Developer Blog

Where to discuss the official sequel. Developers blog, kickstarter, your experience with pre-alpha demo, ideas etc.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: Developer Blog

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Dear developers,

I must admit that I have been following the development of GeneRally 2 with relative indifference lately. But on behalf of some of the last remaining members of PGR.de, I would like you to know that there are still people who care. It's been one year now since the last blog post and all I'm saying is:

It is about time for another update - whether or not there is much to talk about.

Last year you appointed a dedicated communications guy (in what I hope was not only a symbolic act) who, as I assume, had nothing to report about ever since he made his debut in April 2018. I am worried that this might have cost you a lot of credibility.

See you around when there is news to talk about!
Rudy
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Dear Developer,

I support Rudy and I don´t want his post to stand here all by itself.
Please let the community know about any updates. No matter how small they might be.
I´m sure there are still lots of people who are really looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Me too, i'd love to see a GR2, so i'd be happy to hear of any step getting closer to it. Do hope as well that the tracks working in GR1 will also run in GR2.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

New update on the official GR website, yay ! :goal:

Was thinking about it recently, and then it falls. So happy to hear from you even if it's little.

Well it's an update to receive updates but "testing phase" ? "user survey" ? Seems the beginning of something.

I wonder how many updates we will receive by email in the future. :scratch:

Thanks for the update, glad you're still working on it. :goodvibes:

PS : Do we receive a confirmation by email that we have sign up to the newsletter or not necessarily ?
Last edited by Kikwik on Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

It won't send you a confirmation email (you'll just get the confirmation in-browser). However, if people find this confusing, we can start sending confirmation emails!

Either way, thanks for signing up :bg:
GeneRally Developer
Website
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

If it don't bother you too much yes I would like to have a confirmation email. I have multiple email accounts and sometimes they're very similar so I may make a typo or mix several emails. Having a confirmation email is reassuring, at least for me, that I typed the right email adress for the sign up and I would be sure to receive the updates and surveys even if the first update takes a long time to come.

Eager to receive more news about you and GR2 in a near future.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Oh whew, another update. 😁 I have signed up.

Genuine question, will you plan on having something like a Discord for community updates during development? I feel like the era of forums for updates are coming to a wind down.
View my archived circuits/cars here
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Yup, a Discord server is somewhere in the not-too-distant future :up:

And we’ll sort out adding a confirmation email to the list sign-ups, too (after the weekend)!
GeneRally Developer
Website
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

And we’ll sort out adding a confirmation email to the list sign-ups, too (after the weekend)!
Thank you, it's really nice. :goodvibes:
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Confirmation emails should now be being sent on sign-up :bg:
GeneRally Developer
Website