Kikwik's Challenges

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Kikwik

Kikwik's Challenges

Post by Kikwik »

Yes I'm here too, sorry to be everywhere ! :D

A new kind of competition is coming !

What is it ?

It's challenge time ! :goal:

Do you struggle with a record lap and wonder if it's really possible to beat it ? Do you think of something funny to do in GR and want to share it with others ? Do you want to challenge someone to do something precise ? Do you simply want to have fun ?

That's the goal of this "competition". So yes, there is no login, no feeling that we play together at the same time the same track, but think about the pros of it :

. It's light for the one who post the challenge(s) ; no need to have a host website for login, no need to "play" with files (screenshots, savefiles), no need to have a precise day for everything you make. You post your challenge(s), you're done. If you want to give a prize, as you wish. If you want to beat your own challenge(s), it's up to you but you're not obliged to. You don't have to provide cars or tracks, as they're available here on GRIF. If it's a modified track, try to contact the creator first before posting it here. If it's an unmodified track or car, no need to ask for permission as everyone can retrieve it on GRIF or on ToM or whenever it is. You just have to give the link to be more convenient for the challengers.

. It's light for the challengers ; they can do it anytime, anywhere, if they want to. No stress, no pressure.

. It's unlimited in time ; someone can post his record 2 years after someone post his challenge. Everyone can try and post his results anytime.

. You may be inventive if you want to ! Sometimes in competitions, it's nearly always racing for the first place. Here you can change these rules and post an original challenge ! (Race with a group of Mini against a truck, escape the police within a limited time, drive a bus on a kart track,...). You may also post challenges about racing too, no problem, but you're not limited only with those.

Some rules :

. I divided challenges into 4 categories : Easy - Medium - Hard - Impossible ?
I put a "?" after "Impossible" because its seems like impossible but maybe it's doable. So if you post a challenge, make sure you precise what type of challenge it is. Some people don't like to spend much time into a difficult challenge and prefer easy ones, while some will love to see if they can do the hardest thing possible.

. When you post a challenge, you want it to be a new thread since it's yours. That way, it will not be a mess between those who post the challenges and the challengers. When you have a new challenge to post, do it in your dedicated thread, editing your first post and with a new post saying there's a new challenge available.

. Please be as precise as possible.
Tell the name of the track, the name of the author, a link to where to find it, the specific car to use, the settings for fuel, tires, damages, the number of laps or time, if you want a screenshot, a track file or/and a save for proof, etc... The more you're precise, the more people will be willing to try to beat your challenges.

. For the challengers, when you want to beat a record and it's asked to bring a screenshot, a track file and a savegame, do as follow, in order :
- Screenshot : At the end of the race, when results appear press F11. You can retrieve your screenshot in screens folder.
- Save : Then press Esc and click on save. Name it like you want. You can retrieve your savegame in the saves folder.
- Track file : When you're done with all this, retrieve the track where you made the challenge.
Take those 3 files and zip them. You can upload them now !

. I think that's all !

. If moderators think that's not suited to Competitions, please move this thread to a more appropriate place, but I think it's in the right place. It's up to you. :|

So, let's start with Kikwik's challenges ! :jester:

1. Master of Hardcore, entering the Legend - Impossible ? Yes I start strongly. :P
Soundgarden by Giuiba (available on ToM, trackpack of July 2009 : http://tom.generally-racers.com/results ... &year=2009).

Settings : General car, with all settings set to 0, 1 lap...

You have all your time. But... you have to not fall even once from the parkour. And no saves ! Replay, track and screenshot needed !

Edit : Previous challenge was to have less than 60s on this track. This challenge is confirmed to be impossible to make, thanks to Lorenzo who tried to make it. :bg: We are now sure of it. So you may try the alternative challenge, as it may be more possible to do with lot of patience and luck.

2. One reversed lap - Medium
What's this ? Reversed lap ? With reverse gear all along ?! Not at all. Instead of making a normal lap, from checkpoint 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5..., you will make it in reverse.

That's said, when you're at the starting position, when green light is on, make a turnaround, then drive, drive, drive, until you finish your lap. If you make it under the 60s, you win this challenge.
Settings :
1 lap - Alone
Tyres : 30%
Fuel : 30%
Fuel - weight : 50 kg
Damage : 30%
Car to use : Original Mini car
Track to use : Costiera by Dragon : http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... f=6&t=3209
Replay, track and screenshot needed !

3. Speed of Light - Easy
One of my latest nano track to date, Jousting Day (http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 33#p109433), have a trick to make a lap record in... 0.04s !
Will you found out how ?
Any car, any settings are good.
It's simple, so only a screenshot is needed.

4. To mickymax69 - Racing duel on a well known coast of yours... - Easy
Yes, to you ! :) If you want to of course... But don't worry, I'm not that hard to beat. (I really sucks in driving :sweatdrop: )
No problem if you don't want to, I will challenge someone else instead. Please just tell me ? :shy:
If yes, it's really cool, thanks ! But what's our duel ?
Well, I can't find a better place to challenge you than on your own track, Santa Lucia (hehe :misch: ).
You know it well, and I dare you to beat my ground-breaking record ! :roll:
1 minute and 51.96 seconds. Best lap : 21.83 s.
Here's all the files to prove it :
Défi.zip
(492.61 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Settings I used :
5 laps - Alone
Tyres : 10%
Fuel : 10%
Fuel - weight : 30 kg
Damage : 10%
Car used : Like you suggested for your tracks, one of Masa's General car (http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... f=7&t=4494).
Make a reset each time before each try, that way it will show only your 5 time laps for a try on the screenshot.
I calculated my time with the help of this website : https://www.dollartimes.com/calculators ... ulator.htm
I put all my times on the seconds column, not forgetting to put dots, and I got the total result of the race.
No need to put all the files like me, I only need a screenshot from you and your total time. A french battle, bataillons joyeusement compagnon ! (let's battle joyfully companion !)
I'm waiting... ;)

5. Let's float away from those Ghostbusters ! - Medium
Years ago, I released a track called Ghost Panic ! (http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 010#p77010), where I challenged anyone being a ghost to not be touched by any ghostbusters. It was not a huge success back then, due to the nature of this track. So let's try again !
Settings :
1 minute. After 1 minute, press esc and save your game, since there's no checkpoint.
Tyres : 10%
Fuel : 10%
Fuel - weight : 30 kg
Damage : 10%
Car used : Player (first starting position) : Ghost by Masa (http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... ost#p25240) - 5 AI : Ghostbusters by mebiko (GeneRally Database).
Choose Ghost Panic! and not Ghost Panic F, since this last one is intended to be played with human friends.
Replay, track and screenshot needed !

I hope you will have fun doing them, and I also hope that you will have better ideas than mine for challenges.
I'm eager to see what kind of challenges you will post ! And if you'll be able to beat mine... :)

PS : I don't know what to give you as a prize for those if you win them... Maybe a drawing ? :scratch:

PSS : Maybe first, what do you think ? I try to bring different things to GeneRally but it may not be your cup of tea... :|
Last edited by Kikwik on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
FRUKIScze

Re: Kikwik's Challenges

Post by FRUKIScze »

Kikwik wrote:3. Speed of Light - Easy
One of my latest nano track to date, Jousting Day (http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 33#p109433), have a trick to make a lap record in... 0.04s !
Will you found out how ?
Any car, any settings are good.
It's simple, so only a screenshot is needed.
I figured out this one immediately in my head. :P It's really easy. :D
[attachment=0]shot0004.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
shot0004.jpg
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

:bg:

Well done and thanks to have accepted the challenge ! :)

Like this one was on a medieval theme, here's your reward according to it :
Reward FRUKIScze.PNG

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I feel honored Sir Kikwik. I will hang this on my twitter wall :)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

All right, I'm taking on the first one, wish me luck.

But just so you know, the results of German GP might show up late...
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hi Lorenzo, thanks to take one of my challenge, and what's seems the impossible one !

But you proved more than once that you turn the impossible possible. (Brazil GP lap record ;) )

So I wish you a big generous good luck ! :bg:

Remember though, if it's seems impossible as a time attack, you may take the alternative challenge to not fall even once on one run.
But just so you know, the results of German GP might show up late...
Because you will be trying hard to beat this challenge ? :rofl:

No problem, I will be stressed a little more than usual waiting for them, that's all. :D

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I made it to Jesus Christ Pose in 63 seconds (of course saving and reloading a few times), and I don't think I lost more than 10 seconds before that point, so the conclusion is... completing it under 90 seconds would be impossible enough.
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks to have tried anyway ! :)

I edited the first post, and make the alternative challenge the main challenge. I credited you also for your efforts on this.