dirt and dust all the time, while being and ultra modern circuit.
All of my tracks are pretty much the same, concept wise. An older circuit with some newer parts done to it for safety reasons.

No-one explains their tracks this much, I'll just shut up
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Qurpiz wrote:No-one explains their tracks this much
Which is a shame, I'd love to read more. ;) The track looks amazing!
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Impressive layout. Impressive lmap. 10/10