Help to create a car

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Kikwik

Help to create a car

Post by Kikwik »

Hello ! :)

I tried to create a kiwi bird for GR and I did what I could with my pityful skills on the Car Editor :
Kiwi Bird.png
Like you see all seems normal.

But in game when the kiwi bird is in front of the player :
shot0004.png
shot0004.png (43.1 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
The beak disappear.

I put all 3 polies of the beak at the extreme left in the order of polies. At the contrary if I put them at the extreme right we see the big yellow polies in the body.

Any idea how to fix it please ? :shy:

Edit : Maybe with the .car file it will be better :sweatdrop: :
Kiwi Bird.zip
(897 Bytes) Downloaded 58 times

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Hormous

Re: Help to create a car

Post by Hormous »

Maybe I'm too late...but yes, you can fix it by being more precise with the beak shaping.

I can see from the .car file that you still have polies and vertexes left, now all you have to do is adding new vertexes for the beak at the front of the car in order to avoid the "overcoming polies" problem you pointed out. You could add a vertex between the eyes and use the vertexes 0 and 5 or adding new ones for a better beak shaping, instead of using those vertexes 12,1,4 at the back.

After that, I also suggest to place the beak polies on the extreme right, so you are always sure to see them properly.
Kikwik

Re: Help to create a car

Post by Kikwik »

Hormous, what a pleasure to see you again ! :goal: :shaking:

Not too late at all, and thanks for the tips ! I thought it would be a good idea to make the beak while using the vertices at the back but seems not. :sweatdrop: I will follow your advices, making more vertices to shape the beak without polies crossing the whole kiwi bird like he's been prepared for bbq.

Also I know it's more shaped like a kiwi fruit than the kiwi bird, I may try to add some height to it by adding legs, 2 polies may be enough. Will see.

Thanks again, I may release it soon if everything's alright ! :goodvibes:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database