GR FormulaCup S4 by IGRL [Race]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
zgr

Re: GR FormulaCup S4 by IGRL [Race]

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer99 wrote:This wasn't one of my best races, but I had some problems with it. Let's hope, that Sunlake will make me better. (I'm fast on Street circuits) :)
I trained so hard on this track, I eben downloaded the race from 2012 (Season 3), where Reh won... It helped me a lot to look where I can race faster :goodvibes:
Hello.
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Maybe I should try something like that because I only look rarely at the replays
zgr

Post by zgr »

Daniel Rosenberger wrote:Maybe I should try something like that because I only look rarely at the replays
You should do that, it really helped me a lot with some races :bg:

But Sunlake will be very hard for me, I don't like street-circuits :?
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I have 3 questions:
- why in replay am I seeing myself little in front of you, zgr, at the finish line?
- isn't driving outside the track forbidden? I know it was faster to go wide in first corner and "someone" did that 3 times.
- according to Game Analyser your best lap was 2nd one and I see during that lap I overtake you - how is that possible?
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:I have 2 questions:
- why in replay am I seeing myself little in front of you, zgr, at the finish line?
- isn't driving outside the track forbidden? I know it was faster to go wide in first corner and "someone" did that 3 times.
1. I don't really know why it is so, after I watched the replay I could not explain that :scared: I mean i can send you my race and your race, when you merge it you see the same like in this replay, i don't know why
2. I know, but many drivers did that and in my opinion it's not really advantageous when you drive on the grass or sand, because on sand you slow down and on grass you just have no good grip... but because so many drivers did that i don't really wanted to make a penalty...

btw, with "someone" you mean me?

3. I was the ZegarekPower with the blue helmet, you overtook JoBi ;) you can see that the 2nd was maybe my fastest lap but there i closed the gap to you and jobi ;)
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

zgr wrote:in my opinion it's not really advantageous when you drive on the grass or sand, because on sand you slow down and on grass you just have no good grip.
The advantage is you don't have to slow that much before the first corner and you have more speed, or when you make mistake by going narrow in first corner if you would break you lose more time - I had few laps below 22s during practise and half of them was while going too wide in first corner.
zgr wrote:with "someone" you mean me?
Yes.

I remember asking you about racing over track limits and I assumed that for non-login competition it is fine to make one mistake, but not more - every time I went outside the track for the second time I have restarted my race.

Especially on 5th lap, when you went to wide, if you tried to avoid it you'd lose some - as it founds out - valuable time. Driveing wide allowed you to not lose time because of a mistake.

Can you publish our separate replays?
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:
zgr wrote:with "someone" you mean me?
Yes.

I remember asking you about racing over track limits and I assumed that for non-login competition it is fine to make one mistake, but not more - every time I went outside the track for the second time I have restarted my race.

Especially on 5th lap, when you went to wide, if you tried to avoid it you'd lose some - as it founds out - valuable time. Driveing wide allowed you to not lose time because of a mistake.
Marsh Creek.gif
Marsh Creek.gif (10.29 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
I think you mean this, right?

Well I practise often in Marsh and I really often restart the race...but I said, many drivers went often on the sand, and when you look carefully or try it yourself, you see that your car lose speed only slows down, so i thought that when you drive on sand it's a mistake, but not a manoeuver where you even win time, for me there was no difference between slow down to making the turn right and race over the sand, because this cars lose some speed when they drive over it...also i only remember the 1st and 5th lap where are made that mistake...

About race over track limits I remebered your question, in fact it really hard to find the right way, when it's okay and when not... if there wouldn't be sand but tarmac, i would say it's an illegal "short-cut", but with the sand, as i already said, it's no advantage, because you will lose speed, as well as you slow down because you don't want to drive over sand...

That's my opinion...

What the other drivers say to this point?

Double Post:
Marsh Creek2.gif
Marsh Creek2.gif (10.41 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
You see the blue and red line? Almost EVERY driver (expect Gzehoo, Ivaneurope and BekkerRacing) drove on the blue line (grass)
There are 11 drivers who drove on the red line (7 of them twice), means there used a wide line, BUT everyone lose some speed (somebody overtook them, they lost the gap, etc.), because they drove over sand
It don't really think that it's worth a penalty on this track (or this race)... but first let me hear other opinions :)
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

On the 5th lap you went narrow on enter to first corner - if you try to avoid going outside the track by slowing down so you would lose pace and therefore time in next chicane instead you had continued to push acceleration button, you went wide, but you kept your pace - and that the advantage.

I know it's often hard when it's come to cutting, what's why in GRID hat-trick put the soft walls in controversial places - putting one after first corner would solve the problem.
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:On the 5th lap you went narrow on enter to first corner - if you try to avoid going outside the track by slowing down so you would lose pace and therefore time in next chicane instead you had continued to push acceleration button, you went wide, but you kept your pace - and that the advantage.

I know it's often hard when it's come to cutting, what's why in GRID hat-trick put the soft walls in controversial places - putting one after first corner would solve the problem.
Yes, I understand you, but I tried to go hard on limit, and when i'm on sand I'm either way lose some speed, that means I can't drive the next chicane with top speed, if you know what I'm mean...

It's a very hard decision, when it's an advantage or not...in some point maybe it's an advantage when you made a wider line and drove over grass...

For the next time I should put in more sunk tyres oder soft walls like in GRID :doh:
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Do you have any idea why the replay show different order that it's in standings? I still see myself winning the race in there.
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:Do you have any idea why the replay show different order that it's in standings? I still see myself winning the race in there.
I don't know it, I see you winning the race, too, on the replay :shrug: I can't really explain that

Check your pm kuba, I sent you my race
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

That's weird, anyone can explain it?

I've watched the replays, saw myself winning, even when I saw the results I thought "wow, that was close, I won by 0.06" and the I go to see full results table I'm second. And later I see that while I was racing on-track all the time no penalties for going outside the track.

I still claim that on lap 5 when you went wide to avoid loosing speed, slowing down would cost you more than 0.06.
kuba

Post by kuba »

One more thing - I looked at your save game file - it's fine, but I see "last modified date" at ‏15:15 on Monday - have you been racing after deadline? And have you been aware of our time when you were racing? You have created merged replays 19 minutes after your best race, according to it's "last modified date".
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Glad that I'm back on form; another Top 50% finish... Sad that my teammate couldn't score points again... :(
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

The effect of different 'results' in replay and absolute time is well known in other
competitions, even if results are very close. One reason may be the algorithm in
GR-Rally of calculating collision between car and finish line. There may be rounding
differences when cars crossing the line at different positions and even finish line
is in oblique angel in landscape.

Another reason is the point, that replay saves frames only every 0.05s (FrameStep = 5
in gr.ini). Therefore data in replay (Lap Times in GameAnalyser or Merged Replays)
is always unsharp about 0.05s.

Leaving track could be an advantage. This point should be defined in the rules.
On the other hand it is unpractical to count the Leaving-Track-Faults for all racers
and give punishments. The best way is to give free race on the track, but if necessary
track should be updated with more narrow checkpoints. I remember these problems in PGR-F1 ... :roll:

To be Organizer and Racer in a competition is an other problem I remember from PGR-F1.
Especially if you have the ambition to win some races there might be doubts by the other
racers. One way to avoid doubts could be to race early (Saturday) and sent files to a
racer who has already finished or post your files in forum in the 'Remember-Deadline-Post'
(to hide the racetime, the files should be zipped and encrypted, password given later in results).

But remember, this competition is just for fun.
Glad to get first podium by improving my Saturday BestRace on late Sunday by 0,2s :goodvibes:
zgr

Post by zgr »

majortom wrote:The effect of different 'results' in replay and absolute time is well known in other
competitions, even if results are very close. One reason may be the algorithm in
GR-Rally of calculating collision between car and finish line. There may be rounding
differences when cars crossing the line at different positions and even finish line
is in oblique angel in landscape.

Another reason is the point, that replay saves frames only every 0.05s (FrameStep = 5
in gr.ini). Therefore data in replay (Lap Times in GameAnalyser or Merged Replays)
is always unsharp about 0.05s.

Leaving track could be an advantage. This point should be defined in the rules.
On the other hand it is unpractical to count the Leaving-Track-Faults for all racers
and give punishments. The best way is to give free race on the track, but if necessary
track should be updated with more narrow checkpoints. I remember these problems in PGR-F1 ... :roll:

To be Organizer and Racer in a competition is an other problem I remember from PGR-F1.
Especially if you have the ambition to win some races there might be doubts by the other
racers. One way to avoid doubts could be to race early (Saturday) and sent files to a
racer who has already finished or post your files in forum in the 'Remember-Deadline-Post'
(to hide the racetime, the files should be zipped and encrypted, password given later in results).

But remember, this competition is just for fun.
Glad to get first podium by improving my Saturday BestRace on late Sunday by 0,2s :goodvibes:
Okay, so it's good that the problem with the finish-photo is solved :sweatdrop:

So now about the track-leaving:
Next time I wil check every single track with same problems, i know it's a really annoying and bad thing right now...
My probelm is now, that if I get a penalty, the other drivers should get one, too, and that's really sad at this moment :vsad: because it would be unfair IMO when I'm the only driver who gets a penalty... To be honest, I think a penalty for everybody is unneccessary, but if you want, i can start from P4 in Sunlake, this means a little penalty for next race...

And of course I'm not aware of the results of other drivers, that's not fun to me when i can "control" my races.
What do you think about the 5th lap and my wide line? It's a really hard decision to make after that race right now
Last edited by zgr on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Probably, the same problem was in Speedway GP.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
kuba

Post by kuba »

After all it's not login competition - you can replay many times when you make mistake - I'd say 0.5s or 1s penalty for each clear leaving track.
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:After all it's not login competition - you can replay many times when you make mistake - I'd say 0.5s or 1s penalty for each clear leaving track.
From now or should I eit the results of Marsh again?
Well, there will be plenty of penalties (11 drivers) when I have to edit the race :shock:

I start a poll, please vote here: http://generally-formulacup.webnode.com

VOTE TO 26TH NOVEMBER 12:00
Hello.
zgr

Post by zgr »

POLL IS OVER!!

I gave every driver, who made that mistake a penalty of 0.5 seconds for every wrongful act

The drivers who get a penalty of 1.0 seconds:
Beowulf
J.R.
JoBi
WinCar
Zegarek
The drivers who get a penatly of 0.5 seconds:
Daniel Rosenberger
Hannuka
Majortom
Mucha
Np2003
Rendy
Changes:
Kuba and Zegarek swap positions in Marsh
Beowulf and Np2003 change positions in Marsh

Results here:
http://generally-formulacup.webnode.com ... a10-marsh/
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

People without penalty. (Fairness level: :shaking: )
Kuba
RobertRacer
The Carter
Gzehoo
BekkerRacing
Ivaneurope
zgr wrote:For the next time I should put in more sunk tyres oder soft walls like in GRID :doh:
@zgr: +1.
But this isn't the only method, but the 101% functional way. For next season you could at the cars increase the slowdown value and decrease the grip value for Grass, so that Short-cutting would be slower. But driver errors would be also punished hard. Or, you could add at places of possible short-cutting snow, like at Antrim (there it was very slippy.). Also a list with examples of Short-Cutting/Penalties could be useful. :)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer99 wrote:People without penalty. (Fairness level: :shaking: )
Kuba
RobertRacer
The Carter
Gzehoo
BekkerRacing
Ivaneurope
zgr wrote:For the next time I should put in more sunk tyres oder soft walls like in GRID :doh:
@zgr: +1.
But this isn't the only method, but the 101% functional way. For next season you could at the cars increase the slowdown value and decrease the grip value for Grass, so that Short-cutting would be slower. But driver errors would be also punished hard. Or, you could add at places of possible short-cutting snow, like at Antrim (there it was very slippy.). Also a list with examples of Short-Cutting/Penalties could be useful. :)

Fairness level is a bit too hard, I don't think that anybody wanted to be unfair ;)

I just will test the cars (grip on grass, sand) so this won't happened again next season ;) the tracks will also be "safer" and the rules will be changed :bg:
Sorry again for this stressful situation :scared:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Re: GR FormulaCup S4 [Race]

Post by RobertRacer »

Table 2015 wrote:ZegarekPower BMW Zegarek
zgr wrote:So I will present the new ZEGAREKPOWER ZP003
It's sponsored by RedBull and Audi ;)
ZegarekPower ZP003.jpg
I thought, you will drive with Audi engine in 2015?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
zgr

Re: GR FormulaCup S4 [Race]

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer99 wrote:
Table 2015 wrote:ZegarekPower BMW Zegarek
zgr wrote:So I will present the new ZEGAREKPOWER ZP003
It's sponsored by RedBull and Audi ;)
ZegarekPower ZP003.jpg
I thought, you will drive with Audi engine in 2015?
I change it for 2015 :)
For this season I use Audi, for the next season BMW ;)
Hello.
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Are there already more infos about next season