Just a question on the rules.

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
Martyn

Just a question on the rules.

Post by Martyn »

What is the rule for if I wanted to update a track I uploaded months ago? Do I post it in the original thread or make a new one?
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
OlafK

Re: Just a question on the rules.

Post by OlafK »

I think that image sums it up.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

But not always true, Olaf...

If it's not a big update, post it in the original thread but if it's for example a total remake post a new thread.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Rules wrote:The user doesn't post a reply into inactive and old topics unless he need to notify very important matter of fact (e.g. announcing an update of an important attachment) or a substantial new thought on the discussed theme to the other users. ...
So if you'll put somewhere an updated track and bump it by the newest post, it'll be OK. It was always like this, I remember for example several bumps by MdP of Le Mans circuit thread at RSC with new versions. I'd say could be OK too new topic for very huge updates or even from scratch start of 2nd attempt like Paw when did 2nd version of Fiorano test track, but 1 topic is clearer - there will be likely picture of old one too, so people can easily check, what's new and appreciate your effort and decide if they with download the update.