F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will be the 2012 Driver's Champion?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Sebastian Vettel
35%
Mark Webber
No votes
Jenson Button
23%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Fernando Alonso
23%
Felipe Massa
3%
Kimi Räikkönen
10%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Other, who?
No votes

Total votes: 31
1nsane

Re: F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Post by 1nsane »

Well, the penalty is all the better for Räikkönen, because now there's one less lunatic to watch out in the start. Hoping for Kimi to win, but it's going to be hard if Button keeps the same pace as he had in the qualies.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Actually I'd say now it's worse for Räikkönen. Previously he had both the lunatics in front of him on eyes, so basically under control. Now with one moved in row just behind his rear he can only wait, what will come into mirrors - if alonso or the battering ram - and in that moment may be already too late to save it anyhow. :-D
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Anyone else find it suspicious/weird that Maldonado got a 3-place penalty to put him by Hamilton? :rofl:
Reh

Post by Reh »

Well, what about Webber's gearbox change? :P
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That's not suspicious though, as Webber said, it was obviously going to happen after the previous race.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Trigger Happy wrote:Actually I'd say now it's worse for Räikkönen. Previously he had both the lunatics in front of him on eyes, so basically under control. Now with one moved in row just behind his rear he can only wait, what will come into mirrors - if alonso or the battering ram - and in that moment may be already too late to save it anyhow. :-D
Lukeno94 wrote:Anyone else find it suspicious/weird that Maldonado got a 3-place penalty to put him by Hamilton? :rofl:
They're trying to replicate 1998. :hot:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

1nsane wrote:They're trying to replicate 1998. :hot:
They had a good go at it didnt they... Glad erveryone was ok, it looked very nasty!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Jenson deserved the victory and Vettel had a great comeback. Moreover, Kimi is on the podium. cheerleader: cheerleader:

Shame Schumi lost his 6th gear though, he had had a great race in his jubilee. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, haven't seen that many cars getting some air in a while. Apparently Alonso was hit in the head by Grosjean's car (well, according to the finnish commentators anyways), so luckily nothing happened to him either.

Renault just needs to change their engine provider (ehe, hehe) to Mercedes. Both Red Bull and Renault were awfully slow on the straights all the time and it can't be just down to the setup.

Overall a nice finishing order, although I'd rather have seen the same order as when the safety car left with the Force India on podium. ;)
And finally an entertaining race from the beginning to the end after a bit of a while.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

1nsane wrote: Apparently Alonso was hit in the head by Grosjean's car (well, according to the finnish commentators anyways),
So it's more likely that nothing hit him :D
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Okey, seems that Grosjean got 50 000$ fines and one race ban.
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Ban is unfair, yes it was silly but was it worse than some incidents in last few years that did not get a ban (Schumacher on Barrichello in Hungary to name one)
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Grosjean made a silly mistake but to be honest, things like that happen after start when its crowded into so sharp corner. Yes Alonso could have been injured badly if the car had hit his head :nod:.
But generally these decisions are killing the racing imho...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

On contrary I think this very well chosen penalty call. And should be given more often for most silly moves.

My apologize to Grosjean for omitting his capabilities in yesterday considering various options of brain-less torpedos for today's start.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

GeneSuomi wrote:
1nsane wrote: Apparently Alonso was hit in the head by Grosjean's car (well, according to the finnish commentators anyways),
So it's more likely that nothing hit him :D
Hehe, yeah.. Looking at some of the pictures now, there was still a lot of room between the car and the head. Typical Oskari Saari, then.. :P Grosjean's car did get awfully close to Alonso's hand though. Kinda turned my stomach around on that onboard.

Looking at the crash now it's actually quite amazing Kobayashi managed to drive through the complete race, considering the others literally drove over him in the start. Some other drivers would propably have just parked the car right there.

I guess the stewards' "cup just filled" with Grosjean's start crashes. He did the similar kind of error of not looking around during the start earlier in the season. Grosjean can be lucky that the team owner is also his manager. Otherwise he could be sitting the rest of the season on the sidelines.
Although it makes you wonder why they haven't given the same penalty to Maldonado yet, since he managed to get three penalties on this weekend alone.. :scratch:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

They did. Maldonado has a 10 place grid drop. Never saw the incident with Glock though!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yes, they gave just a 10 place grid drop. That's what I meant with 3 penalties. (Well, the first one being the one in qualies). It's just starting to get to a bit ridiculous with the amount of penalties he keeps on racking on pretty much every race. One race ban would give him some time to think what is the reason for all of these penalties. (Hint: It's not the others, or the car.)

As for the crash with Glock, you could replay his comments from either the previous race where "My car just understeered a bit and it hit the other car" or his comment from UK race where "My car just oversteered a little and hit the other car a bit". So yeah, in the restart when going to the hairpin he locked the brakes and understeered to Glock.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Interesting thing i read on twitter, In only three rounds this year has Maldonado not picked up a single penalty all weekend, not sure which ones though...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, aside from the Spanish GP... I'd guess maybe Australia where he just did it all by himself and... Uhh... Ehh...

And you could actually roll the interview from Valencia: "He just turned in on me and I had nowhere to go".
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Surprised nothing was said about Vettel swerving right towards two people in the Bus Stop...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

That's because no accident happened and no real harm whatsoever. So good clean passes.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

So hey, while we're waiting for the next race to begin, let's have a fun little guessing game!

As you all know, the biggest rumour of the last race was that Hamilton might be moving to Mercedes. They also said Massa could still stay at Ferrari. But the list of drivers rumoured to take his seat would fill a whole new series itself. Webber and Vettel both have a contract for the next season, but as we all know, contracts mean nothing in F1.

So... Try to predict the seats of The Big Five Teams! As in:

Red Bull
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

McLaren
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Ferrari
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Lotus
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Mercedes
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Then, once the season is over, or once the seats have been confirmed, we can come back and see how we managed. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Detail, why to guess seats, where already are signed or still running contracts like Alonso, Vettel, Webber, Button or Räikkönen? ;)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Because there have been rumours that if Hamilton moves to Mercedes, Räikkönen could jump to McLaren. Heck, even Vettel has been rumoured to move to Ferrari. That's what I meant with contracts meaning practically nothing in F1. Pretty much the only seats which are somewhat confirmed are Alonso, Webber and Button.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

1nsane wrote:Heck, even Vettel has been rumoured to move to Ferrari. That's what I meant with contracts meaning practically nothing in F1.
But articles in Bild and similar junks mean even less. They should have instead of front page headline a similar warning about brain damage like cigarette boxes about lung cancer. :mrgreen: