[oth] deRUkt89.-Z+

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[oth] deRUkt89.-Z+

Post by XYY »

Hi guys,
this is a new track by me. I can't really explain anything about it, seriously. Please try it and leave a comment. :leery:
Attachments
deRUkt89.-Z+.png
deRUkt89.-Z+.zip
(68.4 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
NicolasP

Re: [oth] deRUkt89.-Z+

Post by NicolasP »

This is more bizarre than the TuomoH's tracks :D , but it's a very good track. :cool2:
5/5
And a :tom: nomination. :bg:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

HOLY SH*T! :bowdown:

You will get a :tom: and :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: of 5. :rofl:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Well, thanks for the comments. I didn't expect many people to like it at all.
If you can describe what you feel when you drive the track or which atmosphere it conveys, that would be great.
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

This is not a proper way to make a track, you punk!!! :shout:

jk, I like it. ;)
Honestly, my first thought was "why haven't I made a track like this before..?"
I like the idea and it's fun to drive, but i don't like the airbrush dithering and it could have been a little more edgy.
It reminds me breakcore/raggacore music a little bit.

In "trackmaking school" You would get the worst mark possible. That's cool.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

BRIX wrote: In "trackmaking school" You would get the worst mark possible. That's cool.
Imho it's impossible to grade an unconventional track like this. :P I confess it looks daft to some extent but I think that's because we're not used to this style of trackmaking in general. Being a fan of Tuomo's eccentric works however I like it. :nod:

As you may expect I am confused by the odd starting position and on top of that it is hard to not become distracted by the surreal environment. In spite of the bizarreness I for one wouldn't be surprised if it won this month's ToM or heck, even ToY. :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'm not a fan of Tuomo's tracks, nor this one, but I must say that this one unlike some of the other experimental tracks actually looks drivable while still looking bizzare.
Edit: which of course is a good thing for a track like this. The thing that bugs me most about this genre is that most of the tracks appear to be pretty darn near undrivable, or at least unraceable. Good job on that front :bg:
Last edited by puttz on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comments again! Also I'm really surprised about the topic rating, I would have expected about two or three stars, but not 4,5.

Brix, in some ways of thinking I actually consider myself as punk, but it was certainly not an influence when making this track. Also I never before listened to Breakcore. However, I listened to Tool (e.g. Lateralus, Ticks & Leeches) while making this track.
What do you mean about that the track could be more edgy?

DuklaLiberec, daft is probably an appropriate word for this track. However I think a ToY award or even a ToM seems to be wrong for this track.
I actually think the starting position is not that odd, could have been worse / less common if I wanted to.

puttz, thanks for your comment. After all it's nice to see that you share your thoughts about your track even though this is not your favorite genre and I can fully understand that.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

This is not a track. ... This is piece of art!!!

Well done XYY :bg:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

XYY wrote:What do you mean about that the track could be more edgy?
Well, everything is blurred by this grass & mud dithering everywhere.
e.g. You could put them only in some sections of the track, so oil and white lines would make more contrast.

contrasting = edgy, that's what I wanted to say (in this case).

Do you mind, if I'll try to make a track like this?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks, FrukisCZE for the nice words!

puttz, for me it's always important that the track is intuitive to drive. I don't like tracks where you think you have a good racing line but the hmap always puts you off.

Brix, I don't know if you can make a track like this, but I won't prevent you from making a track like that. Also thanks for the explanation of "edgy"!
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

This track can't be rated to my mind. However, all the feedback seems to indicate that this work caught many eyes and that it is therefore and without any doubt a very good work.
I like it a lot not as a track but for all the senses it could have and that make it captivating. I would like to know what happened in your head while you created it, it would be very interesting.

The last thing I could say is that you frighten me a little bit with creating tracks like that!!! The mysteries of our brains maybe ;)

Nice experience though.

:bg:
Pixels are stronger than polys!