[mic] [oth] [tpk] Nano tracks

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [mic] [oth] [tpk] Nano tracks

Post by Aeon »

Making a general comment here that it is fun to have smaller track sizes if you’re projecting the game to a tv to play with friends. Makes it easy for everyone to see even if they’re not sitting close.
Aeon's Advance Series Tracks
You can do whatever you want with my tracks, just give me credit please. (I like to check in once in a while and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with my stuff!)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Just found this thread and I have to say: these tracks look epic. Great job!
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Many thanks to both of you ! :bsmile:

To Aeon : That's why I like micro sized tracks more in GR (around WS 100 or less), as we see better the cars. When it's a big world size track it's good too but my eyes can't stand too long trying to see where my car goes. :tired:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I come back again to nano tracks even if it's so small it's difficult to drive on them or there's not many different layouts possible. I just love them. It's so small, so precious, so laughable. And it's a pleasure to work on them ; hmap can be crazy, lmap can be really precise and driving on them is chaotic fun.

So here's a nano rally track around an active geyser ! :o
Geyser.png
Geyser.zip
(42.04 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Wow, it's hot there ! Be careful of the hot water falling from the sky. :scared:

Made for General initially but Mini can race on there too.

I may make more of them, and in a natural setting like this one, like we're visiting a national park with mini natural attractions. :hcammpers:

I may create a separate pack for them, I don't know yet. For the moment I will include it the nano track pack at the beginning of this thread. Will see for the next ones.
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Our visit continue with some beautiful waterfalls !
WaterfallFR.png
WaterfallBP.png
Waterfall.zip
(42.73 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

2 tracks in this pack :

WaterfallFR is a First Run track ; set 1 lap and try to be first after falling from the waterfall ! Recommanded car : Banana Boys from Masa.

WaterfallBP is a Bumper Boats track : Bump everyone ! Recommanded car : Super Swan by Masa.

Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Oh, great to see you are still making some of these lovely micro tracks :yipee:

Wonder what is going to be the next natural attraction :scratch:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Nice to read thanks, happy to see there's still some interest for those nano tracks. :bsmile:

They may be my trademark along with my drawing tracks.

More are planned and I have lot of ideas to apply in the GR world in nanosize, I'm quite distracted at the moment by other things but I want to keep going on this natural setting. Was inspired by USA national parks and other natural breathtaking spots in the world, so beautiful. :love:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks to Final Fantasy games, you may already know about this intriguing insect ; the antlion.

First he creates a sand cone with at its center a sand pit where he settles himself confortably while waiting for his prey, ants.

So ants come by to say hello but damn ! those sand slopes are slippery ! Quick ! ants try to climb and exit this trap but only few escapes their fate, slipping and slipping into the pit...

The antlion, after his last burp, can rest among ants corpses.

You are the ants. There's no escape possible. Will you finish your turns around this deadly oval without being devoured by the monster ?

Welcome to the Antlion's Den.
Antlion.png
Antlion.zip
(50.66 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

2 tracks inside :

. Antlion : The "survival" oval track.

. AntlionAR : The arena track. AI sucks especially with this deadly pit but you may be surprised at how easily you can fall in while trying to push your opponents... Or wait for them to fall by themselves. :P

Best played with General and 4 cars.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Let's get some rest in the Oak Woods. :goodvibes:
Oakwoods.png
Oak Woods.zip
(25.23 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Well known for its noble centenary oak trees, Oak Woods was heavily exploited for its precious wood until 2011 when the governement declared Oak Woods a national park and so a protected area. It's home to many bird species with few endemic ones such as the Chewer Bird which takes resin from trees and uses it like chewing-gum and makes bubbles with it, the Bird Digger that makes tiny holes in the ground to catch worms and the Blues Bird which is actually blue and sings some blues songs for a reason still unknown by scientists. Don't ask me how it turns out that this race happens in those protected woods, certainly illegal. Where are the rangers when we need them ? :P

Best played with General and 4 cars. AI's still chaotic, and so very fun. No AI pits, they are so big in this nano size and I don't want to spoil too much the landscape. Try to make short races or set the fuel, tires and damage to 0. ;)

I may do something in the snow/ice for a change next, will think about it.
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Was looking and playing to all nano tracks I released since the beginning and I found some that needed an update so here's what have changed and for what tracks :

. Little Woody has now a chain lift ! I forgot to add it back then. Yeah I know, it's only visual and the AI line is still no good, but the hmap is too extreme on this track, I can't do much.
. Babyfoot has now a ball included inside the zip for more convenience.
. Jousting Day has now protection fences, less dangerous if you take a corner too wide, and AI line is better tweaked so it don't cut the corner like a fool.
. Pocket Trial has some objects removed as it add more difficulty than it should, and now you can complete it under 60s. Try to make your own record without saving !
. Demolition Derby Circuit version is now working correctly with better AI line and sunk tires added to keep the AI on the track and be able to complete laps normally.

Both single zips and the trackpack at first post are updated.

Seems quite not much but I like that my tracks are fixed and with all the details I want on it. Hope you'll enjoy them even more than before. :)

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Wanted to give a shot to a snowy nano track so here it is : Eagle Summit !
Eagle Summit.png
Eagle Summit.zip
(41.97 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Wow, it's cold there ! But the smokes of the engines will melt the snow and warm the atmosphere, and melt the glacier you're on, collapsing the mountain and falling in a mix of rocks, crushed car parts, and bodies of yours and your friends. Worth it ! :D

As always, best played with General and 4 players.

I don't know why I tend to prefer playing with General for those micro tracks now. But it works and it's the most important matter. Of course on tarmac General is way to fast, and it's still limited to few layouts on this size.

Can't tell what to do next ; I had an idea about a box of chocolate, take an old idea of minigolf, doing a wave for a surfer car someone made years ago, or another nano rally track maybe on seashore or on a tropical setting... or even a pursuit race with Star Wars cars. Will see. :)

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Haven't tested the tracks but I wanted to say I'm very happy you came back to release more of these gems! :bg: Keep up the good work. :)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Ah thanks a lot TuomoH ! :bsmile:

Hope you will test them when you can.

After a few failed experiments like a Black Forest Cake Rally track :sweatdrop: , I'm making a small break right now, but will certainly come back to it during my holidays and after. I'm really interested in making some nano mini-golf tracks, up to 2 players, in my next ones, have to think about those more in details.

There's still so much to do and themes to explore with those nano tracks !

Always nice to see that those creations are still appreciated, thanks again. :goodvibes:

Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Very enjoyable these last additions!
I really like the creative concept of Antlion :artist:, also the "two circle" track shape of Oak Woods, it adds some variety to the Nano series (it also reminds me of Grassarena by TuomoH), while Eagle Summit is a tough track which add the snow to the pack. :goal:

I just notice that now all these tracks ran clockwise, maybe in the future it could be good to have some running the opposite? :scratch:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks Hormous, I try hard to be as creative as possible in layouts and themes ! :bsmile:
I just notice that now all these tracks ran clockwise, maybe in the future it could be good to have some running the opposite? :scratch:
Oh right, I didn't even notice it. :sweatdrop: Will do for sure if my next tracks are circuits. :D