A tiny bit of ancient GR history is back

General discussion about your experience with the game.
gene_alex

A tiny bit of ancient GR history is back

Post by gene_alex »

Hello my friends!

Bit of "self isolation", bit of taking a small break from working, I decided to Google and join this forum at last! More or less just to say hi..
I'm GeneAlex, a member that was active from about 2004 to 2007 in the RSC community. I made tracks, cars, videos etc. Thanks to the "Alternative GeneRally Website" I also found my webpage :D http://www.oocities.org/genealexgr/html/generally.html

My biggest contribution to the game by far was the idea of a "Work In Progress" thread some time in 2006! At the time I was about 13 y.o and wanted to create a topic that would have a "red folder icon" instead of normal colour (topics would get a red colour if they had high activity). :D That really exploded and I can see that it is still is an integral part of the community which makes me happy!

If any of you RSC guys are still here, like LongBow, TuomoH, RichWeeds guy and anyone else who might remember the ancient times, please drop by to say hi :greybeard:

All of the people who participate in this forum and keep the game alive are amazing for doing so :bowdown:

PS. If anyone has some of the tracks I made, like the Sumo Wars, the mini ones or really anything, it would be amazing if you could share these with me. (BTW if any GeneAlex existed after 2007, we are different people hehe.)

Take care!
Hormous

Re: A tiny bit of ancient GR history is back

Post by Hormous »

Hi gene_alex, welcome back! :hattip:

I found some of your tracks on Kikwik's GR Database, here the link to the post in this forum http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... =40&t=5392, you should then click in the link to the newly created Generally Wiki, and then click in Generally Archive. Maybe there could be some more in the "Unknown Trackmaker" section, but some time is needed to check that folder.

Hope it could help. :)
(PS Nice to meet you, creator of the WIPs section! :shaking: )
gene_alex

Post by gene_alex »

Hi Hormous, thanks for commenting!

Yes, Kikwik was so kind and PMed me about the database, Discord etc! What an amazing work the community has done to keep the content of all these creators still alive, even after 15 years! Mindblowing :bowdown:

Keep safe, have fun playing GR during this unfortunate quarantine period :revs:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

gene_alex wrote:If any of you RSC guys are still here, like LongBow, TuomoH, RichWeeds guy and anyone else who might remember the ancient times, please drop by to say hi :greybeard:
Hi! :greybeard: I still check the forums but very rarely.
Ed Santos

Post by Ed Santos »

Hi GeneAlex! I remember you from the old times!

As an effect of this hard quarantine, I also decided to meet GeneRally again. Unfortunatelly all those years made me a boring adult with all sorts of obligations, but surely GeneRally has a special place in my heart forever. It helped me pass through the problems of adolescence with a little more fun and that was fantastic.

Is this a GR Reunion? :D