Track Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers v1

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Apassi

Re: Track Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

Post by Apassi »

Trigger Happy wrote: @ Apassi: Potential is big, if the rest of the layout isn't composed only of hairpins like the 2 visible curves. :) Also it looks like hay bales are designed for opposite direction of driving than grid shows - this could be more fitting:
Originally I was going to drive track opposite direction, but I change it. Then I forgotten change hay bales place's but I will fix it! Thank you for reminding! Hope you understand what I try say. I used google translator to help!
-Sorry about my bad english!
cocney

Post by cocney »

Areen, you will TOM with that '97. I can't wait for release :goodvibes: !!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Just a teaser from my next track. ;)
Attachments
parkki.gif
Glen

Post by Glen »

AAAHHHH!!! a parking!! I had the same Idea, but I didn't find any solution to make one...

Your teaser looks great! :) try maybe just to adjust the "input" hole, i mean the black part.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

My WiP:
map

:cool2:
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I think you could improve your HTML code :P
Apassi

Post by Apassi »

6/9 !!! Something what is wrong in your eyes or something what i can do more in this area? :yummy:
Attachments
shot0013aaaa.png
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Uh. I don't really konw what to tell you, but for some reason, I don't like it. :shrug: The dithering of the sand doesn't look too great in my opinion, the paddock is not very special or creative, some walls are not smooth or have holes. Then the access road to the track (or rather to the paddock) is a bit stange because you can't get on the other side while there's a race. The last corner has a wall inside it, it could be more fitting if you put a sunktyre there instead. And maybe you should make a bit more "normal" persons instead of stands without access everywhere ;)
I can't tell you why, but I don't really like the track at all. But this may be different for many other users :hide:
Apassi

Post by Apassi »

XYY wrote:Uh. I don't really konw what to tell you, but for some reason, I don't like it. :shrug: The dithering of the sand doesn't look too great in my opinion, the paddock is not very special or creative, some walls are not smooth or have holes. Then the access road to the track (or rather to the paddock) is a bit stange because you can't get on the other side while there's a race. The last corner has a wall inside it, it could be more fitting if you put a sunktyre there instead. And maybe you should make a bit more "normal" persons instead of stands without access everywhere ;)
I can't tell you why, but I don't really like the track at all. But this may be different for many other users :hide:
I'll try repair this problems, but I can't place people everywhere because Generally 1.10 doesn't work on my computer. I'm tried to make it work with this, but anyway it doesnt work. :weep: :weep: I don't know what i can do with paddock, I'm not good to do them. Can someone tell tips, please?
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

How can I avoid making this track dull, because I have no idea for the surroundings whatsoever :shake: and I don't know whether just filling with forest will do

(also extra question does the track look kinda-sorta OK at the moment)
Attachments
I think I lost some punctuation marks somewhere in the post
I think I lost some punctuation marks somewhere in the post
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Olaf, this track just looks awesome so far! I would suggest a paddock part behind the pits in the middle. Add stands to backstraight, before the bridge, the first chicane and after the hairpin, and don't forget the access road either.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

I started to polish Croville, and there's a lot to be polished

I have absolutely no schedule to release it, but hopefully, some day, i'll get finetuned enough and make some new layouts. We'll see.
Attachments
Croville2012.jpg
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I'm pretty glad that you're finally working on something. :bg: Keep it up. ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Looking for thoughts on this technique to solve an age old issue...

Obviously its a bit rough looking at the moment, by I'm going to test it out with some ai early on and see what the collision chances might be after pitstops etc, hopefully collisions can be a bear minimum :scratch:

Also as a result the banking will be an illusion on the first turn (not necessarily on the 2nd) but ive tested with some fast cars and it leaves no evidence of a lack of banking, can someone suggest a good car to use that doesnt turn well at speed to see if it is an issue there too...
Attachments
MonzaFullWIP.jpg
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's Brianza! :D Cool BBA. It's about time someone made it.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I remade the train track and the roads in bottom left as BBA suggested. :)

finally the track is almost done. :D
Attachments
shot1412654.png
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Bouncebackability wrote:Looking for thoughts on this technique to solve an age old issue...

Obviously its a bit rough looking at the moment, by I'm going to test it out with some ai early on and see what the collision chances might be after pitstops etc, hopefully collisions can be a bear minimum :scratch:

Also as a result the banking will be an illusion on the first turn (not necessarily on the 2nd) but ive tested with some fast cars and it leaves no evidence of a lack of banking, can someone suggest a good car to use that doesnt turn well at speed to see if it is an issue there too...
Let's make Monza from 5-'s and 60's :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Bouncebackability wrote:Looking for thoughts on this technique to solve an age old issue...

Didn't Maciej do something similar with his Monza? Or someone else, I'm not sure, but I'm sure I've seen something similar before...
I like short, simple signatures!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Maybe so, it wouldn't surprise me, although I personally have'nt seen it, the only version I have uses a bridge.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ BBA: the point is to build decent version of the oval? BTW isn't the middle-straight to Parabolica too much in middle? Imho should be closer to paddock and the thin road (original pre-WWII middle straight) on about axis. :scratch:

And something for XYY related to real use of sunk tyres in past - allegedly from Monza in 1951 ;) :
Attachments
lv-pp-monza51.jpg
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

well, pretty much yes, rather than a version with a straight bridge mid-turn. I've done a fair few races with ai and I haven't had a collision yet. And i have moved a few bits around so far such as the lesmo's. I will have a look at that straight, now that you've mentioned it i can see what you mean.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Alpes Suisses.png
Trying to make 6 stages rallies, 3 tracks plus reverse stages... i think this way i can make more rallies rather than making full 10-18 stages rallies.

Gateshead is finished... now i present you Swiss Alps
Glen

Post by Glen »

Does it have potential?

How should I do the pits and whatcan I put on the side of the track
88.jpg
2nd track, A perfect banked Circle, YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE WALLS :)
Circle.jpg
Pits, Kerbs, banked road, yellow lines, Shunk tires (to jump on the walls), and gates (to make a roof for the track, cars can't jump over the wall)
And the laps are so fast than AI's become 2 AI's lines (inside and oustside) :rofl:

What do you think about those tracks?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I like both ideas, even though both have been done before, but I'd love to see your finished tracks. :cool2:
Glen

Post by Glen »

Witch one is better?
GRAVEL.jpg
GRASS.jpg
? :)