F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will be the 2012 Driver's Champion?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Sebastian Vettel
35%
Mark Webber
No votes
Jenson Button
23%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Fernando Alonso
23%
Felipe Massa
3%
Kimi Räikkönen
10%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Other, who?
No votes

Total votes: 31
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Post by Lukeno94 »

No, they won't. The fact they talk about setting a clutch point with the electronics means that it's all automatic.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Luke:

?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That proves my point, I'm pretty sure. :rofl:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

They use the flaps behind the wheel for the clutch when the car is stopped, otherwise it works automatically. I don't think there would be enough of room for a third pedal anyways.

This video shows the different buttons and flaps better, unfortunately it's in Finnish, though.

Dry in Silverstone, this is blasphemy! :rofl:

Edit: Scratch that, started to rain.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lukeno94 wrote:That proves my point, I'm pretty sure. :rofl:
He shows button, which he uses to control clutch and other to set its characteristic in general and you're calling it a proof of your claim, that they cannot control clutch in any case because is fully automatic? :roflmao:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I didn't see a button to actually control the clutch, only the one that programs the clutch. But there is most certainly NOT a third pedal in any F1 car at present - as 1nsane says, it probably wouldn't fit.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And who ever here said, that they do it by a 3rd feet pedal? :roll: And the williams steering wheel is transparent object for your eyes btw? :roll:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I didn't watch 1nsane's video, which was after my comment anyway... And Doorslammer had asked if anyone used a 3-pedal approach. Now who is not paying attention? :roll:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I noticed that post, but the your sentece with caps-locked ''NOT'' looks like anyone of us would be yelling at you, that they (or some of them) still do. ;)

BTW interesting at one point you use 1nsane's post as confirmation to your words (so seen it), but a row below you didn't see the video in same post? :-)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

No, it was your video, look where the posts are ffs!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My link is in relation to your repeating all over, that clutch is all automatic out of driver's control. There's no dispute anywhere about no 3rd pedal for feet (how could be, if I'm adding video about steering wheel?).
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Have you not read my comment at all, yet again? On the previous page Doorslammer asked if anyone still took a "3 pedal approach", which I must've now stated about a million times. I have also only said that the driver does not control the actual activation of the clutch, which does indeed appear to be incorrect, I have always been well aware that the driver can edit the settings, as I've said very clearly in previous posts.

It's useless debating/arguing with you as you don't pay any attention anyway. -.-
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't pay attention? When I'm telling you, that there was no dispute all time from my side about your answer him in relation to 3rd feet pedal? really? :shrug:

Edit: OK, we clearly don't understand each other. As you wish I re-read it again all and you 4 times repeated one thing:
Lukeno94 wrote:@Trigger Happy: Drivers do not have a controllable clutch, the whole point of the semi-automatic gearboxes is to remove that from the driver's equation, and to have it automated. ...
Lukeno94 wrote:I am not aware of any clutch lever on the wheel.
Lukeno94 wrote:(on question about use of pedal on start) ... using a manual clutch to change gear would be far too slow.
Lukeno94 wrote:... The fact they talk about setting a clutch point with the electronics means that it's all automatic.
And I sent you a link (so did and even better 1nsane), where you can see, that they have on ''wheel'' a device not just to set characteristic, but also to manually control the clutch on certain occasions too. So where is the problem, what are we argue about? :|
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

*cough* So... Webber won. I'll let him have that, he was on top of it today.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Very surprised to say this, but after Valencia this race felt a bit boring. :D McLaren was pretty slow the whole race. I guess they had rain setup on. It's also strange how Mercedes just fades away as the race goes onwards. Today once again Schumacher was hanging on there on top 3 for a while but then he just disappeared.

Welp, Hockenheim is next. Woo.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

the FIA have asked the stewards to check the engine mapping on the Red Bulls, both could be disqualified

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101407
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Wow, the FIA stewards actually had the balls to give Vettel a time penalty for the pass in his home race. But it was a good decision overall, since they added the rule to stop the kind of passes Vettel did.

Räikkönen did some pretty nice passes in the beginning of the race. I need to watch the race completely later to see if anything else happened in the race. The recap didn't really show anything too exciting.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Will they punish Vettel for that overtake?
Race was excellent and Sauber surprised me well. 5th and 6th after starting on 12th and 17th position, great result.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

They already have punished Vettel....
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, he got a drive through penalty, which automatically means 20 seconds added to time. This dropped Vettel to 5th. So the final result was Alonso, Button, Räikkönen, Kobayashi, Vettel...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Kobayashi and Maldonado going side by side up Eau Rouge with cold tires... :scared: If this doesn't end in a start crash, nothing will.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Jenson took the pole and good job by Sauber and Maldonado, as well. However, it is pathetic that no German has made it in the Top 10.... :doh:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Maldonado will start 6th after a penalty for blocking Hulkenberg. Bit harsh to be honest.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Go the Bashy!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I hope for Sauber podium :). And Kimi for win! :D