[gtc] GeneRally Motorsport (GRM) - R3 physics test

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

[gtc] GeneRally Motorsport (GRM) - R3 physics test

Post by Haruna »

Haruna Say presents...
GeneRally Motorsport
- Goodsmile Racing Porsche 996 GT3-RSR Demo -

So what's with the new title?
Don't want Microsoft ripping my nuts off.

What's so different between this and the FMGR Project?
Totally new tyre and cornering balance physics. The FMGR cars, irrespective of being F/FWD or R/RWD, were always cornering heavily and were difficult to force into oversteer. This heavy feeling is actually a little unrealistic when you consider that the only reason why cars can corner smooth is down to the driver's input. Which is exactly why I reworked the physics.

This is the next step in realistic feeling and challenge. Feel the turn-in understeer as you try foolishly to take hairpins at full speed and oversteering on corner exit sends you off the road as the sand trap tears away the last bit of ego you had. Much like a real racing car, these 40-polygon monsters take no prisoners, and require absolute mastery of smooth cornering and throttle input to outrun AI drivers.

Not scared off yet?

No - So what car is in this download?

The Porsche 996 GT3-RSR that was raced in the SuperGT 2010 season by GoodSmile Racing. Although it has a strange livery, being that the 996 model is one of the better GT2 cars in it's day, GSR's GT3-RSR is a very capable car. Due to the rear engine, rear wheel drive layout, you will find that this car is extremely rear heavy. Drive smooth.

Specifications:
Performance Index - R3-1000
Torque (nM): 405 nm
Engine type: 3.6 litre boxer-6
Weight (kg): 1150 kilograms
Drivetrain: Rear engine, rear wheel drive
Tyres (F/R, mm): 290 mm (F) / 300 mm (R) racing slicks
Attachments
grms-gsr996.zip
(981 Bytes) Downloaded 219 times
grms-gsr996.PNG
grms-gsr996.PNG (3.04 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Sutinen

Re: GeneRally Motorsport (GRM) - R3 physics test

Post by Sutinen »

R3 class? :wow: It looks great, it is great. So this can spin out in corners and you have to brake before corners? :heyea:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Well, It feels good bt still not enough acceleration at my taste... Actually, this should have quite lot of wheel spin at start, right? It don't like the physics but model is nice. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Physic is good imho (maybe little bit less balance?), but more bother me bugs of windows. :shrug:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote:Physic is good imho (maybe little bit less balance?), but more bother me bugs of windows. :shrug:
Agree for the interior/window and I tested with some physics generated by the prog of mine in the realistic tutorial thread and it's quite better IMO since the balance is bit less high and the grip is lower too... Makes great racing :)
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Hmm... I'm sorry to say, but I think the old FMGR GRM physics were funner and more realistic... also, this seems to be much, much slower then all of the previous R3 cars (I'm not that bad at driving drifty cars, right?)...
I like short, simple signatures!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

bduddy wrote:this seems to be much, much slower then all of the previous R3 cars (I'm not that bad at driving drifty cars, right?)...
I can't say anything for your driving because I don't know how you drive - but this is much slower than the FMGR R3s because the PI limit for R3s (1000) in GRM is much, much lower than FMGR's limit (1200).

There might be cars which will suit you better... this one is very dynamic.
Sutinenn wrote:R3 class? :wow: It looks great, it is great. So this can spin out in corners and you have to brake before corners? :heyea:
While you cannot spin out, overdoing slides will slow the car down greatly. If you happen to go off into the grass or a sand trap while this is happening, you will glide across the surface, even into the wall if there is not enough room/you do not react quickly enough to save the car.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion