ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Finished)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 9 running)

Post by Trigger Happy »

Pity, DXTR. We always made so great fight on track. I hope it will repeat soon.

Great job, GeorgM! :clap:
Big thank you to Crono. :bg:
Alx.it

Post by Alx.it »

Thanks Georg, you did it! :bg:

Best Regards
Alx.it :wave:
Raska

Post by Raska »

Lukeno1 wrote:
Raska wrote:BTW let me know if you need more time, if you couldn't race because of those troubles,... and we'll decide tomorrow.
I think this'll be most people. ;)
Well, actually only four people mentionned the login-troubles and two of them could race already.. Beside that, already 14 drivers taked part and most of you (as me) wait the last day for racing. So, for now the deadline don't change.... I hope we'll be again more than 30 drivers and that you'll be in there. I guess, I can already warn you it'll be a terribly hard race as some hints where said by drivers and IMO it's easy to guess which track it is. A true challenge on the ToM circus this week for everyone. :twisted:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Rich.K

Post by Rich.K »

Just tried logging in on Sunday morning and says this.

Welcome, Rich.K !
There is no compo running at the moment. Please have a look at the thread.

What's that?
This is the page for the ToM Competition where you will get to know which track and car you have to drive, and for uploading your results. Note that if you don't know how it works or if have any questions, then you need to visit the thread!

Will the deadline be this evening or next weekend?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Just tried logging and I got the same message as Rich - could we please get more time before deadline since I'm not sure if I've got time later today?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Same as above, same message here.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

It works again.

It was a small but nice difference between Mysql 4 and 5 :roll:
Rich.K

Post by Rich.K »

Just raced, it took a too long to upload.. sent my files my mail, cannot believe my luck! :compko:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Rich.K wrote:Just raced, it took a too long to upload.. sent my files my mail, cannot believe my luck! :compko:
I had to use email as well but the 30 minutes weren't actually passed when I started trying to upload...
Alx.it

Post by Alx.it »

Just my :2c:
Considering the abovementioned problems and the difficult to determine the exact moment of the upload in case of eMail submission, maybe is better to postpone the deadline by some days, until the "migration" troubles are solved...

Regards
Alx.it :wave:
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

I hate myself :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Now there's the problem that Raska cannot verify the races of dalbom, luketes, Rich.K and TuomoH, because the script didn't save the time (but the date) and this caused the problem. I'm very sorry and hope that all bugs are gone! Otherwise I believe that I have forgotten how programming works :sorry:
Rich.K

Post by Rich.K »

TuomoH wrote:
Rich.K wrote:Just raced, it took a too long to upload.. sent my files my mail, cannot believe my luck! :compko:
I had to use email as well but the 30 minutes weren't actually passed when I started trying to upload...
Interesting, I did think I was within the limits.. I just assumed this took too long to upload what annoyed me on top is that my gmail was loading really slow so had to use my other email to send the files, I did not stopwatch my event just raced, lets all hope for a good outcome after all this... :shrug:
Last edited by Rich.K on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

If you'll postpone the deadline, you don't have to postpone it by a whole week, just 1-2 days should be enough and then continue normally :2c:
Last edited by AleksiNir on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Rich.K wrote:Interesting, I did think I was within the limits.. I just assumed this took too long to upload what annoyed me on top is that my gmail was loading really slow so had to use my other email to send the files, I did not stopwatch my event just raced, lets all hope for a good outcome after all this... :shrug:
I don't think your slow upload has to do with the website bug. At least a really big upload is possible - thanks to my University I could upload the 2,5 MB in less than one second.
akouk

Post by akouk »

I'm trying to recover my password. I've found the original one, but it doesn't work. I think I've changed it, but I don't remember it and I can't find any verification email about it. Does the site have a "forgotten password" option? Otherwise pls email me a password. :trampo:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´d love to hear if deadlione is postponed or not :really: now situation is quite messy :shrug:

EDIT: I raced but I won´t be in top15 for sure because i´ll appear in NWP list :headbang:
Last edited by Mad Dan on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich.K

Post by Rich.K »

GeorgM wrote:
Rich.K wrote:Interesting, I did think I was within the limits.. I just assumed this took too long to upload what annoyed me on top is that my gmail was loading really slow so had to use my other email to send the files, I did not stopwatch my event just raced, lets all hope for a good outcome after all this... :shrug:
I don't think your slow upload has to do with the website bug. At least a really big upload is possible - thanks to my University I could upload the 2,5 MB in less than one second.
Ok good stuff, I am sure I was within the actual time limit, just did panic it took about a minute to upload and the nature of this event made me assume to believe what I read once uploaded!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

akouk wrote:I'm trying to recover my password. I've found the original one, but it doesn't work. I think I've changed it, but I don't remember it and I can't find any verification email about it. Does the site have a "forgotten password" option? Otherwise pls email me a password. :trampo:
Same here :sweatdrop:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Raced. :sick: Will wait for the next round.
maclape

Post by maclape »

Just raced...what to say, a victory won't be unexpected, a last place won't be unexpected :roflmao:
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

I don't know the opinion of Raska, but I think it's better to postpone it. So...

:arrow: Announcement: Round 9 runs at least until tomorrow midnight (Monday) ! If it lasts even longer is the decision of Raska.

@akouk and LongBow: Check your emails. If you need a new password, you can contact any ToM staff member.

For notice: At Tueseday I'll have an exam, so I'll do only the very most important for ToM (like postponing, which is no problem!)
Raska

Post by Raska »

Damn I hoped there wouldn't be more troubles..
GeorgM wrote:I don't know the opinion of Raska, but I think it's better to postpone it. So...

:arrow: Announcement: Round 9 runs at least until tomorrow midnight (Monday) ! If it lasts even longer is the decision of Raska.

@akouk and LongBow: Check your emails. If you need a new password, you can contact any ToM staff member.

For notice: At Tueseday I'll have an exam, so I'll do only the very most important for ToM (like postponing, which is no problem!)
:nod: With all those troubles, it's better to postpone at least until tomorrow midnight. I guess, it'll be enough (we should be at least 32 drivers)... btw I've sent new passwords too at akouk & LongBow... :sweatdrop:

Checking my mails... ok I've received the mails from Luketes, Rich.K, TuomoH and dalbom. Sorry for the delay and thanks again GeorgM for your work... hopefully you were here today. ;)

EDIT : Of course if one day more is not enough particularly for alexsara79, akouk, LongBow and Pierlerally we could gave them another day or even a week... I'm sure nobody wants to see the conclusion of the TitanAlex's wars without alexsara.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
alexwolf79

Post by alexwolf79 »

....Race Done.....thanks for postponing the Deadline....
....but RACE very HARD....and for me , i think BAD RACE.... :sorry:
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

alexsara79 wrote:....Race Done.....thanks for postponing the Deadline....
....but RACE very HARD....and for me , i think BAD RACE.... :sorry:
Don't worry, I think a lot of drivers had problems here.
My race was also horrible, the track is interesting but more training is needed to do a good race.
akouk

Post by akouk »

:doh: oh boy, looking at the fuel at the last lap I thought the race had 2 more to go...
yep, you guessed it, I stopped for refuel just before the finish line :roflmao:
(I was really pissed off, but it's stupid funny!)