GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Re: GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Timetrial] [Login]

Post by Jo.sk »

Gzehoo wrote:A little info for GWR:

Kaelte is now Boko ;)
Thanks ;)
Gzehoo

Re: GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Post by Gzehoo »

And there is a little mistake with point system for Grand Tour Trophy 2014.

points : 12,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 + 1(BL) - teams : sum of drivers <-- wrong
points : 13,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 - teams : sum of 2 best drivers - constructors : sum of best driver of each race <-- correct
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Where is overall 2014 points standing? Is there gonna be soon? :yummy:
No need to hurry, just asking
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
kuba

Post by kuba »

puttz

Post by puttz »

In Daytona Pole Qualifying, Haruna did not make a login attempt.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Thanks, I will correct these mistakes ;)
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

Jo.sk
before the event 07 R of GRPL GP2 i had 161 points in the category TT in February and with my victory i recieve 75 points which would total 236 points and put me in the first position in this month in TT events. Am i right? Or am i seeing error where not exist?

best regards
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hermes wrote:Or am i seeing error where not exist?
Precisely. :-)

GWR really counts your 236 points (column 'points'), but standings is set according column 'score'. Look here into rules, how the score is counted (3.3, especially 3.3.3-3.3.5). BTW Yankess has 289 points, so would lead in any case.
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

I understand :weep:
I really thought i would finally put my name in the Hall of Fame GR but unfortunately it was not this time. But in my return competitions i will do everything to achieve that.

It will be a dream come true for me to see my name alongside so many amazing guys.

thanks for clarifying everything Trigger Happy
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Congratulations to an old and great GR team : Minardi Jaguara :winner:
It's its first title since its creation in February 2008.
And also some big congrats to Trigger and Buka without which victory would have been impossible :bg:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Looking at the nations championship this year, I think there should be some sort of restriction as to how many participants from one country can be included in the stats. The current situation where Poland has 17911 points and all the other nations combined 11078 points is a bit farcical if you ask me. That combined with the fact that GRPL F1 was not in fact free to enter if only one non-Pole managed to get the super license, which also distorts the other categories than nations champ.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:iagree:
This championship with restricted entries should not be counted as it is now.
kuba

Post by kuba »

TuomoH wrote:the fact that GRPL F1 was not in fact free to enter if only one non-Pole managed to get the super license
That actually is not true: [Formula 1: S10] Superlicences

Also, I would not name it restricted - all you need for super licence is to have good time during pre-season test or finish at podium during GP2 race. So basically, you just need to prove that you are not awfully slow, but if you are - GP2 is the series for you, to gain some skill and then join F1.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Mad Dan wrote::iagree:
:iagree: too
I don't know, if not only GRF1, but almost every "poland" champ here could be called international. 19 poland guys and only 1 "non-poland" guy + he joined during the series (not from begining) :ill: + there is maybe only 5 guys, who even registered here on INTERNATIONAL forum. :sorry: This is just insane. :scared: I feel scared about this situation :evil:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

You can entry to the "Polish" series. It's no problem.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

TuomoH wrote:Looking at the nations championship this year, I think there should be some sort of restriction as to how many participants from one country can be included in the stats. The current situation where Poland has 17911 points and all the other nations combined 11078 points is a bit farcical if you ask me.
Mad Dan wrote::iagree:
This championship with restricted entries should not be counted as it is now.
It's sad but true.

I don't want to vindicate anybody but I agree with you, TuomoH, Mad Dan and Frukis.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

kuba wrote:Also, I would not name it restricted - all you need for super licence is to have good time during pre-season test or finish at podium during GP2 race. So basically, you just need to prove that you are not awfully slow, but if you are - GP2 is the series for you, to gain some skill and then join F1.
So in other words, it's not free to enter, just as I said.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Thinking that way - if you're taking it literally - none of championships are free to entry as all require to sign up.

To join GRPL F1/GP2 (as in fact it's 2-tier championship) all you have to do is sign up and you can directly start in F1 if you manage to gain super licence during pre-season test or in GP2 if not. Everyone at GRPL series started and GP2 - season 10 just ended and number is not a joke - it was really 10th season of F1 at Polish forum.

Moreover, think about how much efforts Areen put into managing both series. It's not his fault that so little foreigners joined, and I believe, he did everything possible to make things easy for non Polish speaking people. Would you prefer that GRPL F1/GP2 series never join this forum?
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

kuba wrote:Would you prefer that GRPL F1/GP2 series never join this forum?
To be honest...YES. We already have PGR F1 series, which is perfectly organizate and running every year. But it's only my :2c: :vsad:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yeah, I have to agree. The problem is that the series is already well established in Poland, and most of the spots were already taken in pre-season by Polish drivers who already had a superliscense. Sorry kuba, but I have to agree with Tuomo on this, that makes it not free to enter. Other people could not join until after establishing a time in pre-season tests. Not to mention the seemingly complicated system of team managers and lots of tire regulations and other rules that have not been seen on this forum before. Not saying these are nesessarily a bad thing (except for maybe the managers thing, which imho is a little undesireable to take the power to protest results or otherwise ask questions and some other things out of the hands of individual drivers, which could be a reason for GRIF members not joining, as we have plenty of other options for compos including the PGRf1 series that do not have such seemingly strange mechanisms in the series).Also, did perhaps more non-Poles try to apply to a team, but the manager rejected their application for some reason? That is a question that should be asked, as that also could be considered a reason to not count this particular series. Just listing some reasons for people to not join those series.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'm sure there wasn't any single time that manager rejected application from a driver.

For the whole season one team was completely empty (as I remember correctly the idea was it will be available for guys from PGR, but they weren't interested). In previous seasons managers were helping new drivers in GP2 getting familiar with all the rules which in deed are complicated, but as they are in real F1. I'd prefer simpler rules (like e.g. in Your championships, but after adventures with Lorenzo and Danonak I understand that they have to be the way they are to prevent anyone from cheating.

Why do you guys mention PGR F1? Last race ended 8 months ago and since then there is no single post at PGR forum in F1 Series section. I'm afraid we won't be seeing new season soon.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

kuba wrote:Moreover, think about how much efforts Areen put into managing both series. It's not his fault that so little foreigners joined, and I believe, he did everything possible to make things easy for non Polish speaking people. Would you prefer that GRPL F1/GP2 series never join this forum?
I don't have anything bad to say about Areen's effort and I think it's a good thing that there are new compos. :cool2: What I'm trying to say here is that the current GWR rules are a bit problematic for the reasons I stated in my first post today.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Well, only 14 of 51 drivers in GWR for current month are not Polish. That's actually the bigger problem.

I couldn't find increments for country classification in GWR Rules (3.3.3), but the best solution I can think of is modify them. But that only result in smaller gap between Poland and other countries as currently it's safe to say that 2 of 3 active drivers at GRIF are Polish.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

To clarify my POV: I don't have a problem with Poland leading the nations champ - it definitely should. The problem is in increments, as you say Kuba, and because of that the absurdly different scores, as well as categorizing F1 as free to enter for all.
kuba

Post by kuba »

About that: I've found this championship: Generally World League - Season 23. One of the rules says:
Buka wrote:Only selected drivers can take part in GWL.
So, this is clearly championship not free to enter, and points are calculated as for any other championship.