GR Touring Car World Cup [Login] [Race] [Hotlap]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Buka

Re: GR Touring Car World Cup [Login] [Race] [Hotlap]

Post by Buka »

Lukeno94 wrote:the login for everyone else, who doesn't contact me with a valid request, will end on Friday, as normal
Lukeno94 wrote:Deadline: 22nd August, 23:59 UK time.
:shhh:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

*headdesk* Thanks, Buka. fixed now :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, a little over 48 hours remaining, and I've had three times so far. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Just over 24 hours left, and we have six times so far. Don't forget to race guys!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Glad I make my race and not rushed in taking stuffs like the screenshot and the replay :D

Though performance-wise, I felt like 4 seconds slower than one of my training runs, but that definitely isn't my worst though. So many hits made because sunlight is blocking my view and I might not set my brightness high enough (yet I thought I can't set it too high...). Oh well, this street circuit isn't my strong point either, but I definitely hope the best for Team [R]G :v
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Glad to hear that :) I'm not able to evaluate any of the races as I'm away at the moment, so the fact puttz needs extra time is quite convenient (I can't race until tomorrow myself). Anyway, hopefully I'll get flooded with times as the day goes on! :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

OK. Given that I cannot process the results anyway until tomorrow night, a couple of people require extra time, and the fact that the number of runners isn't as high as I'd hoped at present, I am officially moving the deadline until 23:59 tomorrow night. The qualifying session will not be altered to accommodate this, so that'll be a day shorter. :) Apologies for any inconvenience caused, but I hope you understand why I've done this!
kuba

Post by kuba »

That saves me, I was just about to start practicing before race ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

We've had a couple more runners since, but not quite the epic amount we had in qualifying :)
kuba

Post by kuba »

Luckily, no crash.

Lukeno94, can you publish results wit no spoilers? So it will be possible to watch replays first.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm not sure what you mean by that :) I won't be posting the results until puttz has done his run, which will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

Round 2: Race of the USA qualifying
Race start: 25th August, 9 am UK time
Deadline: 30th August, 23:59 UK time. Can be negotiated to being a bit later if required.

If you need to double-check the rules, please do so, but I will remind you that this is a 3 lap session, with no AI, and you have your race time, plus 5 minutes, to submit your session. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the Team's carpack, else you may risk disqualification by not using your car from within that. If there is a website issue at any time, leave it for 5 minutes, and try again.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'm mean that you are posting result's table in spoiler tag or as url, so everyone who wants to see replays without knowing results can do it easily.

It was done that way in PGR F1 season, e.g. http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 441#p80441

It can be done for Qualifying too - I'm asking now, because I watch replays only from races. ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Ah, I see what you mean :) I'll do that if I remember.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay Luke, my race is run (although not very well, I'm afraid :ouch: )
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

So, after puttz's run, we can now release the results!
If you want to listen to me commentating on the results, go here. Replays are online here..
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Street Circuits were never my good side. Hopefully the US round is better, where BTW I'll race with special livery :shhh:
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Well, 11th place from a DNQ start... Not bad... :)

This time I have to improve though because the series goes to the circuits from now on...

puttz

Post by puttz »

Umm, so, not that this would change my results, but I never saw anywhere that it was specified how or even that we had to place ourselves in a specific starting position. Usually compos with qualifying have the tracks made with proper starting grid positions for each driver. I just assumed that we used the default setting, put our driver in the first slot followed by the AIs, and the track would have the correct starting grid on it. I don't appear to be the only one who assumed that :? A little more clarity in the rules for such an important thing would be nice, I haven't been able to find anywhere that the starting grid procedure is listed, either in this thread or the series site.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I followed what the PGR F1 had done in terms of grid positions. And, although it isn't listed on the website (which I shall fix ASAP), it *was* listed in the thread, in a post that you'll almost certainly have read, as it contained the qualifying results as well as the race's login info! :)

"If you qualified in the top 5, you must start the race from your grid position. If you finished sixth or below, you must start from sixth. :)"
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yes, I did see that post, but it doesn't explain how we are supposed to put ourselves in that position. I assumed that the track would place drivers in the correct starting position since you had never explained the procedure.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I don't see how I needed to explain it? I stated that if you qualified in the top 5, you need to start from that position, otherwise, you need to start sixth. That means you put your driver in the relevant place when you select yourself and the AI. :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Lukeno94 wrote:I don't see how I needed to explain it? I stated that if you qualified in the top 5, you need to start from that position, otherwise, you need to start sixth. That means you put your driver in the relevant place when you select yourself and the AI. :)
Or maybe go to Savegame Editor and place yourself in the right position you're qualified at? I knew this would solve puttz's probs... :)

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That would also work, yes. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

In case you want the replays to show everyone, only Savegame Editor is acceptable since only the player in the first slot can be merged in the replay if I'm not mistaken. ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I can't get the savegame merger to work at all anyway, hence why the replay zip is 10 MB for the race :rofl: