GeneRally 2 feature request list

Where to discuss the official sequel. Developers blog, kickstarter, your experience with pre-alpha demo, ideas etc.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Official GeneRally feature request list

Post by TuomoH »

For the sequel, since the objects will be updated, some of the current artistic decisions won't work when converted. Therefore, the possibility to switch between a classic mode and an updated mode would be much appreciated. :)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:iagree: that seems totally important in my eyes
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

I didn't think of this initially Tuomoh, but you're right. How often is the concrete wall used in a way other than its intended use. Using the one previewed on the blog (whilst looking fantastic imo) will make a lot of old tracks to look odd, unless a version without the catchfencing is also in the pipeline.

Tldr; I agree with Tuomoh
Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

In my opinion, the best way to solve this problem will be if they just make the new version just to read the old tracks, not also to convert them.
Beside that, they could make some "convert tool" for track makers who want to bring some old tracks to a new look.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Now that we have dynamic lightning, would dynamic water be possible too? Water that flows along the hmap :yummy:
Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

AleksiNir wrote:Now that we have dynamic lightning, would dynamic water be possible too? Water that flows along the hmap :yummy:
Yeah, and the cars which can become dirty. :yummy:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Whiplash wrote:the cars which can become dirty. :yummy:
:iagree: Very good idea.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

A way to build tunnels via the hmap
puttz

Post by puttz »

There should be a car editor that comes with the game as well as a track editor, preferably one that works similar to Juan's car editor, simple and straight-forward. Also, there should be some way to put the author's name within the actual car file itself, like with tracks.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

For the GR sequel...

An ingame filter/mode of sort which would change the look/feel of the game from "new GR" to the "old GR".
This could be achieved by shading/lighting or in another way (programmers would know how, I suppose...). This would apply both to cars and tracks.
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

I've been gone from this community for some years. Back in the old days, I was part of this community under the name of "birel", under which I also build an interim forum for Hannu, while the original one was offline. But enough offtopic: I just wanted to say "hello" and especially ask you guys, if there's any news on the "more AI competitors" subject?

I am excited and very happy to be back in this community :)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Not sure if suggested before but I was think of a way to save the tracks selected in a championship.

So if you selected 20 tracks from your list you could save the order for using again. Perhaps these could be saved as a file which can be edited in notepad and shared.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Here's one for the track makers: Shorter wall segments. The wall sections at the length they are now can be really annoying when making tighter corners.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:Here's one for the track makers: Shorter wall segments. The wall sections at the length they are now can be really annoying when making tighter corners.
:iagree: Short Concrete wall will be great additional to trackeditor
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Something I just came across.
I hope it hasn´t been mentioned so far:
Adjustable fuel-refill- and tire-change-speed. Slow refilling and tyre-changing can have an important effect on the race strategy.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Scholl wrote:Something I just came across.
I hope it hasn´t been mentioned so far:
Adjustable fuel-refill- and tire-change-speed. Slow refilling and tyre-changing can have an important effect on the race strategy.
Definitely! I have just written about that in the context of PGR F1.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

fuel-refill is great idea. tyre-changing-speed? This is bad idea. Because everyone sets fastest speed. Maybe pit-in time?(time in limiter zone :bg:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Here are things that came up in my mind:
- Max number of grid. One word: EIGHT.
- Time standings; when points standings aren't enough...
- Ad-Hoc/LAN Support
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
schago

Post by schago »

hello.

i checked the actual list, so i hope this is no repost.

- random time to green: the current starting procedure is good (press gas to early makes you start with slight r****d). combine it with a random time (e.g. between 1 and 3 secs) for the start lights to switch from red to green and the start becomes not only more realistic but also a real challenge and a thrill for multiplayer races.

- when colliding with the AI, i get the impression as if my car is like half of the weight of them. while I get completely kicked off the track, the AI cars don't even leave their line. by now i solved it by making special cars for the AI which are lighter. this can possibly been solved by automatically reducing the AI-cars' weight e.g. in the options menu.

- weight handicap: add the actual points as extra weight to the cars which makes long seasons more interesting. maybe a weight multiplication factor should be to be set in the options menu (factor 0=no extra weight, factor 10=1point equals 10km extra)
Glen

Post by Glen »

schago wrote:"random time to green"
I like it!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Glen wrote:
schago wrote:"random time to green"
I like it!
So do I. :)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I was thinking about a possible graphic update for GR2: introducing working head- and taillights for cars. The idea is to be similarly placed like wheels in Juan's car editor, as the light itself would would be just a transparent bitmap for halation. Lights would be active only at night and/or fog, rear lights would be active also when hitting brakes. Alternatively, on higher world sizes the whole body of headlight would change their color according to the circumstances.

So, what do you think about the "intelligent" lights?
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Herbal wrote:I was thinking about a possible graphic update for GR2: introducing working head- and taillights for cars. The idea is to be similarly placed like wheels in Juan's car editor, as the light itself would would be just a transparent bitmap for halation. Lights would be active only at night and/or fog, rear lights would be active also when hitting brakes. Alternatively, on higher world sizes the whole body of headlight would change their color according to the circumstances.

So, what do you think about the "intelligent" lights?
Are you thinking the same thing like I do too? :D

Seriously, I also think about the implementation of lights...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think if you want to make it it would have to be another "layer" like now we have shadow, there could be a category "headlight" and a category "taillight" (each of them could have e.g. 10 vertices and 10 polies). If you add bitmaps, I think GR carmaking starts getting too complex especially for newbies.
The idea is really nice, though :)
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

Alternative AI lines. You draw one AI-line, and then you could do these alternative lines for some corners. Instead of turning in early, maybe in one lap the AI car brakes a little later. Or takes a different position completely heading into the corner.

Say you have 3 different ways for the AI to take a corner, you pick one of them as the Main line, and the other 2 are taken by the AI randomly during the race.

This, of course, would make it possible to do Rallycross races, where there's usually one part of a track that's driven only once in a race. When you choose to drive that extra bit is a huge stragetic point in a race.

It could work much like the AI Pit-line works now, instead of the AI taking the route when necessary (it already varies in the current version), it could be randomly decided before the race when the AI takes these alternative lines. Hopefully even you could determine it in TE, say with options like "At least once", 10% of the laps, 20%, 30% etc.