Screenshots

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Screenshots

Post by Bouncebackability »

How do you save your screenshots? i mean, there must be something im missing because the quality of the screenshot when i upload a track is always pretty bad compared to other people, and i dont know why, and its impossible to tell a difference between a jpg and a png when i do it, so i keep using jpg...

Cheers, BBA!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Screenshots

Post by AleksiNir »

I've noticed, that when you take a screenshot with F12, open it in photoshop, blur a little bit (like 5%), and then resize to 800x600... it's quality doesn't decrease :shhh:
Format doesn't matter, but with .png it's easier to keep it high quality and small size.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

At fist a game hint, rest out of game:

I make screenshot always, when the track is not full of rubberized tarmac, the texture of track looks better.

I use maximal possible resolution of my display (4:3 is always better, because in 16:9 is the max. in GR only 2nd best in total). The best resolution makes smallest bricks on screenshot when I press F12.

But it's not so important as good tool for resizing of the pic to forum limits 800x600. I use IrfanView, which offers several methods of resizing with different kinds of loosing quality of colors.

Finally I often use png, because it save colors best IMHO. But gif works too (lost are colors, but picture is not bricked).

In results in quite good, even if I know guys, who make better screenshots. :shrug:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Bouncebackability wrote:How do you save your screenshots? i mean, there must be something im missing because the quality of the screenshot when i upload a track is always pretty bad compared to other people, and i dont know why, and its impossible to tell a difference between a jpg and a png when i do it, so i keep using jpg...

Cheers, BBA!
Are you using MS Paint to resize? That had a spate of stupidness with me as well.
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

Lukeno1 wrote:Are you using MS Paint to resize? That had a spate of stupidness with me as well.
Paint can resize really well, if you use Ctrl+W instead :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I didn't test it at my Nashville screen (track WIP thread in a few minutes) but changing the screen resolution (or tumbnail screenshot resolution) to 800x600 px might also help...
then just save as png or gif (also easy in MS paint) and your pic is ready!
As I said before I didn't test it but it might be good :hiya:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

I took the screenshot with F12, then I open the bitmap and save it as jpg. Easy, quick and no problems
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

AleksiNir wrote:I've noticed, that when you take a screenshot with F12, open it in photoshop, blur a little bit (like 5%), and then resize to 800x600... it's quality doesn't decrease :shhh:
I personally just don't blur it with GIMP :bg: I then save in PNG/JPG depending on my mood... :scratch: