[rwl] [cir] Irungattukottai

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Irungattukottai

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hello, everyone :wave:

Here is my first track for this year. It is exceptionally a rwl track, Madras Motorsport Club Race Track located in Irungattukottai, Chennai, India, my first and most likely the last of kind. Making rwl tracks isn't really my cup of tea and my biggest motivation to make this track was to prove myself and others, that I can make also an acceptable rwl track. Let me quote what Buka said, when voting me in trackmaker of the year category in Räbinä Awards 2011:
Buka : HJ (Oh, the good old days, when I had HJ as my nickname.)

"The guy knows how to make almost every type of track (yes, I expect an rwl), and he’s damn good in making them."
So, I obviuosly had to make one. It took some time before I managed to make it, though. :coffee:

Let's go into the track... I showed pictures of layout in the WIP thread in the end of the 2013 and got some help for tuning the layout from Trigger Happy and XYY (thanks, guys :up: ). Soon I made paddock, run-offs and stuff like that ready + big parts of scenery of left half almost ready. But then there was almost one year long break before I continued on the track. Some areas in scenery changed in that time. When I looked at the aerial pictures 2014, it looked like they'd have cleared big areas from bushes and trees. At least that's how I saw it. So, some of the track is based on info, which was available in 2013 and some on info, which was available in 2014, thus the track might not completely look like how it currently looks like in real life. Also, I used quite heavily my artistic freedom in some places of the scenery, so it's not as realistic as it could be. :artist:

I have included both layouts, long and short. From both layouts there are two versions: one with starting grid for cars and one with starting grid for bikes.

I hope you'll like the track and also leave some comments. :)
Attachments
Irungattukottai.zip
(268.58 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Irungattukottai.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
RobertRacer

Re: [rwl] [cir] Irungattukottai

Post by RobertRacer »

Very good track rwl Emil. :bg: And this track is also a [rwl] track, which weren't in G-Tracks list (or even ever made). :) A very good job!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comment, RobertRacer :) You're right that there has never been any finished attempts on this track, but it actually has been mentioned in the G-Tracks list, if you look carefully.
Latest releases:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Yes, but I mean, that never someone finished this track, until you. :) :bg:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

IMO this track are almost identical to the same, the dithering are almost the same style that use Wojtek, and when you use your ''artistical freedom'' in the track? :misch: :rofl:
Buka : HJ

"The guy knows how to make almost every type of track (yes, I expect an rwl), and he’s damn good in making them."
I'm said the same when i see this track. :) Well done track. :bg:

:star: 6/5 :star:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

NicolasP wrote:IMO this track are almost identical to the same, the dithering are almost the same style that use Wojtek, and when you use your ''artistical freedom'' in the track? :misch: :rofl:
Artistical freedom in scenery. Not in painting technique. :)

It looks awesome! :clap:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thank you, Nicolas and Trigger Happy, for your comments. :bsmile:
Latest releases: