Post your real cars

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Post your real cars

Post by Doorslammer »

A good decent burnout will solve the sticky tyre issue temporarily. :P
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

I've recently bought my first car: a 2003 Volkswagen Lupo.

Sorry no photo available yet.

Greetz, CaLu.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

End of an era.

The car that started this thread is finally condemned to never hit the road again.

Tomorrow it get's collected and, as far as the new owner is concerned, it will be taken apart for the useful parts. The rest of it will be left to rot in a field somewhere.

A minute's silence, please... :(
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

:rip: That's a shame. What did he pay for the car? :D
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

$500.

Yeah, sucks doesn't it?

Gone to the racetrack in the sky, now.
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

I usually use mine for... ahm.... transportation purposes... :cool2:

/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

And just to confirm the miserable automotive week I've had, the last Fast Friday drag race until September saw my Kingswood fail scrutineering. Not even the Datsun managed that... :S
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Updateyness. Again.

Anyone remember the automobile abomination I had called the VK Commodore? Probably not, but there was a GeneRally car made after it, so possibly...

It appears I may have one for racing soon enough. Watch this space...
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Slightly large bump. Didn't realise how far down this topic was.

Change of car since last time I posted. My old car was just getting too much to repair, so I went out and bought this. Should arrive this weekend or next weekend.

2012 Skoda Octavia 90TSI. Skoda isn't a very popular brand in Australia but they seem to be popular between GR racers :goodvibes:
View my archived circuits/cars here
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I presume 90 refers to the power in kW, not HP? :rofl:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Yep, thankfully kw. :rofl: 1.4L engine with turbo. :D
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Nice car :D Shouldn't be a mispurchase at all :bg:
Bird

Post by Bird »

I'm very sad about the story with the Nissan 260Z. Old japanese cars are very very rare in Germany, and I only saw japanese cars of the seventies through playing Grand Tourismo 4.

Here are some facts about the driving license in Germany. You can make it with 17 years, but then for one year, you need to have a co-driver (for example one of the parents) in the car whlie you are driving. And at the age of 18, you can drive alone. That reduced the number of crashes caused by unexperienced drivers a lot, because they drive much safer in the traffic.

I don't own a car, but after driving school I learned driving with my family car: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... _(P11).jpg
A Nissan Primera from 1998, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 99 PS! My father commented, that this car is the most reliable car he ever drove. I agree :sweatdrop:
Supporter of Windows 98
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Since my father got a new car from the job he is at, I get to use the other car (at least until it's sold).

Skoda Octavia RS '06.

Not the cheapest "student's car" to drive, though. :P And the clutch is painful. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That's a lot of power for a student to manage :L
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, I've driven with it randomly for a couple of years already, so I've gotten used to the power itself. :) The only time when it's a bit of a problem is when getting off lights etc, because it's pretty easy to spin the wheels. I had over a year's gap of not driving before I got this and I had driven a van, so it really took/takes it's time to get used to the starts.
Westheim

Post by Westheim »

My little toy's a BMW E90 318i. Like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 070831.jpg

But dark grey.

I *am* dreaming of a Dodge Challenger. Dreams don't cost a lot.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

The dents and faded paintwork accumulate even quicker now. The front one was a result of someone not indicating where they were going and me spearing into their rear corner when I went to pass. Wiped out the original roo bar, so had to replace it with something a bit more robust.

There are bits of primer now on, the result of a strange bit of enthusiasm to improve things. That died a long time ago as you can see.

I of course am the only steerer of this thing. No one else fancies a go...

I changed numberplates recently so I could keep my own ones and sell my car. Since that chance died out, I have my plates back on.

So, what else has changed? Well, instead of having two fuel pumps one after the other, it's now back to one. The fuel line is no longer kinked, which solves some high speed rpm issues. I had an axle gear wear out and destroy itself on one of THE rainiest days I've seen here (I got soaked very bad pushing it off the busy intersection), luckily the diff survived that. Mechanically it's better, but it still overheats even after two and a half years. Lucky these engines don't give a stuff for running over 120 degrees C otherwise I would be in trouble...

It also has some sort of strange game version that captures all my laziness in a virtual world...

I once hated Instagram. Fun fact.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Dave, I am always envious of the cars you own. I think partially because I remember we used to have a VK Commodore and that my friends tried to salvage an old Kingswood. If I get the money, I might have to buy an old car and fix it up. I miss having something I can drive without so much fear.

I should probably mention that last year, I almost bought a Mitsubishi Scorpion to do as either a rally car or sprint car. If I had more money I would do older production car racing.
1nsane wrote:Since my father got a new car from the job he is at, I get to use the other car (at least until it's sold).
Skoda Octavia RS '06.
Not the cheapest "student's car" to drive, though. :P And the clutch is painful. :D
The clutch is painful? My Octavia has the nicest clutch of any car I've ever driven, including a higher end Mercedes. That said, the age and sports clutch probably explain that. I wouldn't mind having an RS :) I'm just going to assume that a lot of here just drive Skoda's around. ;)

Oh, and hi again everyone. ;)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Crowella wrote: The clutch is painful? My Octavia has the nicest clutch of any car I've ever driven, including a higher end Mercedes. That said, the age and sports clutch probably explain that. I wouldn't mind having an RS :) I'm just going to assume that a lot of here just drive Skoda's around. ;)

Oh, and hi again everyone. ;)
Hi again! :P That Mitsubishi would have been a cool project.

And true, after getting used to it, the clutch feels very nice. It just took a while to find the "sweet spot" for both the clutch and amount of gas. I still think the previous cars I've driven were maybe a bit more lenient with the area. But then again, now the driving is super smooth since I found the spot.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Skodas in Brazil? Only on rallies.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Not even on rallies, since IRC now is ERC (European Rally Championship) and being a Euro championship, no more Rally Curitiba, and no more S2000 cars here... BTW, N4 rally cars are more popular here in brazil...

PS: This is off-topic, right?
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Crowella wrote:If I had more money I would do older production car racing.
Why not find a four door HQ, long term project it into something you can take to the HQ Racing with. Or find an already done up one, they are more affordable than you may think. :)

And yeah, about being envious of my stuff. Don't be, it's not exactly winning me card games just yet... ;)

*Unless you play weight on this game. Hah, gotcha Carbone!
Glen

Post by Glen »

Give me one of your race cars, i'll build a roll cage for it :)
safety first
I love the white car
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Updates, I guess? The Kingswood is still going strong. I did find the most bizarre weakness though, the cast metal door handles like to explode when you use them sometimes. Is that a typical feature?

But... could it be moving on very soon? It may be the case, as this little thing shall be trundling into my driveway at the end of this week.

A ridiculously cheap Saab 900 Turbo convertible. Cheap because it needs a few things done (alternator/power steering belt and some light switches for brakes and reverser) but otherwise is in great shape. Good luck to the poor s*d who will get to put the belt on, because it's one of those cars that has the pulleys between the motor and the firewall...