About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
YoNnie

Re: About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoil

Post by YoNnie »

Yupp, that's right. And first win of Radwańska against Williams ;)
ALL TRACKS
zgr

Post by zgr »

Roman Reigns won the Royal Rumble :shock: :up:
(for the WWE fans out here) ;)
Hello.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

zgr wrote:Roman Reigns won the Royal Rumble :shock: :up:
Right decision! I laughed at the fans reaction, loved it!
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
zgr

Post by zgr »

The Grimeloid wrote:
Yeah :D like last year, same reaction at batista's win :doh: :sweatdrop:
Hello.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

zgr wrote:
The Grimeloid wrote:
I actually liked both ideas... the fans had to ruin it, though. (To make it clear, I laughed at the fans.)

But again, I'll probably turn this into a chat room.

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Poland 3rd team of the World! (Handball)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

And Katar team will become the best of the World (in everything, just wait 10 years.... :shhh: )
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Katar = Croatia + arbiters
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

The Grimeloid wrote:
zgr wrote:
The Grimeloid wrote:
I actually liked both ideas... the fans had to ruin it, though. (To make it clear, I laughed at the fans.)

But again, I'll probably turn this into a chat room.
It's kinda silly how the Royal Rumble winner was spoiled already when Lesnar kept the title. It was easy to predict at that point it would surely be Reign's victory. It's a shame the crowd booed at him for that. The booing last year at Batista was justified since he had just returned to WWE and there were at least two face wrestlers with waaay more buzz (CM Punk and Bryan), who should have won the Rumble.

BTW, that was propably the most boring Royal Rumble match I've seen... The excellent title match didn't help the case.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

At the very least, nowadays there's plenty of good wrestling to be found if you know where to look. NJPW which now has a WWE Network-like service and probably will have occasional English-language broadcasts through Global Force Wrestling, Lucha Underground which I haven't actually watched but I've heard plenty of great things about, WWE NXT keeps putting on good weekly shows and FANTASTIC live specials.

Also, yes, the Royal Rumble was trash. That entire Rumble match was booked to make only Roman look strong. The triple threat for the title was great, but one great match is not enough to save a card that was mediocre even before the Rumble itself.

i wanted bryan vs lesnar at wrestlemania even if it were non-title and now i'm not going to get it :(
zgr

Post by zgr »

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:Also, yes, the Royal Rumble was trash. That entire Rumble match was booked to make only Roman look strong. The triple threat for the title was great, but one great match is not enough to save a card that was mediocre even before the Rumble itself.
What about Bray Wyatt? He looked strong as hell, eliminating one by one, he even eliminated Daniel Bryan :o
I wished that Orton would make his comeback at the royal rumble and RKO some guys outta nowhere :D

And yes, the triple threat match was the best one and IMO Seth Rollins the man of that night, his high-flying-attacks where just incredible :shock:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Now out of Wrestling....

New England Patriots won the Superbowl XLIX (49th) against the Seattle Seahawks 28-24. The endinggame was epic. :shock:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

zgr wrote: What about Bray Wyatt? He looked strong as hell, eliminating one by one, he even eliminated Daniel Bryan :o
Yeah, they made him look strong but it never really mattered since it was already a known thing he wouldn't win because of the way the title match ended.

Also, see the Wrestlemania main event be: Reigns wins -> Rollins cashes in and propably wins the title. Then propably feuding until Summerslam where Reigns finally wins it back. And then they can fiddle it so Cena wins the 16th title in 2016 Wreslemania. Oh, predicted too far? :P
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

1nsane wrote: Also, see the Wrestlemania main event be: Reigns wins -> Rollins cashes in and propably wins the title. Then propably feuding until Summerslam where Reigns finally wins it back. And then they can fiddle it so Cena wins the 16th title in 2016 Wreslemania. Oh, predicted too far? :P
I will laugh so hard if this turns out to be true, not that I've either been following WWE in a while or been a fan of Cena.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Haruna wrote:
1nsane wrote: Also, see the Wrestlemania main event be: Reigns wins -> Rollins cashes in and propably wins the title. Then propably feuding until Summerslam where Reigns finally wins it back. And then they can fiddle it so Cena wins the 16th title in 2016 Wreslemania. Oh, predicted too far? :P
I will laugh so hard if this turns out to be true, not that I've either been following WWE in a while or been a fan of Cena.
Well everything in WWE is too predictable these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this happen - Reigns beats Lesnar, Lesnar beats him up so bad and then Rollins cash in his MITB briefcase.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
zgr

Post by zgr »

ivaneurope wrote:
Haruna wrote:
Well everything in WWE is too predictable these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this happen - Reigns beats Lesnar, Lesnar beats him up so bad and then Rollins cash in his MITB briefcase.
Rollins won't cash it in at WrestleMania, but the night after on RAW maybe :scratch:
But I really hope to see Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker :love: after his promo the night after royal rumble I really hope it will be a match between them
Hello.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

History has been made in ski jumping - 250 meters is the longest jump ever
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

250? It's history.
251,5 !
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

A Russian jumped in the qualify 254 meters, but he fall.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

I think Dimitry was scared this day after this great jump.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Vassiliev have soft legs. He have problem with landing on all distance.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

So, on Sunday, happened the final match of the rugby league World Club Series, and dear god, poor Saints!

Friday: St. George Illawarra (NRL) 18-12 Warrington (Super League)
Saturday: Brisbane (NRL) 14-12 Wigan (Super League)
Sunday: South Sydney (NRL) 39-0 St. Helens (Super League)

A 3-0 win for NRL.

Speaking for myself, I'm happy for St. George Illawarra and I'm happy that Wigan lost. But St Helens' loss made me sad.

==================================================================================

Then, there was WWE FastLane, and, yes, Roman Reigns defeated the internet darling Daniel Bryan, and he will face Brock Lesnar for the WWE title at Wrestlemania. Now, this will be amazing! Cry harder, Internet Wrestling Community!

Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

Lesnar just re-signed with WWE. I CAN STILL GET BRYAN VS. LESNAR HOPEFULLY maybe probably not

Anyway, the WM card and my thoughts:

PRE-SHOW: WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four-Way Match - Cesaro/Kidd (c) vs. The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day (Big E/Kingston)
Almost the exact same match as last year's WM pre-show. Hopefully Cesaro/Kidd retain, but there's always the chance of SAMOAN TAG CENAS WIN LOL.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - Barrett (c), Ziggler, Harper, Stardust, R-Truth, Ambrose, Bryan
Whoever wins (preferably Bryan), I want the IC title to actually gain some prestige like with the same title in NJPW (where the IC title match main-evented their biggest show last year). That would be especially helpful if Lesnar leaves WM with the title and continues his part-time schedule, so they have at least one other title that can believeably main-event a PPV.

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
I really have no idea who will win. I'm expecting something decent though, both of these guys are good wrestlers.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal aka ARMBAR aka The Struggle Rumble
I can't be bothered to care too much about this given the treatment Cesaro had last year after winning it. I am, however, expecting Sheamus to return here as a surprise entrant. Also either Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Tyler Breeze or Hideo Itami from NXT will be added on Thursday; probably will be either Neville or Balor to as a prelude to their call-up to the main roster.

United States Championship Match
Rusev (c) vs. John Cena
Well, been nice knowing you, Rusev...

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker
It's slightly hard to look forward to a match when only one competitor has been appearing at all. That said, I really really want to see Bray no-sell a Tombstone by popping right up into his spider walk.

Sting vs. Triple H
Absolutely no reason for Triple H to win here.

AJ Lee/Paige vs. The Bella Twins
I had a modicum of hope for this match given that three of the four participants are actually decent wrestlers, but now we already have the whole "AJ and Paige are fighting again" story that just drained away what little hope I have. Expecting a Bellas win.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
Now that Lesnar has signed a new contract with WWE, I'm more hopeful for Lesnar winning, though I'm pretty sure the favorite is still Reigns. Also, if Lesnar wins I'm expecting Rollins to cash-in because I don't see Lesnar fighting again until after Rollins' MITB contract expires.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'm writing this at work, so I'll read your post more properly at home and do another reply there. But for now I'll copy the match card and give my own comments and predictions...

First note: Now we have three matches that include part timer wrestlers, who only really show up for Russelmania. That's waaaay too much, especially since at least two of them will be treated with main event status. So they'll take the most time. Come on, you have promising new wrestlers, use them instead of some old names who have already retired and can't do the moves properly anymore.

PRE-SHOW: WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four-Way Match - Cesaro/Kidd (c) vs. The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day (Big E/Kingston)
Such a great way to push two of the most promising wrestlers from last year by dumping them to a pre show match and a tag team of all the possible things. I'm talking about Big E and Cesaro. Cesaro's push just died after WM last year. And especially Big E's "team" is just totally ignored by the fans. The tag matches have often been some of the best matches though, so this might also be a good watch. The winner: who cares.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - Barrett (c), Ziggler, Harper, Stardust, R-Truth, Ambrose, Bryan
The problem with this ladder match is that there's not really anyone else than Ambrose who could be seen as taking a bump. So it might be quite a boring match with just some overly choreographed ladder swoosh swoosh battles in the middle of the ring. If the winner was decided by who actually fits the match type, it would be Ambrose. But nope, it's propably Bryan, Ziggler or Barrett.

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
Could be a good one. Could also be a horrible one with just constant run-ins from "The authoritaah" which make the match seem like a normal Raw match. Propably Rollins win. This match could also spoil what's going to happen in the main event match. If Rollins wins, cash in, if he loses, nope.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal aka ARMBAR aka The Struggle Rumble
Well... Time to get a sandwhich.

United States Championship Match
Rusev (c) vs. John Cena
Good job wrecking a wrestler there, WWE.

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker
Ehh... Just no build up on this one at all. A wrestler who doesn't have that 21-0 prestige anymore, has been away for a year and looked quite bad already two years ago. Would need a hardcore match to hide this fact so badly. Just regular wrestling will be bad. Or then a total mystery ending. That would be cool actually. Let's do that! So no winner here.

Sting vs. Triple H
Sting better win this one, although knowing what kind of squash matches Triple H wanted to have against CM Punk for example, it wouldn't really surprise if he won this one also.

AJ Lee/Paige vs. The Bella Twins
Why do they always put this match between the two main events. That's just dumb. This match will once again have just zero heat. The spectators and the announcers are just going on about how the previous match was just awesome or how the next match will be so cool. Someone wins, someone else loses, no one even notices. I'll play the Paige parts in slow motion. No wait! I didn't say that.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
I hope Reigns wins just so the main title will actually be active for once. Keeping it on a wrestler whose contract is something ridiculous like wrestling only in PPV's and only showing up maybe 10 times a year is just silly. Reigns should have probably won the title in Summerslam anyway if he wasn't injured. So now they'll get to finally do the Reigns, Rollins feud. But again, this match had just no build up at all, with even Fastlane stuff being totally irrelevant to this thing. So there's no real reason to be too excited about this match either. And it won't be a squashfest anyway so they'll have to fight properly. And with both wrestlers using the power moves and trying to look as big as possible, it could be a horrible match. Like Batista - Cena level of horrible. Or Kane - Big Show. Oh and we'll have that one in the Andre the Giant match. With also a hint of Mark Henry. Oh that's bad. That's reaaally bad.

So overall: Some of these matches better have some really good wrestling and spots, or this will be a dull Wrestlemania.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

About Wrestlemania:

- It will be a great show. It pi***s me off when wrestling fans cry on the internet because their uncharismatic hero is not in the main event, and because of that, Wrestlemania will be horrible. These are not fans, these are just crybabies.

- About the matches:

Tag title match = I do think Cesaro's push last year was maybe a bit early, because I don't think WWE would make too many mistakes with it. Now, onto the match, the holders will probably keep the titles. It will be a good match, because that's what they do, since most of those guys have zero charisma. And in WWE, charisma means A LOT!

IC title = It will probably be like a MITB match, but with the IC title on the line instead.

Rollins vs. Orton = Orton will win. And Rollins will cash the briefcase on RAW. Because that's what WWE does: if the MITB holder is about to cash-in, he'll lose a few matches.

Battle royal = I have a feeling that Miz is going to win. And that is a shame. Considering that the fact that Miz lacks everything and he's still employed.

Rusev vs. John Cena = Poor people, you don't get what you want? Boo-hoo! Let me explain: Wrestlemania is the biggest show, Cena is the good guy, Rusev is the bad guy. Of course, Cena's going to win! And you should be thankful, because with a big name like Cena will bring the prestige the US title had. And with that, the midcard titles will be more important, since nowadays they are just pieces of generic gold.

Wyatt vs. Undertaker = Wyatt wins. Undertaker will "pass the torch".

Sting vs. HHH = Sting will win. And will be an awesome match, because he'll be in great shape. If Sting is going to lose, then it will be horrible, because he won't care. If you watched Sting in TNA, you know exactly what I'm writing (not talking) about here.

Divas = The bathroom break. I hope Paige pins Nikki, and take the title on RAW, pinning her again.

Reigns vs. Lesnar = That's going to be awesome! Those guys have been teasing confrontations from a long time. Reigns will win, and will feud with Rollins, due to the cash-in. Thank God, Lesnar resigned! If he was going to leave, it would be Wrestlemania XX all over again.

Conclusion? It will be an awesome WM. Besides, people said that WM 30 would be horrible, and guess what? Not only was great, but they got what they wanted with the internet darling Daniel Bryan winning the title. So, stop crying and enjoy the show.