GRPL F1, F2 & F3 Spring Season 2020 [HL+TT] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
FRUKIScze

Re: GRPL F1, F2 & F3 Season 2020 [HL+TT] [Login]

Post by FRUKIScze »

My last two races were really poor. I h o p e to get better this time.
My quali in Korea was not so far of my best training lap, but my best training lap was nothing close to being perfect. :rofl:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 8 - Japan GP : Qualifications :

F1 Results :
Q8 - F1 Results.png
F2 Results :
Q8 - F2 Results.png
F3 Results :
Q8 - F3 Results.png
F1 : Red Bull team attack and both drivers manage to have 1st and 3rd place respectively. Team Haas tried to keep their place with 2nd and 4th place. Lorenzo is 6th before Fastest in 5th. Good start for both Red Bull and Haas Teams.
F2 : Pablinho make it again taking 1st place and PP, while Mszostus must have 3nd for lack of anything better, as Darq made a really good time here and made 2nd place. Whiplash is awaken again in 4th place, followed by Dzamper and Goat.
F3 : Surprise in F3 with Darian who takes his 1st PP after only 3 races ! How did he managed to gain those skills so quick ?! Art1st is just behind and even if he's already the F3 Champion he's not letting go this competition. Roch95 and Dime follow. Lot of same time after (21.30-21.31 by 4 different drivers : Pat, IAmSappy88, Gimpek and Kikwik). Will Darian secure his place in the race and will be able to gain 1st place ? We wish him the best, as well as all the other drivers of this competition !

Stay tuned ! :goal:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 8 - Japan GP : Race :

F1 results :
R8 - F1 Results.png
F2 results :
R8 - F2 Results.png
F3 results :
R8 - F3 Results.png
Links to the videos :

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Drivers Standings after Japan GP :

F1 :
Standings Drivers F1.png
F2 :
Standings Drivers F2.png
F3 :
Standings Drivers F3.png
Last edited by Kikwik on Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Teams Standings after Japan GP :

F1 :
Standings Teams F1.png
F2 :
Standings Teams F2.png
F3 :
Standings Teams F3.png
Will say only the biggest changes so far here :
. Mszostus is the F2 Champion of this season ! :winner: Congrats to him, he moved immediately to F1 in team Mclaren where he replaces Sergio who retire definitely from competition, thanks for what you've done so far Sergio ! We wish Mszostus good luck ! :goal:
. We welcome an old wolf and an australian one, Crowella, well known for his trackmaster creations but also for his participations in many GR competitions. He joins F3 racing in Jenzer crew, replacing DesanT. He illustrated himself in Japan GP where despite a last starting position made an ascent to 9th place. With a better quali session, he may be a new threat against the best drivers of F3. :nod: A great teammate replacement for Marcinho.
. Some free places in F2 and F3 : In F2 team HWA Racelab, where Goat is waiting for a teammate after the leaving of Mszostus and F3 team Trident where IAmSappy88 search for someone else, as Timo declares forfeit.

A well-earned rest for all drivers during this week, enjoy, and see you next week for USA GP, the 9th GP before the Final GP in Canada. :sleeping:

What can we say about this season so far ?
Well, it was a nice addition to put a F3 racing division along F1 and F2 as many signed up and we had an impressive number of drivers since the beginning, 67 drivers in total ! I don't know if any other GR competition have ever reached this number before.
Also Discord is really nice to share our impressions instead of a classic forum like GRIF. Interactions between drivers are better, faster, inside the team and with competitors as well.
Good tracks and good cars also, which provides an instant challenge and fun without problems.
Good organization from behind, working day and night we can say it, to make all this possible. We can thanks them for all they did so far. :bg:
Also lot of surprises during the races, incredible rookies coming, old wolves coming back after years too, impressive results of veteran which provide us a spectacular entertainment,...

Personally, I had lot of fun driving with real humans and friends, and interacting with them, instead of cold bots which don't care if you win, lose, have problems taking a corner or if you want to share your thoughts or your feelings. I'm surprised of how much talented everyone is, always pushing the limits of themselves further away, and that challenge is being always fresh with new and old drivers coming. I appreciated the kindness of some drivers between them. It's nice to see that despite being a competition, some stay positive and full of compassion, free of any rivalry, jealousy or resentment, bad behaviors as we unfortunately see so often in real life competitions. I appreciated to give the best from myself here and on Discord too, in race and in comments, and to gain a new field of inspiration for my creations. If there is a new competition planned after this one, whatever the kind, I would probably sign up again if I'm not too busy with work or other personal issues. :yipee:

If you have some thoughts about this competition so far, feel free to post something too. :goodvibes:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 9 - USA GP :
UMC-UtahMotorsportsCampus_0.jpg
R9 - F1.png
R9 - F2.png
R9 - F3.png
Miller Motorsport Park became Utah Motorsports Campus recently. It's a very modern racing track, with no less than 23 corners to take ! Drivers will take pretty several G forces during all the race, hope that they'll not become dizzy too quickly. :rolleyes:

Be careful not leaving the track dear drivers, as there is sand all around here, and may considerably slow you down. Also try not to be distracted by the grid girls... Ah yes, there are not here anymore since 2018, so watch the curves of the track instead. :P

Good quali session everyone, stay tuned ! :goal:
Last edited by Kikwik on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Kikwik new season F1/F2/F3 start in autumn. In the holiday probably start short event (maybe DTM/WRC/Speedway who know?)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks for the precision Mszostus, I will change the name of the topic to add "spring season" and I will put a reminder for what you said at the end of this season.

Also thanks to have corrected my name, I had a good laugh. ;) :D

FRUKIScze

Re: GRPL F1, F2 & F3 Spring Season 2020 [HL+TT] [Login]

Post by FRUKIScze »

Sometimes you have bad days, when you train hard, but your LS is +0,3s or more slower compared to your PB.
However, sometimes you have good days, when you train just a little, but improve in LS by -0,3s or more compared to your PB :mrgreen:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 9 - USA GP : Qualifications :

F1 Results :
Q9 - F1.png
F2 Results :
Q9 - F2.png
F3 Results :
Q9 - F3.png
F1 : Lorenzo and Tinjovic on the same time ! Lorenzo have 1st place due to second best lap. We expect as always a spectacular race with those 2 talented drivers ! We have the usual F1 drivers in first front like Mike Nike, Fastest and Matrak. Mszostus, the former F2 champion is just behind ! Pablinho didn't start, was curious about his time but maybe it will be better for him in Canada GP.
F2 : 2nd PP for FRUKIScze ! Lerhond made a great ascent in 2nd place, followed by former F3 driver Goat and former F1 then F3 driver Darq. Brodaty and Qwerz are just behind.
F3 : Surprising results with Crowella way above of the pack, with an incredible PP. Go to F2 or even F1, you'll lose your time here ! (Plus it will give us a chance to gain one more place in the standings. :D ) Gimpek made a very good time too, followed by Art1st (great battle ahead). Zephir gives a solid punch with a 4th starting place, followed by Darian and Kikwik, who may have a better time if he hadn't had this penalty. Same case for IAmSappy88, too bad. Ximone80 made a good start in this championship, and surprisingly resir014 and Paopao made a solid teamwork gaining quite good places.

Wish you the best for the race, stay tuned ! :goal:

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Kikwik wrote:
F2 : 2nd PP for FRUKIScze ! ...
I mean, I don't mind editing my signature on this forum, but I would love to edit the second part of my signature, not the first part all the time :D
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 9 - USA GP : Race :

F1 Results :
R9 - F1 - Results.png
F2 Results :
R9 - F2 - Results.png
F3 Results :
R9 - F3 - Results.png
Links to the videos :
F1
F2
F3

F1 : Incredible battle between Lorenzo and Tinjovic ! With those two we are sure to always have a great show, with few ms between them ! Mszostus proved that the former F2 champion is a really talented driver being just behind the favorites of F1 competition, incredible for his first race in F1 ! Matrak still fight for points in 4th place, followed by Mike Nike and Fastest.
F2 : Not many drivers in F2 but surprisingly Darq is in 1st place, followed by Brodaty and FRUKIScze. Great teamwork from MP Motorsport on this track, congrats ! Same also for Lerhond and Qwerz who are just behind.
F3 : For the first time in this competition, Art1st is not first ! Gimpek took his place, followed by Crowella, with Art1st only taking 3rd place. The "Rookies" Darian and IAmSappy88 made impressive progress in their driving since their arrival, it's mind-blowing. We hope to see them in F2 soon. Roch95 and Kikwik have been disqualified unluckily, they would have good places to share between them. Zephir have an honorable 6th place. And where is Konrado ? Konrado isn't in the kitchen, but at his favorite place, in 9th place. Haha, he did it again ! Good job ! Gimpek is really near to push Kikwik from his 2nd place. Will he do it ?

Next and final GP, Canada ! See you soon guys and fight with all you have for this final race. Stay tuned ! :goal:
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 10 - Final Round ! - Canada GP :
Mission-Logo.png
Mission-Logo.png (35.18 KiB) Viewed 6467 times
R10 - F1.png
R10 - F2.png
R10 - F3.png
Last race for this season, some drivers may feel tired, some may feel excited and ready to give all they have for this final GP... Sure thing is that this track close wonderfully this championship ; not too hard, not too easy, it's flowing well...

It's not the time yet to look behind what you've done guys. Give all you have, no regrets, and stay tuned for quali ! :goal:

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

#Covid19Challenge - Try to find a single spectator or a track marshall around the track. Feels weird to race under these conditions :ouch:
Attachments
shot0022.png
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 10 - Canada GP : Qualifications :

F1 Results :
Q - F1.png
F2 Results :
Q - F2.png
F3 Results :
Q - F3.png
Sorry, I'm a little late and don't have much time. Just a reminder, see you monday for results on Discord and tuesday here on GRIF. Stay tuned ! :goal:

@FRUKIScze : I see one ! Against a tree ! Doing some... stuff. Yeah nevermind, there's nobody here. :D

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

My first stint was so horrible, that I can hope only for one point.
For the fastest lap :hide:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 10 - Canada GP : Race :

F1 Results :
R10 - F1 - Results.png
F2 Results :
R10 - F2 - Results.png
F3 Results :
R10 - F3 - Results.png

Links for the videos :

Some comments :
F1 : Another victory for Lorenzo, followed by team Haas with Tinjovic and Mike Nike, 4th place for Lorenzo's teammate and 5th for Matrak. Very strong pace for team Mercedes and Haas !
F2 : Campos team ahead with Lerhond in 1st place, Qwerz 3rd, and Brodaty makes the ham between the 2 pieces of bread in the sandwich. Good place for the former F3 driver Goat, and amazing FL from FRUKIScze who placed surprisingly in 5th.
F3 : First hard earned 1st place for Kikwik, who fought all along side by side with Gimpek who landed in 2nd and IAmSappy88 in 3rd. Davi made a nice race landing in 4th place, followed by Molendix ! in 5th.
Lot of DNS in this final GP, and lot of surprises too.

Waiting for the drivers and team standings to add the final words on this championship. Stay tuned ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Standings - Drivers :

F1 :
Standings Drivers F1.png
F2 :
Standings Drivers F2.png
F3 :
Standings Drivers F3.png
Rookies :
Standings Rookies.png
Last edited by Kikwik on Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Standings - Teams :

F1 :
Standings Teams F1.png
F2 :
Standings Teams F2.png
F3 :
Standings Teams F3.png

Thanks to all who participated to this competition, those who made it possible and who were working in the shadows. :hattip:

:wave:

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I didn't manage to step on the very TOP step in any race this season, but I managed to get 3 podiums, 2 fastest laps, 2 pole positions and overall 3rd place in Drivers standings. So I'm quite happy with my performance and I'm really looking forward to autumn season :bg: