"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
marass

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by marass »

Dear diary,
yesterday I have been on defence of SOČ (High School technical work, something like bachelor thesis) and I finished third (in category I was alone)
I am pretty angry :evil: because the committee was too strict about time (I had 10 minutes only) and I did not finished it yet. I was slightly after half! Then their questions! :talkth:

Why you do not take this picture and you use official picture?
* Because, it is private object!
If you told that you are doing SOČ they will pass you for sure
* (my mind) For sure!
Why you have got citations from web, not from books? And why you have got half about history, which are already published.
* one half was not published in books, I have to do something myself (the goal of SOČ)

And so on.

Another thing is,.. I have father in hospital,.. tomorrow he is going to move to bigger hospital (from Usti nad Orlici to Pardubice), and he has got problems with heart, but nothing big, we hope.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

marass wrote:Another thing is,.. I have father in hospital,.. tomorrow he is going to move to bigger hospital (from Usti nad Orlici to Pardubice), and he has got problems with heart, but nothing big, we hope.
I know that feelings :ill: I hope your dad get well soon :up:

btw. Is here anybody, who is addicted so much into snapchat? It's so fun, when you have someone to "snap" with :cool2:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
marass

Post by marass »

Dear diary,
not sure, if this is one of great days or one of bad days. In school two exams (Chemistry and Biology), Biology one went terribly wrong! :mad: , Chemistry bit better :sorry: . I will get very bad mark from Biology in the end of this year.

However, when I decided to learn Maths for tomorrow exam, which I have to write very (really very) good I received an e-mail.
I have finished third in country photo competition! Of course my mood went really up! :bsmile: It is called I am falling down, and you can see it on my FB profile (see post about my foot trip in another thread)

Just great! Bit schizophrenic day, but who cares.

PS: My dad is at home, going very well. Even he can´t work, he looks better.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I'm happy your dad it all ok :) Also hope you'll pass the exams very well.
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear Diary.

Never EVER again drink cheap vodka!!! :evil: #WastedSundayInBed
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
cocney

Post by cocney »

FRUKIScze wrote:Dear Diary.

Why drink vodka when u have excellent cheap beer?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
marass

Post by marass »

cocney: You are so right!
Martin B. - CZRT racer
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

cocney wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:Dear Diary.

Why drink vodka when u have excellent cheap beer?
Because we have drinked this a LOT yesterday :P
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Games have never made me angry. No matter how bad things go for me in League of Legends or Hawken, I can't get extremely angry.

For the first time of my life, ever, I lost my s**t.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... ost1810219
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I officially hate my Toshiba Satellite L740 for obvious reasons. Not only is the laptop have tendencies of random freezes, but also my harddisk died on me...

It's evident by the time I run my chkdsk and found that lots of sectors are unreadable. Now I have to find another HDD / Laptop to backup everything I have on there, which means more money... -_-
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
marass

Post by marass »

Dear diary,..
today I saw just a weird vehicle. It has got only licence plate for motorcycles, what makes me thinking what is it. I have found it, and it is:
Aixam GTO
Just interesting fact,.. but I won´t buy it, because top speed is 45 kph.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@marass: You call it a motorised quadricycle. As far as I know these are available throughout Europe and are particularly popular in France (Aixam is a French manufacturer ;) ), Italy and Scandinavia.
Haruna wrote: For the first time of my life, ever, I lost my s**t.

Ok then, I'm warned... :please:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

DuklaLiberec wrote:@marass: You call it a motorised quadricycle. As far as I know these are available throughout Europe and are particularly popular in France (Aixam is a French manufacturer ;) ), Italy and Scandinavia.
It's a car, which you can drive only with license for motorcycle 50cc. So you can drive this car when you are only 15 years old. Like one of my friend did. But it's really expensive :o
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, those are pretty popular vehicles here, although the popularity is propably declining now propably because the parents don't want to see their kids get killed. And the insurance costs for those things have gone through the roof because of the kids crashing them left right and center.
Now the driver's lisence is propably going to change so the youngsters can start the driving school earlier, propably to also limit the people who get these light weight quadricycles and instead give them a proper car immediately. And frankly, this would be a good thing. I've been in waaaay too many close calls with those things comparatively to the amount of them on the roads.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'm glad those don't exist/aren't allowed in the US, we've got enough idiot drivers who shouldn't have a liscense already :D
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
marass

Post by marass »

Well guys, pretty interesting discussion here! I was just surprised what I saw, and you are taking it into another level.
But away from OT: I am going to take photos at Bikemarathon today. I hope in better weather than days before :( because my camera needs lots of sun.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Haruna wrote:Games have never made me angry. No matter how bad things go for me in League of Legends or Hawken, I can't get extremely angry.

For the first time of my life, ever, I lost my s**t.

I'm at the one before that, I think, waiting for a repair right now... a bit frustrating, especially when the 1st-place car is actually really fast for once :evil: Honestly, for the "stay on track" events it's probably best just to keep between the lines, or in those places you're sure aren't considered by the game to be "off track". I'm pretty sure that "off track" equals the places where the game slows you down, and after, what, 30-40 laps of the circuit over the last 2 weeks, I've pretty much got those places down by now...
I like short, simple signatures!
Buka

Post by Buka »

Yesterday my HD crashed, and I've lost all of my GeneRally files. 10 years of GeneRally. :weep: Don't repeat my mistake, always make reserve copies.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

*quickly make copies* Oh, I'm sorry. :weep: :worried: I hope, you will get all your tracks/cars back.. :)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
marass

Post by marass »

Buka: well that is so sad :weep:
Martin B. - CZRT racer
puttz

Post by puttz »

That's terrible. I should make a backup of my entire GR Folder now and replace my old one...
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Buka wrote:Yesterday my HD crashed, and I've lost all of my GeneRally files. 10 years of GeneRally. :weep: Don't repeat my mistake, always make reserve copies.
Sad to hear that... :(

But at the same time, your HDD's crash reminds me of my somehow-deteriorating HDD, which suffered lots of "Access to Drive X is denied, the parameter is incorrect" and everytime it happens chkdsk always saves the day. The drive in question is where I put mostly EVERYTHING there; my game add-ons, my downloaded movies and TV series, etc. I just don't get it... my laptop has never been infected by a virus before yet this happens. Either Toshiba, with all its lags, makes my 1TB HDD's reliability a joke, evident by a couple of bad sectors found for the past chkdsks since the first time my HDD suffered this.

I have to find either a new HDD or buy a higher-spec laptop now. For backups, DVD-Rs are my sure-choice for backing up my movies and TV series (since I cannot be bothered downloading them again because there's a chance their links are already dead), and I still have my old HDD (then-used factory-prepared 300GB). The only thing I need now is time... :/
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I started my military service two weeks ago. I'm serving in Kainuu Brigade in the artillery regiment in tulenjohto- ja viestipatteri (I tried my best to find a good translation but it didn't help) The service will last for 6 months or 12 depending on whether or not I will be forced to go through the officer training (AUK) and another 6 months, but I hope I'll get home in December. So far it has been okay here, but its getting more and more unpleasant each day.

I don't know how it will affect my activity on the forums. I haven't been very active lately so it can't at least decrease much. In fact it might increase, since I might start using some of my daily 3 hours of free time on GR stuff, in lack of any better activities, once I get a laptop to use. (I'm using my phone now)
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Dear diary,

I decided to read my comments from a lot of time ago for this forum (My early comments, better saying)... I want you to know, diary, that I regret this decision.

Also, I played NFL Quarterback Club 2001, for the N64, and I decided to use the fumble cheat for a match. With 95 fumbles during that match, I had the "amazing" idea of shouting "WELCOOOOOOME TO THE F--- SHOP!" when there was a fumble. Not regretting that, though.

That's all!
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
cocney

Post by cocney »

Dear diary,
On Monday starts new school season. I don't know...I don't want to do that s**t again...
"You survived it once. You will again."
That nice routine of getting up in 5:45 in the morning to, prepairing for the school and going on a station to catch a train that leaves in 6:44.
WONDERFUL! BRILLIANT! AMAZING!
I am already tired of it and it hasn't even started yet :weep: !
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.