No IMG tag in Tracks and Restored tracks subforums since now

Important notifications about forum and its maintenance.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

No IMG tag in Tracks and Restored tracks subforums since now

Post by Trigger Happy »

Since now (permanently) is disabled tag IMG in subforums ''Tracks'' and ''Restored tracks'' for all users (including mods and admins).

Reasons are very simply. Lot of people doesn't attach pictures of their tracks to the topic, but insert only link to place out of forum, which is very bad for us all, because:
1. these pictures are placed in external places (e.g. imageshock and so one), so we cannot know, if/when the picture will be deleted by them, so once can happen, that the topic will have only non-working link instead of picture of released track.
2. these pictures cannot be limited by our forum engine as would be necessary (types of extensions, size etc), so it can simply evades our rules. This ''unlimited'' sizes makes browsing in forum less comfortable for all users (because everybody must to download this picture into his PC no matter if he wants or not). Contrary regular forum attachments of pictures are set to force user to download only small thumbnail (300x200) so the user downloads the full-size image only if he wants (by click on the thumbnail) and browsing is faster.

All until now applied tags IMG /IMG stays in order no matter on the disabling. ;)

Other than above-mentioned subforums are not affected by it. :!:

I'm sorry for this little inconvenience.

Trigger Happy, admin
thegreatfalcon

Re: No IMG tag in Tracks and Restored tracks subforums since

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Good thing. I found it annoying that people post pictures and not attachments... ><

- edited by DXTR: watch your mouth, young man -
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: No IMG tag in Tracks and Restored tracks subforums since

Post by Garbre »

There won't be a big deal if only small images (<300x300 for example)would be posted. But some screen's resolution is bigger than 800x600. This does not bother me, but I can understand the admins.
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§