Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2014

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

First off, it is a complete honour to be opening the 7th edition of the Räbinä Awards for 2014!

It's come that time of year once again, where the collective GeneRally community gather around at their computers, probably with a coffee or other drink at hand depending where in the world you are, dressed in their second favourite suit, normally a racing suit if they're lucky to have one, to take a look back at the year just past. In case you forgot, it was 2014, a year that was a roller coaster for many reasons for the community but by no means a bad year.

For many of us, it's been a year of difficulties. Just as quickly as the anticipation for the next version grew, it disappeared. It has led to much frustration as the dream of the new, updated GeneRally to which had much promise and being put into reality, becomes further from reach with each day that passes, for at least what we can tell. The difficulties and issues faced as a result did not affect the community however, despite the many who have come and gone, this community still remains strong and throughout 2014, combined to produce a lot of worthy content to keep GeneRally fresh and alive, something which it deserves and for that, there should be no disappointment as it is proof that year in, year out, the game is still fantastic and enjoyable after more than a decade.

This thread, as always is a celebration of all the hard work many contributors have done throughout the year. Some of the contributions are overlooked and some maybe would like to be forgotten but everything we post here, from track to car to competition to comment, has built the game up further than the Räbinä brothers would have ever expected. Remember this game was released so long ago that floppy drives were still relevant and actually a handy way to give the game to your friends! Look where we've come to now, I haven't seen one in years, we're onto the 7th year of the Räbinä Awards and I'm amazed more people haven't demanded a mobile port yet!

Despite the winners that will receive an award this year, there are no losers. Everyone that is here has a passion for enjoying GeneRally and without you, these awards will be useless. Here we will celebrate the stand outs for the year and the long serving, the guys who set the bar for the next person to reach, the ones who create the tools to help us, the ones that help us have a competitive and enjoyable time or the ones who give us all that bit of encouragement to keep going.

As is the norm with these awards, the categories are:
#1. CarMaker - Herbal
#2. TrackMaker - Dragon
#3. Competition Organizer - kuba
#4. Rookie - RobertRacer
#5. Commentator - RobertRacer
#6. Racer -
#7. Honorary Awards -
       Honorary Awards (in memoriam) -
#8. Community Member -

Oh and before I forget, lets have a brief look at the nominations and the previous years with some helpful links:

So get ready to repeatedly tap F5 or click refresh... or touch it if you're on your mobile as will be the case for many, start watching for your favourite advertisements as we take a look at the winners of the 2014 Räbinä Awards. I wish everyone the best of luck for the awards and 2015!
Last edited by Crowella on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
View my archived circuits/cars here
Gzehoo

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2014

Post by Gzehoo »

+++++COMMERCIAL BREAK+++++

Solve the quiz in Pattburg Magazine (for March) and win :mrgreen:
PM_tshirt.png
(only for fun ;) )

+++++COMMERCIAL BREAK+++++
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Commercial Break: we'll be back there soon.

This May, the most famous oval race....

....comes to our GR.
Indy 500.png

24th May 2015

More information you'll find HERE.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

With great pleasure I have been given the honorable task to speech about the Car Maker of the Year 2014 award.

While tracks are still, and have always been, created the most they are rather useless without those great looking 40 polygons to race on them. Like every other year 2014 has been a year of major, quality releases by a lot of people allowing you and me to recreate our favorite races or to race the unthinkable.

If you look up the amount of people who've released cars on just the first page of this very forum it is not hard to imagine how difficult it is to hand out an award to just one author. Who could've guessed in 2003 that all these years later we'd still be having new cars released all year long...and look at the quality!

Even though 14(!) people have been nominated for this award, only one nominee can take the award home. Before announcing this years winner, please give a warm applause for our nominees...
Nominees for Carmaker of the Year 2014:

AeroWiewiur, Bif44, Emil Patanen, Gzehoo, Herbal, ivaneurope, kave, Marcinho, MASA, puttz, Ryumi, Sartalas, Szmajli, XYY.
And the Golden Räbinä goes to...
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

This Gala has been interrupted for the following messeage

Pre-Season tests - Antrim Hills. March 1st, 2015

You can still join.
PS: Congrats to Herbal - well deserved
Last edited by ivaneurope on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
puttz

Post by puttz »

Congrats Herbal, you really deserved this one. No surprise here :clap:
And now this commercial break is brought to you by:
Attachments
NAGRCA GTR 2015 Promo.png
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congrats, man! :shaking:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Congratulatons Herbal! :clap: :shaking: :hattip:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*
Congratulations Herbal!! :bg:
Coming soon in July...
Attachments
Formula 3 Chilena teaser.PNG
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

It's good that Carmaker of the Year is the user which I voted for.
So... congratulations Herbal :clap:

But... SRSLY :?: 2 votes for me and no votes for Sartalas, AeroWiewiur or Marcinho? One of them should have 2 votes :!:
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Whoa, although I've felt somewhere that I have good chances to win in cars category, but I've never expected to have 60% (!) of all votes. I would like to say thank you for those, who have voted me to be the best this year. Being the best is not an easy task: it's noble, but also a challenging job in a certain way, since from now on I have to keep the standards in such height.

Let me tell you a little secret, this handles about the time of joining to the community (back in 2007, and yes, I'm that old). When I've registered on RSC I've said myself: "Nah, I'd want to be a moderator of GeneRally". How ambitious. :mrgreen: Neither I did consider that I can manage to stand that high on the "pyramid" of gamers (, even if now I'm not a moderator currently). :P

But then someone from above helped: RaceSimCentral forums closed down and I've decided with the help of Ivo, Luke and Raska to set up a transitional forum. After the first months I was sure that the idea born in the scent cloud of poppy beigli and christmas tree was one of my best decisions of my life. Thank you, that couldn't have be done without you.

So, after all, I cannot promise currently anything, but I am going to give my best in all my releases. Thank you.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

Congrats Herbal, you deserve it :clap:
COMMERCIAL BREAK!
Commercial Break 1.PNG
Hello.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Meanwhile in FRUKIScze's mind... :popcorn:
[code]ohh, soo many comercial brakes and still no new category.... This feels almost like watching TV. This is sooo boring, they have to carry on now![/code] :gprotest:
And congrats to Herbal of course :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Murano

Post by Murano »

Hello everyone! I have raced in several Generally competitions and took a lot of pleasure racing against other drivers. I'm not into the community anymore but I was given the opportunity to present this award.

Competing with drivers like Alx.it, JR Zullo or Jo.sk was an incredible feeling. I took part in more than 500 events and this wouldn't be possible without the wonderful work of competitions organizers :)
Nominees for Competition Organizer of the Year 2014:

Buka, FRUKIScze, GRPL Team, Gzehoo, ivaneurope, kuba, Marcinho, NicolasP, puttz, Sartalas, zgr.
"GR was our sole purpose in life", JR Zullo, May 2006.

GWR:
- 2006 & 2007 Timetrial Champion
- 2007 Hotlap Champion
- March'07, June'07, July'07, March'08, May'08 General Winner
- 10 months 1st seeded driver
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Congratulations Kuba :clap:
Lambda Motosports

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

:wow: MOOOM !!! MOOOOM GET THE CAMEREA!! I GOT MY FIRST EVER VOTE IN RABINA AWARDS!!!

and now just calm down :rofl: and big congratulations to kuba for well deserved victory :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

FRUKIScze wrote:
:wow: MOOOM !!! MOOOOM GET THE CAMEREA!! I GOT MY FIRST EVER VOTE IN RABINA AWARDS!!!

Just wait for next year. ;)

Nice victory from Kuba. :bg:

BTW, when GRPL and Kuba would have 5 votes, Kuba would get for both (a) Räbinä(s). :rofl:
Until yet I voted for the winner. :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

What a close category, I'm honored to have gotten third in the votes. Congrats kuba, you deserved this one for filling in gaps with GRID Hat Trick.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

This extremely long commercial breaks are boring me? When the next Räbinä is being awarded, and where are the ''Trackmaker of 2014''? :talkth:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Hello! It's an honor for me to be in the Golden Räbinä ceremony. The award for best commentator: It's because of them that you can improve your track/car/palettemaking skills, in case your track/car/palette isn't that good. Or you can brag about how everyone loved your track/car/palette. Why am I saying this? Let's say you did a few tracks and you want to show those here, in the GR forum. But the tracks aren't that great, or they lack something. Well, more experienced trackmakers will give you some tips (really good ones!). And who knows, maybe in the future, you can be a trackmaster, since, well, this happened so many times here.

Well, enough of explaining, let's bring you the nominees. And for all of you nominees, the best of luck!
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2014:

bduddy, Bouncebackability, DuklaLiberec, Gzehoo, Haruna, kuba, NicolasP, puttz, RobertRacer, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, Yonnie.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

*Ultimate heavy ultra extra big pokerface*[attachment=0]1279052383758.jpg[/attachment]

After I've relaxed enough I can now comment this:

It's a really, really big honor, to come here to took this golden Räbinä. :goodvibes: I really thank you guys for 7 votes (almost 50%) for me! I don't have expected this, I thought, TriggerHappy, TuomoH or someone else would get this, even when I gave my vote NicolasP. And thank you for the comments at my votes. :D

And now, let's see, if I can get the the Community member (and the Rookie) Räbinä and other Räbinäs in the next years. :wink2:
Attachments
1279052383758.jpg
Last edited by RobertRacer on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Congratulations Robert!!! :bg: :clap: :shaking:
I got my first vote in the Räbinä Awards!!! :P
Congratulations to the new winner of the Commentator of the year!! :bg:
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Greetings fellow GR racers. I'm honoured to be presenter of the Räbinä Awards this year. The rookie award is in my eyes an breaktrough acheivement. Either being top newbie racer, carmaker or trackmaker the Rookie Award is great honour and a sign for future greatness. But tonight there will be only 1 winner.
Nominees for Rookie of the Year 2014:

Bif44, Fiołek, Reynaldo123, RobertRacer, kave.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

And again:

I'm really honored to took my 2nd Räbinä (in my 2nd(!) nomination! :o ), here I also had became over 75% of the votes! But not as in the commentary Award I expected that very much. :cool2:

Let's see, if I can take the Community Member Award (even when I think, that another people would deserve it more then I).
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

My first right pick but it wasn´t a hard one :bg:

Congratulations to all the winners so far