[stc] Xelik Blvd.

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Xelik Blvd.

Post by Dragon »

Hi, here's my newest track.
It's a short street circuit.
I wanted to create a good track with a simple layout and a good view, hope you like it.
Enjoy and please leave a comment.
Attachments
Xelik.zip
(56.57 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
xelik.png
Last edited by Dragon on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiken17

Re: [stc] Xelik Blvd. by Dragon

Post by Hiken17 »

:wow: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
incredible :bowdown:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thegreatfalcon

Re: [stc] Xelik Blvd. by Dragon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Yeah,I like it. I think almost my favorite from you... (I'm thinking of Cayan Lake here...)
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stc] Xelik Blvd.

Post by Dragon »

Thanks maxi17 and thegreatfalcon, glad you like it.
@TGF: I think Cayan Lake is one of my best tracks with MX Town, Indyx and Kwindri Park (my favorite but I don't think everyone liked it).
Unfortunately some of these tracks were posted on RSC and they were lost, I will reupload them soon.
I hope that this track can be classified as one of my best tracks.
Any other comment?
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Great track!
It will be in :tom: :bg: !
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

It's pretty good track, but it could've been much better with some changes...

POV - there's no real reason to zoom this close, and doing it makes lmap very pixeled = ugly, no matter how well done. Well, maybe you need to zoom this close to have fullscreen with such a low view angle (though you could've done it with much less zooming), which is IMO way too low. This makes specially the last corner hard to drive.
Layout - the bottom part, being only a hairpin is quite boring. You could've used the parking area to make it more interesting (and also less two-minded :shhh:...)

That's the two biggest problems of this track, there are also plenty of very small things what I don't like but I'm not going to list them.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

aleksinir wrote:POV - there's no real reason to zoom this close, and doing it makes lmap very pixeled = ugly, no matter how well done. Well, maybe you need to zoom this close to have fullscreen with such a low view angle (though you could've done it with much less zooming), which is IMO way too low. This makes specially the last corner hard to drive.
What is and what is not reason? :scratch: And what about idea to make the track different (and eo ipso the riding there different too) and to observe cars from unusual angle (like from PoV of a guy in window of a skyscraper next to the track)? Isn't it enough? Isn't it called idea? If it looks useless for you, it may not be useless for other one same like e.g. a your fancy paddock may seem to be useless to somebody other. You make a curve difficult (aka hard) by e.g. contrabanking in hmap, he did it by PoV. What's difference, please? ;)

I think, that's good job. I just don't like the light brown stripes on roof of houses in left (caused by hmap).

4,8/5
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

i often get quite annoyed with povs that are changed for no reason, if there is nothing in the way blocking viewing of the racing, dont change it imo. but here i quite like the pov, yes it causes a bit of difficulty in the last corner and pits, but its nice to see a change and adds a good sense of racing action like some of ms... tracks, and i like the way this works with the hairpin and its wide exit.

i agree with some comments above, one of your best!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Ivo Porč wrote:What is and what is not reason? :scratch: And what about idea to make the track different (and eo ipso the riding there different too) and to observe cars from unusual angle (like from PoV of a guy in window of a skyscraper next to the track)? Isn't it enough? Isn't it called idea? If it looks useless for you, it may not be useless for other one same like e.g. a your fancy paddock may seem to be useless to somebody other.
You're right, but in fact I do find things like that useless. But I understand if some people find this... fascinating.
Ivo Porč wrote:You make a curve difficult (aka hard) by e.g. contrabanking in hmap, he did it by PoV. What's difference, please? ;)
Very good point, maybe it's just me, I never felt comfortable with low view angles, even after getting used to it. I've had problems with Masa's and future design's tracks because of this reason :shrug:
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

I agree... one of your best, although i personally think Lapidues Valley and Baker Hill Speedway are my favourites from you, (from what i have downloaded from this site)

Keep up the great work, it does indeed look like you will have the majority of my votes in ToM again :P
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you all for detailed comments.
@aleksinir: Trigger Happy got my choice.
I wanted to create something different, this track is like a test.
For the POV, I wanted to add some difficulty to the track, I don't think is useless. It's like the pitlane in your track Prodeezee, someone like it some one not.
Some advice for the layout?