OffRoad Motor Sports *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: OffRoad Motor Sports *spoiler*

Post by Mad Dan »

Yes I know but Prodrive/Subaru cars weren´t really good in the last years....
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

but surely that was down to the car being out dated rather than the team not being good enough
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Knowing the amount of dedication BMW put in the F1 team, yeah, Mini might disappear in 2012 even if it was somehow competitive. Unfortunately I also think they won't be very fast. But I guess we'll find out very soon.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

1nsane wrote:Knowing the amount of dedication BMW put in the F1 team, yeah, Mini might disappear in 2012 even if it was somehow competitive. Unfortunately I also think they won't be very fast. But I guess we'll find out very soon.
BMW are not running the team, they've just licenced the use of the cars to Prodrive
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

But I'm quite sure BMW is still helping in funding the R&D. And they are building the base chassis. How long will they want to keep on building chassis that proves to not handle as well as they want to.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

about 40 minutes to start of 1st special stage of Rally Sweden :D :trampo:. I know it is only short stage for spectators but anyway :D, I´m very curious about PG Andersson who is "black horse" of this rally, also Petter should be fast.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Anyone else watching the Power Stage?

WTF??? Chris Patterson driving Solberg's car???
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m waiting for some more informations about reason :shrug:.
Last edited by Mad Dan on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I've heared he's had his licence takenn away for speeding.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

He lost driving licence on Friday for speeding (I guess between two special stages :scratch:) and he could drive in next 48 hours and that ended before power stage so he let Chris Patterson drive ;)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Räikkönen and some other 2 drivers (not WRC) also got speeding tickets :mrgreen: Räikkönen did 92 km/h and Solberg did about 115 km/h, and the speed limit was 80 km/h in that place.

The Sweden's rally was a nice start to the season, and it's very nice to see the Finns fast for a change. :bsmile:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Haha, well they better be fast on snow, or all hope for the rest of the season would be lost. :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I am requesting anyone who speak by language which I don´t. I have no idea if it is Japan or Chinese or else :shrug:. It is this article about new WRC can Toyota Yaris

http://img01.carview.co.jp/minkara/blog ... 056/P1.jpg
Alex

Post by Alex »

Web suffix: .jp so it is japanese :bg:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp... I tried to look at it with my veeeeeery basic skills and, uhh... Either I am horribly wrong or they are not liking the car. :D
Anyways, this is what I got:
(kanji, kanji) vuitsu tsuha homo(kanji/mouth)gemashin?
->(kanji, kanji) vitz is one gay mouth machine?
-> Isn't Vitz one... well... mouth opening machine?

kono, monosugoku (kanji, kanji, kanji) na (kanji, kanji, kanji, kanji) ga .... tonikaku kina kusai!
this, terribly (kanji) named (kanji) will ... somehow kina stink
kina would be some english word "japanized". I can't come up with any word it could represent, though.

But in the end, I don't think this was much of help.. :D

I tried to look that page for the piece of news if it would have been in an easier form, but couldn't find it...
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino are possibly the luckiest guys in motorsport at the moment!

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Nice show by Ken. Like always. :bg: :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

The last race proved again why it is so stupid to have the normal starting order for saturday and sunday. Sure, it keeps all the drivers in a bunch, but seriously... There's no point when the drivers practically stop their cars for half a minute just so they don't need to start first. It kinda loses the whole spirit of racing for the first two days.
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

1nsane wrote:The last race proved again why it is so stupid to have the normal starting order for saturday and sunday. Sure, it keeps all the drivers in a bunch, but seriously... There's no point when the drivers practically stop their cars for half a minute just so they don't need to start first. It kinda loses the whole spirit of racing for the first two days.
That's absolutely right. Citroen knows how to do it and Ford keeps always crying about how citroen use their strategy... It should be another system, maybe another class should be first, then a littile pause (because WRC cars will catch slower cars quicker) and then WRC's turn.

And this year tyre seems to be very bad. Too many punctures.
My signature was too long.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

There is real battle between Ogier, Loeb and Latvala at last stages of Jordan Rally :D.
If you have time at 14:00 GMT follow this link and watch live TV coverage of powerstage online :bg:.
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports
Reh

Post by Reh »

Dan Hakulín wrote:There is real battle between Ogier, Loeb and Latvala at last stages of Jordan Rally :D.
[...]
kinda like Loeb vs. Grönholm at any rallye a few years ago, great thing :nod:
also the domination of loeb is over, which i think is good...
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

This weekend we will see MINI WRC in action at Rally Italia Sardegna :D. I hope they will appear as fast as ford/citroen.

Also VW announces plan of entering WRC with Polo WRC, informations will be after current press conference
sad thing is that this is going to "kill" škoda fabia S2000 in year or two....

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dan Hakulín wrote:sad thing is that this is going to "kill" škoda fabia S2000 in year or two....
I don't think so. I think, that this car is just re-badged (new external panels, lights etc) car with new engine taken from Mladá Boleslav's development team and transferred to central for further development. Of course I don't think, that VW will admit it from from PR reasons (maybe even will strictly deny it on some occasions). So I think, that the Fabia project somehow will continue, just out of influence of the enthusiastic guys, who made it from nothing against silent displeasure of the headquarters.Otherwise yes, this can be for a time the end of Škoda in sport. Unless they will send Yetties on Dakar. :rofl:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Ok, Škoda maybe gets 1,6T engine for Fabia (AFAIK they already have it by Oreca) to make Fabia S2000 1,6T (how stupid is that name :D) to meet current S2000 specifications.
But it definetly won´t be WRC car.

And yes, Polo WRC is Fabia with different silhouette
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's a big shame if/when that happens. Skoda has always been the rallycar, whicle WV has been... Well... Maybe a Dakar car or something, but definitely not a WRC-class racer. Way to go at killing the (well, a bit small) history.