F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will win the 2010 drivers' championship?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Webber
43%
Alonso
28%
Hamilton
No votes
Vettel
25%
Button
5%

Total votes: 40
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Post by Trigger Happy »

Quklis wrote:Cool video, though that would also mean many really injured and death heroes :/
Yes. But it's the point - all the risks and pain are the things, which created hereos from racing drivers. Present F1 generation just takes profit from destiny of their antecedents without sacrificing anything to this reputation. :down:

I think, that if you improve safety of car, you don't need to push so hard on safety of track (and vice versa). All present tracks could have as close walls a Montreal and be as narrow as current Monza with present-safe cars ... In fact F1 should now return on tracks, which were too dangerous for them 15-25 years ago (Brands Hatch, Red Bull Ring etc) - not build new tracks. I think, that safety on track should have only one priority - to keep in safe spectators and marshals/team engineers.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Ivo Porč wrote: I think, that if you improve safety of car, you don't need to push so hard on safety of track (and vice versa). All present tracks could have as close walls a Montreal and be as narrow as current Monza with present-safe cars ... In fact F1 should now return on tracks, which were too dangerous for them 15-25 years ago (Brands Hatch, Red Bull Ring etc) - not build new tracks. I think, that safety on track should have only one priority - to keep in safe spectators and marshals/team engineers.
I think pretty much the same. We have seen how safety cars are today (Kubica in Canada, Webber in Valencia) So there is no need to those Tilke's airfield sized safety areas. And those engine rules are ridiculous. Of course they make out lots of horsepowers but how can we call it motorsport when safety car has a bigger engine than racecars?
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Quite easily, and IndyCars have smaller engines than the safety car. It's not just about the size, but the power per litre - even the Americans know this now. F1 cars have for years had smaller engines than the pace cars.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

For me is not problem size, but power and technical solution - inline 4, 650HP/10 500 rpm + some kers HPs for F1 is boring joke. :really: The old small V12 just few years ago had almost 1000 HP and 22 000 rpm ... :weep:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

i know that they are powerful, but for me the Idea is wrong. 1.6 litre isn't right...
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

Considering that they got some 1300hp out of 1.5l turbos 15 years ago its a joke. At least they´re going back to ground effects :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

So, Korea has finished, dissapointed by the start but happy at the end. Here is a rough race summary:
60 minutes in: the commentators have finally shut up so the race can start but due to heavy rain it is delayed for 10 minutes.
70 minutes in: The race goes on for 4 laps with the safety car but is red flagged.
40 minutes later (110 minutes in): The cars go off again with the safety car leading them until around lap 16.
Lap 18: Nico Rosberg and Mark Webber have a big crash, Alonso just manages to get out of the way.
Lap 25: Luca Di Grassi and Jarno Trulli retire.
Lap 39: vitaly Petrov has a massive crash, completely demolishing his left side. He was dazed heavily.
Lap 45: A major mechanical problem happens for Sebastian Vettels' Red Bull, giving Fernando Alonso the lead and Lewis Hamilton 2nd place. The Ferrari and Mclaren team are happy at Red Bull's bad weekend, causing many a viewer to laugh.
Lap 47: Adrian Sutil and one of the Saubers collide, causing an FIA investigation.
Lap 55: Fernando Alonso wins, Lewis Hamilton in 2nd, Felipe Massa in 3rd, Michael Schumacher in 4th and Robert Kubica in 5th.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Vettel is my favorite driver at the moment :sorry: I guess he has spent too much time with Räikkönen and got some unluck from him. Alonso just can't win the championship in the first year in reds. It's Kimi's job. So I hope that Webber can beat him in last two races
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Turn 16 looked really dangerous. :scared: The floor hits the ground and you loose the downforce and go straight into the wall.
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It is my favourite corner of whole track :p so challanging! :D and with that chicane before finish straght :bg:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

i was getting very frustrated by how long they ran behind the safety car after the red flag, far too long and over precaucious. but otherwise after that i quite enjoyed it!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp... It was an interesting race. It's a good addition to the race calendar, even though the track was falling apart throughout the weekend. The constructors get to change quite a lot of the grass padss at some points.

At first I was getting quite angry with the delays, but then they showed that Korean lady sitting in the rain having just the pamflet to cover her from the rain and I didn't feel that bad after that. So I just went back to bed and listened for the announcement.

Petrov proved again why he shouldn't really be hired again for the next season. He tends to crash at points where no one else would. He tends to crash atleast once during a weekend. And when he crashes, he makes sure the car really gets destroyed.

Trulli was also lost during the whole race. Well, the few laps he raced anyway. All the time just spinning and crashing.

Got to feel bad for Vettel about the bad luck. This race was in his bag, but again Renault (or the transmission, I haven't read the news yet) failed him. But... oh well... I have been quite a lot against him after what happened at Silverstone, so the current results are ok. Now webber just needs to win the remaining races and Alonso lose them and we have a good champion.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

1nsane wrote:Welp... It was an interesting race. It's a good addition to the race calendar, even though the track was falling apart throughout the weekend.
Well IMHO the race was great just because the track was failing. I don't expect same fun in next years. :(

BTW I agre with BBA. :nod:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'm quite confident the race will continue to be interesting even when the track doesn't fail. There seems to be 3 clear overtaking spots, two very good ones and one pretty good one. Obviously these need to be confirmed with a dry race. So we will se propably in a year wether this track really is good or not.

One thing I found incredibly dumb here was the camera placement. Fhy do they have to put the cameras in the end of the 1km long straight and then zoom right to the back. This kills the speed so badly. Yeah, the angles may be more profeessional since they show more cars in one shot, but still. It looks quite boring when it looks like the cars are going 50km/h on the straights.

It's going to be interesting to see what they are going to do with the pitlane entry. It's pretty obvious the drivers don't like it the way it is now. And indeed, it is a pretty danngerous spot. But they can't build an extra road next to the main part. That's where the marina is going to be (in the year 2056). I don't think they want to alter the layout so that the curve will become more tighter, making a longer curve.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

GeneSuomi wrote:Vettel is my favorite driver at the moment :sorry: I guess he has spent too much time with Räikkönen and got some unluck from him. Alonso just can't win the championship in the first year in reds. It's Kimi's job. So I hope that Webber can beat him in last two races
Vettel have always been my favourite driver. I even voted for him here. :D Sadly he didnt win the GP, because hes engine problems... :vsad:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I voted for Webber because he deserves the championship more than Vettel.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Too bad he spinned out... The whole race was full of crashes and car problems. :mrgreen:
...... ಠ_ಠ
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Sutinen wrote: Vettel have always been my favourite driver.
Until this season Vettel has been my #2 favorite. After Räikkönen. Of course I am Kovalainen-fan as well but has been too far from the leaders :mrgreen:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I've never been a Räikkönen fan. Vettel still has time to win the championship so he doesn't have to win the title this year.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Yeah, Webber is a old maker, he deserves to get that medal. Not for Schumi, he has so much championship wins, that he could share them. :D

Oh, and Vettel have became the second fireman of the season. :rofl:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Areen

Post by Areen »

This is a track of the dream for Kubica. I think on of the trackmaster could do this for Generally ; D
tor-kubicy.png
Title: Track for Kubica
Legend: 1st sector - Suzuka
2nd sector - Monza
3rd sector - Monaco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

It would be hard to make.. But every track is created to connect smoothly all sectors and create "complete" track, I think it wouldnt be possible with 3 random sectors. Btw Kubica said those 3 quickly during interview :bg: So thats just a hot news from popular sites..
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

There were many ideas how to combine existing F1 circuits, I remember one by JJ Lehto :) whatever
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Those seem like sort of odd choices to me... it's interesting that those are mostly slow corners, as opposed to for example Hamilton's track, which was almost all fast corners...
I like short, simple signatures!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hehe, I had to give it a go myself. So the parts would obviously have to be of the tracks in the current schedule. This is what I came up with. The parts aren't in their correct sizes, obviously...

So first it would start just like Sepang would start. The cars go through the 1-2-3 complex, getting a nice speed out of the third corner, which creates a challenge out of Maggots and Beckets. But instead of the Chapel corner, the drivers would instead get a little straight just before the S-curves of Suzuka. These are then combined to the very fast right sweeper of Korea, which leads the drivers to the longest straight of the track. After the straight comes the right handers, Ascari and Stewart, of Melbourne. Then the left Prost curve to the left. Then comes the combo-curve, as it is combined from the pieces of Melbourne and Istanbul. Then the demanding left hander of Istanbul. But instead of letting the drivers breath, they instead will have to still turn to the left a little, while going through the Montreal straight. Right after the little straight they get to L'Epingle, a tight hairpin. Finally they get to use the full throttle. They sweep Eau-Rouge while still getting some more speed, right until they get to the multicorner complex of Shangai. An off-camber curve, which should give a nice amount of challenge to the drivers. Then there is the arena complex from Hockenheim. To finish the track of with even more of a challenge, they will steam to the slowest corner of the track, the Grand Hotel Hairpin. Then they get to slam the throttle again and start the next demanding lap.

Weey, I made a tree! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.