Räbinä Awards discussion thread

General discussion about your experience with the game.
bduddy

Re: Räbinä Awards discussion thread

Post by bduddy »

Trigger Happy wrote:Wouter, the Räbinä Awards are supposed to be sort of community's summary / celebration of the actual finished year. The master/wizard ranks reflect similar matter but in a more complex way in relation to individual's whole being as part of the community. :)
There's also the fact that the forum ranks are awarded by secret committee (mods, of course :cool2:) and are permanent (unless you do something bad), while the Rabina Awards are voted on by everyone and given out every year. Just to clarify...
I like short, simple signatures!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

DuklaLiberec on Räbinä Awards Nomination Thread wrote:A nomination to community member is even more honorable than the nomination to commentator I usually receive every election. :o I was somewhat astonished when I was informed FRUKIScze had nominated me in this category.
You are pretty active and quite popular here on Forum...so why not? :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2013

Post by Marcinho »

Someone will make 2014 gala?
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Yes, but the Nomintation/Voting Thread starts usually in January, and the Räbinä Awards Gala is at March 2015 (possibly just after RoC 2015 final. :shhh:)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Indeed, Räbinä Awards start traditionally on the first whole week of January.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Räbinä Awards 2014 - nomination thread

Post by Marcinho »

IMO it's a nonsense. Users should vote his favourite driver.
zgr

Post by zgr »

There was a good point Marcinho said in the momination thread:
Marcinho wrote:IMO it's a nonsense. Users should vote his favourite driver.
I think, every body a compete in GR Championships should vote for his favorite driver. A system would be cool, f.e. every vote multiply with the points in GWR or something like that (bad example, i know :sweatdrop: )

But I mean, in GWR Lee is only on 8th place and even Gzehoo with 173 (!) Events this year is only 10th, while DrNo only made 30 Events in GRPL and get some much points by racing in GRPL Rally, that's an unbalance IMO
I don't want attack DrNo or other drivers, but a system where you still can choose your favorite driver would be cool :)
Hello.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Very good argumentation. I didn't know how write this. My english is still bad.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Well, in this case there would be two categories about racers:

-Racer of the Year by GWR
-Racer of the Year by users
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Gzehoo wrote:Well, in this case there would be two categories about racers:

:iagree:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

@up: :iagree:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Buka

Post by Buka »

I'm sorry, but whom do you want to vote for? Racer with the best style? Racer with biggest attendance? Racer who are a friend of yours? Since 2003 the best racer is the one who got the most points in GWR. Rabina Awards' RoY just state the obvious, because it's the only award which can be calculated. So let it be.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Prize from people is more valuable than prize from php script (or other language - ask jo.sk).
zgr

Post by zgr »

Buka wrote:I'm sorry, but whom do you want to vote for? Racer with the best style? Racer with biggest attendance? Racer who are a friend of yours? Since 2003 the best racer is the one who got the most points in GWR. Rabina Awards' RoY just state the obvious, because it's the only award which can be calculated. So let it be.
Of course for whom we should vote...but it's the same thing with other categories, there you can vote for your friend, too (Commentator, Rookie,...). But I think that still many people would find the mix of all attidutes...best results, biggest attendance, best style...and the idea with two different categories
Gzehoo wrote:Well, in this case there would be two categories about racers:

is a good idea IMO.

After Marcinho mentioned it, I was thinking about this topic...but I can also understand that RoY always was made this way and a sudden change wouldn't be the best way to solve it, especially just before the Rabina Awards'.
Hello.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Marcinho wrote:Prize from people is more valuable than prize from php script (or other language - ask jo.sk).
That's ridiculous! People may like Fernando Alonso or Riccardo more than Hamilton, but still the champion is Hamilton. Do you want to say that people's adoration is more valuable than F1 title?

BTW, the whole RA stuff was invented to mark OTHER categories of GR users than racers.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Buka wrote:
Marcinho wrote:Prize from people is more valuable than prize from php script (or other language - ask jo.sk).
That's ridiculous! People may like Fernando Alonso or Riccardo more than Hamilton, but still the champion is Hamilton. Do you want to say that people's adoration is more valuable than F1 title?

BTW, the whole RA stuff was invented to mark OTHER categories of GR users than racers.
I have to agree. Now if we want to make another category like "most popular driver" that might be okay, but the Driver of the Year should be determined solely by skill on the race track.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Buka wrote: BTW, the whole RA stuff was invented to mark OTHER categories of GR users than racers.
+1
Personally, the whole point of the Rabina Awards was to recognize valuable members of the community who aren't racers. Racers already get GWR championships by the month, in multiple categories no less!
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Haruna wrote:
Buka wrote: BTW, the whole RA stuff was invented to mark OTHER categories of GR users than racers.
+1
Personally, the whole point of the Rabina Awards was to recognize valuable members of the community who aren't racers. Racers already get GWR championships by the month, in multiple categories no less!
:up:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Warlex

Post by Warlex »

Then they should add another category named "community racer of the year" or "people's choice racer of the year", because a racer of the year by itself should be determined only by officia rankings, the way it is right now, like tennis, for example. :D
generalbrasil

Post by generalbrasil »

Warlex wrote:
Then they should add another category named "community racer of the year" or "people's choice racer of the year", because a racer of the year by itself should be determined only by officia rankings, the way it is right now, like tennis, for example. :D
Good idea! People's Choice Driver Awards PCdA! haha. Seriously, it's be considered :clap:
Sorry for my english.