[ral] [stg] [tpk] Bondvel Rally

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Gzehoo

[ral] [stg] [tpk] Bondvel Rally

Post by Gzehoo »

Bondvel Rally

Another rally pack which I also started long time ago, and decided to finish today.

Pack contains 20 stages on 9 maps + very long Super Stage.

Have fun :rally:
Attachments
Bondvel 01.png
Bondvel S-Stage.png
Bondvel Rally.zip
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
Bondvel Rally Map.zip
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] [stg] [tpk] Bondvel Rally

Post by Aeon »

I didn't realize this was a rally pack until yesterday. I pretty much only race rally packs these days.

Anyway, here's my comments on this:

The good:
- It's long. I like long.
- The scenery is nice where you have the grass hills and sometimes the gullies and height changes.
- Until the special stage, I didn't have any problems missing checkpoints.
- Flow is pretty good.
- The overall map is cool.

The bad:
- The scenery is extremely uniform in most of the tracks. Everything looks the same. Nothing makes one track stand out from the others. It would benefit from more sporadic decorations, clusters of bushes, rock formations, random buildings if appropriate, anything to make each track a little more interesting and distinctive. The special stage in the screenshot actually did this the best, in my opinion. Try to put something special into each map.
- It suffers from what I call "spaghetti tracks". That's where if you took a cooked spaghetti noodle and laid it out randomly on the table, it would look like one of the tracks from this rally. The problem is that there is nothing special or distinctive about the layout of a spaghetti noodle. No challenging corners, no surprises, no jumps, no obstacles, just driving the noodle.
- Make sure the checkpoints are wide enough to accommodate a car going wide on a turn.
- I had to race the special stage about 5 times before I actually completed the lap, because I was consistently going the wrong way. Kind of annoying. I'd have been okay with some clues on the map telling me where to go.
- Rotate objects. Every rock and bush in these maps is facing the same direction. Even if you're placing many objects, rotate the placement periodically so they're not all the same.
- I find the rock/boulders guiding the track a little odd looking. I'd have used a fence, wall, cone, or drawn kerb tape instead. Personal preference.

That said, feel free to make more rally packs. This community is half dead and doesn't have enough rally packs.

Finished super stage in 59.80, once I finally finished a lap :p
Aeon's Advance Series Tracks
You can do whatever you want with my tracks, just give me credit please. (I like to check in once in a while and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with my stuff!)