F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will win the 2010 drivers' championship?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Webber
43%
Alonso
28%
Hamilton
No votes
Vettel
25%
Button
5%

Total votes: 40
ZeroCool

Re: F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Post by ZeroCool »

Dunno about that but TV commentary said that race calendar arent just random dates, they are based on weather database from last few years to avoid such things as in Sepang in 2009 when race had to be ended after 33 laps
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

ZeroCool wrote:Dunno about that but TV commentary said that race calendar arent just random dates, they are based on weather database from last few years to avoid such things as in Sepang in 2009 when race had to be ended after 33 laps
Well, in most of the cases. Sometimes these dates are influenced by national feast days (like for long time Hungarian GP used to be at around 20th August), other sporting events (Commonwealth Games last time at Aussie GP), and some FIA events (ie. Le Mans and F1 races were not held in the same time, if I remember right). Usually there's also a "traditional" order of GPs, which is still kept mostly in the calendars of nowadays (I mean about 10 years ago there was an order of French, UK, German, Hungarian, Belgian and Italian GPs in Europe).
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Alex

Post by Alex »

If any of you were watching the BBC1 broadcast, did any of you see the massive screw up at around lap 48? They were focusing on a Mclaren, then the picture froze with no sound. The Camera then flashed purple and green twice. The race returned focused on a Sauber but there was no sound for about a minute. The BBC1 commentary returned for about a second and then it disappeared so we could only hear the car engines. After about 2 minutes the commentary returned but it was the BBC Radio 5 commentary. It echoed a minute later too. Eventually the video returned at around lap 51 with Martin Brundle and the other commentators not knowing what just happened and continued normally.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

DXTR wrote:
ZeroCool wrote:Dunno about that but TV commentary said that race calendar arent just random dates, they are based on weather database from last few years to avoid such things as in Sepang in 2009 when race had to be ended after 33 laps
Well, in most of the cases. Sometimes these dates are influenced by national feast days (like for long time Hungarian GP used to be at around 20th August), other sporting events (Commonwealth Games last time at Aussie GP), and some FIA events (ie. Le Mans and F1 races were not held in the same time, if I remember right). Usually there's also a "traditional" order of GPs, which is still kept mostly in the calendars of nowadays (I mean about 10 years ago there was an order of French, UK, German, Hungarian, Belgian and Italian GPs in Europe).
Le Mans is always on the second weekend of June, and F1 knows less people will watch it so they avoid using that date.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

f1 has clashed with le mans not toooo long ago. was last i remember the canadian GP, martin brundle would miss comentating that race to race at le mans :2c:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

F1 has no respect to LM when plans calendar, especially because Mr.E. hates family managing the track (they refused his not good offers for hosting GP on Bugatti several times) and Mr.E don't want to see present drivers from F1 (now in action drivers, not retired) on grid from same reason, IIRC, so it's other reason, why the collision is completely OK for him.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Sochi 2014. Bad news or good news?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Left part looks like Monaco :D
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Street circuit in Russia? Why not, layout looks nice and I hope there will be something like roundabout because I miss such corners in F1.. Will it be clockwise?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I expect that yes, clockwise. But I don't know really. :shrug:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

I saw a slightly different version, though I'm not fully satisfied that Russians would get a track made after all their tries :rolleyes:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm very curious, can you put link, please, Quklis? :) The map in post is from one yesterday's article of one Russian server.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/543/sochi.jpg
(too lazy to resize :P)

It's not that different but it's from different direction so the scale looks different. Like that chicane on the top is differently shaped etc.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Uhh, not another street race. They are nice but when there's atleast 5 of them once this one gets on the schedule, that's just a bit much. I hope this will be a bit more like Melbourne.

I also don't like the fact that this track doesn't have a clear main straight. I will have the same problem with this as I have with Valencia and Singapore, I just can't recognize at all where they are. This is all because of the lack of a proper main straight.

It is a good thing they use the already well made infrastructure of the Sochi area as a base. No need to do too much of modifying to get the track there. I hope they will use some smart camera angles to actually show all of those stadiums during the race.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Looks... bleh. Actually reminds me of Korea (wonder why?), except not as many silly corners in the back half... does anyone know how long that track is supposed to be?
I like short, simple signatures!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

About 5.5 kilometers, if I got the ''около 5.5 километров'' well. :shrug: Pretty long for stc. :scratch:

BTW I think, that Tilke had low influence on it as it's placed on roads of future Olympic village (?) for winter games in 2014, which was primarily designed by other authors, I guess. I see there just one his typical curve (slow eses at bottom left). :hot:

And thanks, Quklis. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ivo Porč wrote:BTW I think, that Tilke had low influence on it as it's placed on roads of future Olympic village (?) for winter games in 2014, which was primarily designed by other authors, I guess. I see there just one his typical curve (slow eses at bottom left). :hot:
Yeah, I guess the organizers wanted the track to have as scenic route through the olympic area as possible.

I hope the "roundabouts" are tight enough so the drivers can drive them on full speed, but they will be right on the edge of grip levels.

Looking at the track again, the final straight should be pretty interesting, actually. It will have very fast right and left handers on it too. And I guess it will go over a bridge too, so the walls should be close at that point. A bit like Korea, actually.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
zgr

Post by zgr »

and again a new circuit in a state, where is no f1-history? the layout look nice, but i prefer the circuits now. and not new circuits...since 2010 ;)

2008 - singapore :bg: 5/5
2009 - abu dhabi - 4/5
2010 - korea 3,5/5
2011 - india(layout) 4/5
2012 - austin(layout) 5/5
2013 - france 2/5
2014 - sochi 3/5

and maybe sochi could kick monaco! like bernie:"i could imagine, F1-calendar without monaco."
Hello.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

That would be stupid :D no monte carlo in both wrc and f1???
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, WRC is a mess anyway. 1.6 litre cars, but with WRC body kits? We need to go back to the early Group A rules when they were strict (without allowing Toyota to cheat with a 400 bhp Supra, anyway... :D )
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I don´t have problems with new WRC cars specification because it could bring new manufacturers and that is what WRC need....that cars now are too expensive

sorry for off topic :)

Talking about F1, there can be some problems with surface of yeongam because tarmac is still new
zgr

Post by zgr »

but it will be funny to see, when the tarmac isnt ready for the race, how the cars will going off the track, one, then another one, and so on, or the topspeed will be 200 :D
Hello.
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Lukeno94 wrote:Well, WRC is a mess anyway. 1.6 litre cars, but with WRC body kits? We need to go back to the early Group A rules when they were strict (without allowing Toyota to cheat with a 400 bhp Supra, anyway... :D )
Current WRC is extremely boring and cars are way too expensive. Current cars are much closer to S2000 costs-wise and have aroudn the same speed as the current WRC cars.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

zegarek wrote:2008 - singapore :bg: 5/5
2009 - abu dhabi - 4/5
2010 - korea 3,5/5
2011 - india(layout) 4/5
2012 - austin(layout) 5/5
2013 - france 2/5
2014 - sochi 3/5
Crap after crap. And who race there? Little kids. And soon 1,5L engines. :mad:

I want to see real heros like this:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Ivo Porč wrote:Crap after crap. And who race there? Little kids. And soon 1,5L engines. :mad:

I want to see real heros like this:
Cool video, though that would also mean many really injured and death heroes :/

I think safety is very important, but I'd like to see more technical innovations.