PGR F1 CLASSICS - 10th Anniversary [HL+R]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: PGR F1 CLASSICS - 10th Anniversary [HL+R]

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

FRUKIScze wrote:
RudyOosterndijk wrote:⚠ Time penalties ⚠
  • At Reims, please do not cross the yellow line that separates the pit lane from the main straight.
Can we cross it while overtaking AI cars?
The short answer is no.

If the speed limit applies to you because you want to pit for tires and fuel, then no. Even if there is an AI car in the pit lane blocking your way, you should be able to drive around it without leaving the pit lane.

If you are not pitting that lap but trying to overtake an AI car on the main straight, then probably no as well. That is because of leaving the track with all four wheels and gaining an advantage which usually results in a time penalty. So technically, if there is still one tire on the main straight and you somehow overtake an AI car despite being slowed down by the surface and the cones, you could... I just don't see that happen.
RudyOosterndijk

Who sprays the champagne in the Champagne?

Rudy starts from pole position and carries the initial advantage over the finish line. Just like in 2009 the Toyota driver doesn't dominate. In both cases his margin to 2nd is about 1.7 seconds.

FRUKIScze is 2nd thanks to another flawless performance. The Czech also claims the fastest lap as his own, he is five hundredths of a second faster than the historic fastest lap which belongs to Rudy and Majortom. Great drive!

Both Toyota drivers fail to better their historic performances. Majortom speculates that it might be because of his age. We disagree. Being bullied at Virage La Garenne by four AI cars isn't helpful either. His overall race time is quite remarkable, considering - but only worth 3rd.

Another driver who deserves a spot on the podium is GR Driver. Unfortunately, he spends too much time in the pits which costs him at least 2 seconds and further slows him down. After a very consistent race the Red Bull driver crosses the line in 6th, but is promoted to 4th.

XYY can capitalize on his latest visit to Reims in real-life. He improves by an impressive margin of more than 6 seconds. Yet he is beaten by Nolb in a photo finish for 5th. Unfortunately, both drivers cross the yellow line that separates the pit lane from the main straight. In 2009 Race Control announced a 20-second penalty for such offense. This time only 3 seconds will do.

Early in the race Scholl profits from three AI cars that bury themselves in a hay bale. Only a few laps later he falls behind them, again, after a BMW sends him wide at Virage La Garenne. From that moment Scholl continues a consistent but rather uneventful race. Unfortunately, the 3-second penalty applies to him as well.
RudyOosterndijk

A rudyculous win

Whoever puts in the most time and effort has a good chance at winning at Stockholm. Rudy improves slightly despite the mistake in the last corner. He wins but the historic fastest lap by Stebru still stands.

XYY has changed colors after Qualifying. The German beaches his Lotus on lap 7 which costs him about 4 seconds, and he has a big wobble in the middle sector of lap 17 that takes him to the grass. He is 2nd, but what could have been!?

Majortom is back with Renault. The aged driver had a couple of moments but managed to unleash his full potential towards the end of the race after a soft kiss with the barrier. Although slower than in 2009, he ends up in a better place overall: He is 3rd.

Nolb and Scholl are new to Stockholm and both are closely matched. On a storming first lap Nolb sends two AI cars off into the gravel. But a couple of scruffy laps before his 2nd pit stop hold him back at the end. At least he wasn't at fault when he was sent bouncing between the walls on the main straight. A late revenge for his first-lap shenanigans?

Scholl's race is almost mistake-free - bar that one excursion to the gravel that almost everyone uses to take. Unfortunately, the German crosses the white line at the pit exit which is worth 3 additional seconds. Luckily, that doesn't make any difference, he finishes 5th.

And finally, FRUKIScze is 6th with 4 laps down. The Czech driver admits that he does not like the car or the track which is quite understandable. What stands out most is the sixth lap of his race that takes him 68 seconds to complete. But he does it in style - and a 360 out of the gravel traps.

Podium ceremony

Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:FRUKIScze is 2nd thanks to another flawless performance. The Czech also claims the fastest lap as his own, he is five hundredths of a second faster than the historic fastest lap which belongs to Rudy and Majortom. Great drive!
I'm quite happy with my performance here. Happy to secure podium in both Current and Combined standings, even I took it as an "exibition race".

RudyOosterndijk wrote:And finally, FRUKIScze is 6th with 4 laps down....... What stands out most is the sixth lap of his race that takes him 68 seconds to complete. But he does it in style - and a 360 out of the gravel traps.
Well.... I figured out, that reversing out of gravel traps might be faster :cool2: And I'm quite surprised, I'm not last :D

Congratulation to Rudy! What a drive in both races ! :sweatdrop:
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

I'm a little bit sad that it took so very long until I noticed that there was an e-mail in my inbox notifying me of this tournament!

I might have never been very active around these boards (and competed in only a few races), but I've always held GeneRally dear to my heart and it is still one of my childhood games that I cherish the most. It's such a great initiative even if it seemed more like a small reunion rather than a full blown championship.

Now I feel tempted to download the game again and begin racing. Thank you, Planet GeneRally.
RudyOosterndijk

FRUKIScze wrote:Well.... I figured out, that reversing out of gravel traps might be faster :cool2:
It took me a while until I noticed. Until then Alt+F4 was the fastest way out of the gravel for me. :)
FRUKIScze wrote:Congratulation to Rudy! What a drive in both races ! :sweatdrop:
Thank you! I had to do a lot of testing before we announced our little competition. More attempts definitely help, especially at Stockholm. But I still had to make sure I would start on pole position, or otherwise all my previous races would have turned invalid. :sweatdrop:
Aluce wrote:Now I feel tempted to download the game again and begin racing. Thank you, Planet GeneRally.
Great to hear from you Aluce. I do remember your results in PGR F1: a 3rd place in qualifying and a 13th in the race that followed. Our public database doesn't tell me where, though. So I looked it up and it was Germany 2015 at the Hockenheimring under changing conditions.

And you're welcome. You might want to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. If there is anything to announce, this will be the place. E-mails just don't work any more.