Cars disappear in race

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Cars disappear in race

Post by XYY »

Hi all :wave:
I've got a big problem which I hope can be solved.
I decided to create a new car.
It's ready now, but while testing it with other players (it doesn't depend on the players type - both AI and human...) the cars which weren't at the first place disappered, and while I was driving (car no1) I saw shadows of wheels near to my car.
Has anyone got an idea what to do?
Thanks in advance :)
Paw

Re: Cars disappear in race

Post by Paw »

Well, something like that occurs when all starting positions are placed in the same spot. If it does happen also with one car at moment, check wheels positions (if they are in order, compare with default cars. I mean, that they have to be in order, IIRC FL, FR, RR, RL). Maybe the shadow is too complex, copy the car and delete it, then test it.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

^ can be that too but if it's the same on every track, then probably it's a problem with too complex shadow of the car. Try reducing and making it only of few polies.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

well, I recreated the car because I knew of some problems with the vertexes (they were at a F1 lotus on the german forums) and now it works.
my shadow had 7 polies, but 15 vertexes...
I made it simplier, too...
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

XYY wrote:Hi all :wave:
It's ready now, but while testing it with other players (it doesn't depend on the players type - both AI and human...) the cars which weren't at the first place disappered, and while I was driving (car no1) I saw shadows of wheels near to my car.
That happens:
1. If your car has negative values in car editor (Like slowndown -1 on tarmac1 and you are racing on tarmac1).

2. The shadowbug.

3. Look at your Y X and Z values in car editor. This happens to me when I mess with those values... :mrgreen:

Thats all things have happened to me. I hope this helps you sometimes, because you already fixed it. :bg:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Sutinen wrote:
XYY wrote:Hi all :wave:
That happens:
1. If your car has negative values in car editor (Like slowndown -1 on tarmac1 and you are racing on tarmac1).

2. The shadowbug.

3. Look at your Y X and Z values in car editor. This happens to me when I mess with those values... :mrgreen:

Thats all things have happened to me. I hope this helps you sometimes, because you already fixed it. :bg:
well, I had a negative drift value...
and the car had a complex shadow...