[cpk] [ser] [tou] 2010 British Touring Car Championship

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[cpk] [ser] [tou] 2010 British Touring Car Championship

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes, I'm finally releasing this! Enjoy! :) I've tried to make team-mates differ from each other by using creativeness with the paintschemes (where two colours could've been picked, for example), also there's a fair variation in physics, although all are balanced. Enjoy and please comment!

Performance Index Values (new comparison, uses 3 tests: top speed at Aujeurres by BBA, a tarmac lap at Japko by Dan Hakulin, and finally a rally stage time at Tunezja SS1 by Ben Buitendijk, the latter two multiplied by 100)

Top Speed = 184.40 km/h
Tarmac = 845
Rally Stage = 5261

Times set in Tom Chilton's car.
Attachments
2010 BTCC.png
BTCC 2010.rar
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
dead14vii1640

Re: 2010 British Touring Car Championship by Lukeno1

Post by dead14vii1640 »

My :2c:
Having one more replica about any 2010 season series is always good but the I don't like very much the behavior of the cars. In my opinion, the top speed is just too low (190-210kph would be perfect) and the handling is not close to previous touring car replicas so I feel quite strange when driving them.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
mikeact

Post by mikeact »

Thank you friend for the cars, excellent behavior, principally in the curves, and the final speed is perfect, in the long straight lines, allows to this speed to calculate the radiuses of drafts in the curves or at the moment of spending(passing) a car and in the tracks with curves of stopped to zero, I meet a good time of brake in the cars. Another excellent delivery of our friend and it I am enjoying. Regards and good adventures friends. :bg: :bowdown:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Thank you very much! A remake of my 2009 pack might be on the cards, if anyone wants one. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Any more comments?
Fechna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Fechna »

Hi Lukeno! I really like the fact, that someone makes the new BTCC season.

My feelings are a bit mixed on your pack though:

+ Theme (BTCC)
+ Physics (although they could understeer more, most of them are FWD)
+ car shape (cars are really recognizable)

- cars look to long, at least for Generally. I also dealt with that problem, that you get cars that look like roling graves or strech limos, just by beeing faithful to the length/width ratio of the original car. Thats whats so difficult about GR- Carmaking: It´s quite easy to understand how the editor works, but to make a car look good in-game, you have to figure out what "looks" realistic in the game, and not reproduce real life data. That´s why experience is the most important thing.

Overall I would give your car pack a 3,5/5, but it could be an easy 4,5/5, with slightly modified physics and shorter cars!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I appreciate the comment on length, but if you think about it, these cars are already wider length vs width ratio than the real ones ;)
Fechna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Fechna »

Lukeno1 wrote:I appreciate the comment on length, but if you think about it, these cars are already wider length vs width ratio than the real ones ;)
Still looking like rolling graves. :roll:

Nevermind. It´s hard to find the right balance in GR and I´m actually changing my opinions of what feels and looks right every 6 months. :headbang: :heyea: :nod: