Feature Request List (old)

All you need to know about the project.

Moderator: Alonsomania

Alonsomania

Feature Request List (old)

Post by Alonsomania »

Since others may come up with stuff I would've never thought about: what would you like to see in future versions?

GTGR-related issues/ideas only. I can do a lot, but not fix issues with GR itself.
Last edited by Alonsomania on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
generally69

Re: Feature Request List

Post by generally69 »

an idea could be more "affordable" used cars at the start of the game.

In GT2, cheap japanese cars were the way to go if you wanted to win most races at the start of the game.

Just a thought.
\m/ HEAVY METAL \m/
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Night races with changes of palette :scratch:. I think that also few more tracks by trackmasters (AleksiNir, Jak_GR, DiSi!, Crowella,....) would fit GTGR too :)
marindrin

Post by marindrin »

If you are into a dealer section and press the red "back botton" it brings you to the first page of dealers (the first 10 dealers).
In my opinion would be useful if that botton bringed you to the same page of ten dealers you were before entering into a specific one.
As a second request I'd like to see with next releases a lot of normal, cheaper cars as on gran turismo 2.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I think it should be a bit more explicit when exactly the user has to launch GR, and what exactly they need to do. Also, the "races" track folder doesn't seem to be working properly...
I like short, simple signatures!
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Instead of letting the player manually tune the race settings via the Option tool, why not saving the game settings for each events in their own separate GeneRally Option Tool file (*.gro file)?

So, before the race starts, the player is told to pick their race in the Option Tool. The list will be sorted, for example like this:

- Arcade Mode
- [LicenseTest] B-1
- [LicenseTest] B-2
- [LicenseTest] B-3
- [LicenseTest] B-4
- [LicenseTest] B-5
- [BeginnerEvents] Sunday Cup
- [BeginnerEvents] Trofeo 500
- [DrivingMissions] ...
etc.

Also, make sure that only a certain track will be visible, e.g. tracks for the Sunday Cup will only appear at the Sunday Cup, whilst Arcade Mode allows us to race on any tracks in GTGR.

I know, a bit complicated at start but I'm not expecting it to be done instantly, slow and steady :)
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

using option tool files was my idea, but:

- resets setting, you have to set screen res every time.
- doesnt save AI settings.

Tracks were supposed to work like that. Was something wrong, works now.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Oh yeah and find a way to make the AI automatically change their vehicle. They always raced Nuova 500s.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That would be fairly easy, you could do that with the AI tool for each specific AI at an event. I hand-changed them where necessary.
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Alex wrote:Oh yeah and find a way to make the AI automatically change their vehicle. They always raced Nuova 500s.
it *should* work with copying option tool files, but you would need to set the video resolution manually each time, so I thought picking cars from the AI would be the easiest. Not really any method of streamlining this, unfortunately
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Some tracks have very interesting layouts, but also there are ones with completely pointless corners/chicanes like on Escalira, Hampston... AIs can barely drive through such corners, they often hit sunk tyres. Tracks with more straights and slower corners could be more interesting. Also, to increase the popularity of GTGR maybe users could draw layouts and Alonsomania would choose the best ones and build a track upon it? It would be great. :heyea:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Lorenzo wrote:Some tracks have very interesting layouts, but also there are ones with completely pointless corners/chicanes like on Escalira, Hampston... AIs can barely drive through such corners, they often hit sunk tyres. Tracks with more straights and slower corners could be more interesting. Also, to increase the popularity of GTGR maybe users could draw layouts and Alonsomania would choose the best ones and build a track upon it? It would be great. :heyea:
Hampston is a recreated version of a track i've made in 2003/2004 (and i've drawn Escalira while I was bored during college :shhh:).

Drawing layouts is fine (eg people drawing a layout and i'll be building the track), maybe something nice for a competition?, but i'm not going to accept tracks completely made by others.
ziffs

Post by ziffs »

1000 cars, realistic damage. Then add nascar and a massive online racing community.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

:rofl: Online can't work with GR
ziffs

Post by ziffs »

I know, I just thought it would be an amusing suggestion :P
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

powerfull car should have power sliding, espesially on low speed... the most simple way, increase slowdown values, decrease air resistance, and if needed, increase power and decrease grip.
I've test some cars whith high price... very high grip... not so funny. all FR power cars, should have some oversteering ...
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Have you tried driving the Shelby Cobra? That powerslides off all the time. ;)
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

hm... can't find(
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

LorSong wrote:powerfull car should have power sliding, espesially on low speed... the most simple way, increase slowdown values, decrease air resistance, and if needed, increase power and decrease grip.
I've test some cars whith high price... very high grip... not so funny. all FR power cars, should have some oversteering ...
Overall, IMO car physics seem to be quite 'unpolished'.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´d also suggest to give these award cars for win in ToM, CoM, with reciving Rabinna Award or with few more competitions (I mean those big ones like GRF1 2011 and GRACE S1 you know) :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

CoM doesn't seem to be working very well, but yes, that's a good idea. :)
JanTTuX

Post by JanTTuX »

someone should make the... Red Bull X2010 for this game its just amazing car what lives on gran turismo 5 it has got so much downforce and its so easy to controll 1462bhp max speed 508km/h 15000rpm driveterain --
Attachments
Red Bull X2010
Red Bull X2010
Alex

Post by Alex »

It's already been made. It's called the X1 in this game but it's the same car. Just go to Polyphony Digital in the manufacturers on GTGR.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

More random and crappy cars. I like those :bsmile:
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

In the forthcoming future I will be rewriting most of the code to make it a) easier for myself b) better and c) much easier to update.

I have planned quite a couple of things I can't go into detail now, but in the mean time please continue writing down what you would like to make it into the next release :)