Apex Racing League: We're making a new top-down racing game

Here you can discuss other GeneRally-like projects.
Gzehoo

Re: Apex Racing League: We're making a new top-down racing g

Post by Gzehoo »

First we should wait for any alpha/beta version. At this moment we can only talk about the game that nobody tested (except Mastretta Bros).

But I hope this project will succeed.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

I agree with Gzehoo.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Yeah, you are possibly right. :)
Buka

Post by Buka »

Meanwhile, something new here. The game is promised to be released later in 2018. But AFAIU this Apex thing won't be freeware.

Elharter

Post by Elharter »

Wow! Amazing! Great physics...well done, well done. That looks really good.
Did you know a pre-alpha/alpha release date?
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Really looking forward for the finished product!
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
ent96

Post by ent96 »

Hi Guys, I see that ge is stopping and wants to know how to work on Apex
Jonny683

Post by Jonny683 »

Hi, late to the party, question, will this game have AI racing and let the player watch? That's something I enjoy about racing games is the ability to just wat the cars go around the track and try and capture some amazing screenshots with them. Also it's something I did with GeneRally, was have AI driven championship on tracks. Will this game support that?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I don't know if this is connected to Apex Racing League, but I ran into this game called Circuit Superstars which resembles GR very much. It looks pretty nice to me, and it's being published by Square Enix! :o (which is a pretty large Japanese video game company)

Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

It's the same project. They just decided to rename it.

And let's hope it will pass.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Yeah, that's what I thought. It certainly looks like it's becoming reality since it has an approximate release date (the year 2020) and a major publisher behind it.

Anyone know whether there's gonna be trackmaking tools for the game? The possibility to make tracks and the way the tools would work is something that strongly affects my interest in the game.

In any case, I feel like the developers could've/should've consulted a seasoned trackmaker from the GR community to get the best final result they can. Maybe they did do that, the track in the trailer doesn't seem bad at all :D
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

From Steam page :

What is Circuit Superstars?
Circuit Superstars is a top-down racing game with stylized visuals for PC and consoles.

It combines arcade-style racing with more realistic tactile driving physics, and brings together a whole range of racing styles and eras of motorsport - from 60s-inspired single-seaters to modern GTs.

When is it launching?
We haven’t announced the release date yet, but we can confirm that it is coming in 2020. Rest assured - we’ll make some noise when the date is revealed!

When will you have a public hands-on?
This will happen closer to launch, so make sure you follow @CircuitSUP on Twitter to stay up to date with all news regarding events, announcements and hands-on opportunities.

Does this game have online multiplayer?
Yes! It will support both online (up to 12 players) and local (up to 4 player split screen) multiplayer.

Is this a management sim game?
It is not. You’ll race in a solo league mode and multiplayer modes.

How many tracks will the game feature?
Circuit Superstars will feature 12 tracks at launch and we’ll continue to add more shortly after launch…and beyond!

Can you create a team?
You will be able to customie your vehicle with different colours (primary, secondary and tertiary) and decals, then in turn your ‘team’ (driver and pit crew) will also adapt this colour theme. In that way, you create your own racing brand.

Can you rename your driver?
Your driver name will be your Steam, Xbox, PlayStation or Nintendo Switch profile name.

Will there be a track editor? <- What's interest us the most !
We would love for the community to be able to edit tracks using our assets. Right now though, we are focused on making a polished and enjoyable game so unfortunately this isn’t an option for the time being.

How many cars will the game have?
We’re looking to add 1-3 cars per category, and there will be 12 categories at launch. We’ll announce all the different cars in the future!

(No moddable cars for now, but maybe they'll add it if the game have some success ?)

Will there be a competitive mode, like ranks or ranked based seasoned leagues?
Circuit Superstars will feature casual and seasonal ranked online multiplayer. We’ll share more details on the structure of seasonal ranked in the future!

Are you adding power-ups into the game?
We are not.

Circuit Superstars is about precision and handling. We wanted to bring an element of real-world motorsport within the game and because of this we’re focusing on our different car category handling models.

However, we will have different types of track (dirt, tarmac and snow) as well as ramps and some other fun things!

Will it release on all platforms at the same time?
Yes! Circuit Superstars will launch on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam on the same day.

Will it be cross-play?
We would love for the game to be cross-play; however, we continue to investigate if this is possible.

Will there be leaderboards?
You’ll be able to see your friends’ best times for the tracks you’re racing in. The game will also prompt you during a race and tell you who’s beating your best lap time so you can try and beat their lap time there and then.

At the end of a race, players will be able to see a race leaderboard summarizing everyone’s best lap times.

The game will also feature global best lap time leaderboards to help players set challenging goals for themselves.

New Circuit Superstars gameplay!
Finally, we’d like to share a quick snippet of gameplay from the Pre-Alpha Gamescom build. Some of the key features highlighted in this video are:
Car degradation indicators, including car health, fuel amount and tire wear
Pit stop process
4 player local split screen

At the end of the article you have a link to their discord. I can give the link where I took those informations : https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1097130

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Okay, I think that a high level of moddability is key if the devs wish for the game to have an active community and longevity, like GR had for a long time even without online features.

I'm curious to see how this game will turn out. :)
Buka

Post by Buka »

Hi everyone! Have you tried this new demo of Circuit Superstars already? It's f**king awesome (apart from annoying background music in the menu). :bg: I believe we might need to create new sub-forum for the game.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
MegadriXxX

Post by MegadriXxX »

Buka wrote:Hi everyone! Have you tried this new demo of Circuit Superstars already? It's f**king awesome (apart from annoying background music in the menu). :bg: I believe we might need to create new sub-forum for the game.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
I've been playing it all day. The Discord is going bonkers with time laps. I'ts gonna be great, love it so far. Friend me as "animadrix" once is released.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Yeah, I like it a lot, too. They'll release it in Q1 2021 as early access (meaning that the game will be available despite not all features/content still included). I'm excited for that!

I hope I'll get to race with people from here! :)